Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT X4 tuner / tune results !!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Huh? Do you actually read what you type Rich? Literally every single time you post your opinion on the “best tuner”, you mention ZFG and the. Follow it up how all the fastest cars run ZFG.

There have been Unleashed 93 examples tickling the 11’s, but I don’t want to spoon feed you with specifics so…

Then in your response above you mention “what other tuners are getting out of these cars” what does that mean, if you’re not talking about power?

If you’re happy, great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my FB ST group I see every day what results folks get with other tuners. Y’all get pissy when simple facts are posted and the simple fact is ZFG has tuned the quickest ExST’s that exist…then everyone says that’s an opinion. No…it’s a fact. So Unleashed has “tickled” the 11’s on 93….ZFG has put cars into the 11’s on 93. There’s no opinions in that sentence and I don’t need anything spoon fed to me…I, again, see what people are running every day and I would like to see someone else get into the 11’s on straight 93 but so far I don’t believe it’s happened. This forum has probably the smallest amount of people doing performance stuff out of all the places I visit online. My high performance ST group probably has the most so like it or not I get to see a ton of results posted. Those aren’t my opinions….

Reactions
So your opinion is that the fastest is the best.

Thanks for clarifying.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Shut up all u and unbroken do is the same disagree with shit but someone else does it and its a issue
I can't speak for @UNBROKEN, but I will disagree with someone who doesn't make any sense. You come on this forum without even a modicum of politeness, you insist someone provide you with something that wouldn't do you any good anyway, you have no problem using profanity and telling people to "shut up", and then you're surprised that you get called out on it? I doubt very much you have an ST or any other car since you behave like an entitled middle schooler. And FYI, my 8 yr old grandson has better grammar, spelling, and manners.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So your opinion is that the fastest is the best.

Thanks for clarifying.

No the facts are the fastest is the fastest. It’s the opinion of countless people that have tried multiple other tuners that the shifting and overall driving experience also makes them the best.

Reactions
No the facts are the fastest is the fastest. It’s the opinion of countless people that have tried multiple other tuners that the shifting and overall driving experience make them the best.
Are you referring to any actual recent comparisons to other tuners like GH or Unleashed? Because there was a SPECIFIC mention from a owner who has GH and ZFG around the quality of the GH tune.

You are either skirting my point or missing it. You say that ZFG is the best and then always follow up with the “fastest” comments. Now you shifted to then being them being the fastest is your fact, cool.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I can't speak for @UNBROKEN, but I will disagree with someone who doesn't make any sense. You come on this forum without even a modicum of politeness, you insist someone provide you with something that wouldn't do you any good anyway, you have no problem using profanity and telling people to "shut up", and then you're surprised that you get called out on it? I doubt very much you have an ST or any other car since you behave like an entitled middle schooler. And FYI, my 6 yr old grandson has better grammar, spelling, and manners.
Want me to spoon feed u my st? Ive stated many post were i got a 93 tune had issues with evap sensors mid pipes etc do i need to spoon feed u that? My original comment on this forum literally had nothing to do with u or mrs unbroken it was me wanting to see other tuned st race each other thats it because on this forum there isnt so what else u want me to tell u now? Want me to tell u were i work? Im a machinist been doing it 7 years but I guess im a middle schooler when my daughter goes to middle school lol

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Are you referring to any actual recent comparisons to other tuners like GH or Unleashed? Because there was a SPECIFIC mention from a owner who has GH and ZFG around the quality of the GH tune.

You are either skirting my point or missing it. You say that ZFG is the best and then always follow up with the “fastest” comments. Now you shifted to then being them being the fastest is your fact, cool.

And similarly you’re skirting me saying I see these comparisons on a daily basis. Not sure what else you want. Yes…I’ve seen recent comparisons. You know who still comes out on top. Again…not my opinion…just the way the numbers shake out.

Reactions
And similarly you’re skirting me saying I see these comparisons on a daily basis. Not sure what else you want. Yes…I’ve seen recent comparisons. You know who still comes out on top. Again…not my opinion…just the way the numbers shake out.
You must have missed the recent one where someone with a GH AO tune put down a 12.01 with some ethanol in the tank. All Adam could say was “must be a hot tune”, lol. Obviously has no clue about other tuners methods and approaches to developing a tune.

But I guess that would have been easy to miss on FB groups where there are single digit posts in a day where you get all these daily comparisons.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You must have missed the recent one where someone with a GH AO tune put down a 12.01 with some ethanol in the tank. All Adam could say was “must be a hot tune”, lol. Obviously has no clue about other tuners methods and approaches to developing a tune.

But I guess that would have been easy to miss on FB groups where there are single digit posts in a day where you get all these daily comparisons.

Well…any non-Ethanol tune with ethanol in the tank is definitely a hot tune. My DD 93 tune is 12.0 capable all day long…blend it to E30 and it’s an 11.7X tune…because it’s a hot tune.
And that’s not all Adam could say…he said a lot more actually…but I get that leaving most of it out makes your argument seem more valid.
CABF1AAA-CA3F-4B3A-8906-4A34D2F7119B.jpeg

Reactions
Well…any non-Ethanol tune with ethanol in the tank is definitely a hot tune. My DD 93 tune is 12.0 capable all day long…blend it to E30 and it’s an 11.7X tune…because it’s a hot tune.
And that’s not all Adam could say…he said a lot more actually…but I get that leaving most of it out makes your argument seem more valid.
View attachment 16973
Lol, just proves my point. Adam has no clue about other tuners methods or capabilities. All he can do try to make a snarky comment.

Oh, and I can tell you for a fact the Matt’s tune runs just fine at WOT on 87.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Lol, just proves my point. Adam has no clue about other tuners methods or capabilities. All he can do try to make a snarky comment.

Something tells me you have no clue how much they all actually talk to each other. As in private groups for tuners only and other stuff out of the public eye. They also generally help each other out when they have issues so yea…they all have a pretty good idea what the others are doing. It’s cool though, Ryan….you chose to not be the fastest. Everyone had a choice and you made yours. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Something tells me you have no clue how much they all actually talk to each other. As in private groups for tuners only and other stuff out of the public eye. They also generally help each other out when they have issues so yea…they all have a pretty good idea what the others are doing. It’s cool though, Ryan….you chose to not be the fastest. Everyone had a choice and you made yours. lol
Better watch out with all that incorrect punctuation someone might get mad lol

Reactions
Well, if that was the case between Matt and Adam, then Adam sure isn’t acting like it in that comment. Do you really think Matt Robinson, one of the most calculated tuners is going to put out an AO tune that doesn’t work with 87…get real.

I’m never going to be the fastest, I don’t have ethanol and live at 4000ft. Not my objective at all with my Wife’s grocery getter. But hey, keep on circling back to “the fastest”, it just keeps proving my point. I do have one of the top three most powerful F150 Gen1 Ecoboosts, but again it’s an adventure truck, not built for speed.

Anything to add to a thread that’s about the SCT canned tune?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Well, if that was the case between Matt and Adam, then Adam sure isn’t acting like it in that comment. Do you really think Matt Robinson, one of the most calculated tuners is going to put out an AO tune that doesn’t work with 87…get real.

I’m never going to be the fastest, I don’t have ethanol and live at 4000ft. Not my objective at all with my Wife’s grocery getter. But hey, keep on circling back to “the fastest”, it just keeps proving my point. I do have one of the top three most powerful F150 Gen1 Ecoboosts, but again it’s an adventure truck, not built for speed.

Anything to add to a thread that’s about the SCT canned tune?

I’ve known Matt for years…I don’t need a lesson on what he’s done. lol
I was supposed to run by his shop for some dyno time a while back but I never made it happen.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #75
So, I've been running my SCT stock tune for a couple of weeks now. I even bought a Dragy, but haven't installed it. I'm happy, my trucks happy, and I know that if I need more speed I can go to BoostKing, Unleashed or Gearhead if I stay with SCT. If I want more I'll go to ZFG. Thank you all for the help in this matter, and please stop the bickering.

Reactions
Very minimal changes in the SCT canned tune. Every cell with "green" in it is a change vs. Stock
View attachment 16793 View attachment 16794 View attachment 16795 View attachment 16796 View attachment 16797
Huh? Do you actually read what you type Rich? Literally every single time you post your opinion on the “best tuner”, you mention ZFG and the. Follow it up how all the fastest cars run ZFG.

There have been Unleashed 93 examples tickling the 11’s, but I don’t want to spoon feed you with specifics so…

Then in your response above you mention “what other tuners are getting out of these cars” what does that mean, if you’re not talking about power?

If you’re happy, great.

There is ZFG 93 tunes in the high 11s... the thing about 93 is there is only so much you can do. Most people buying 93 and 91 tunes are buying daily driver tunes which are turned down from the performance tunes and the people that do really want to go fast end up buying e50 tunes. It's all relative.

Reactions

Really dude? salty much?

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #78
This is the only forum I work with where resellers are allowed to blow their own horn. Why is that?

Mods, please lock this thread.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I don't think locking this thread is warranted. When someone doubts and insinuates a persons reputation and lively hood, that person deserves the right to defend his reputation. You may not like it, I may not like it, but he has that right, you know the first amendment and that thing called the bill of rights.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is the only forum I work with where resellers are allowed to blow their own horn. Why is that?

Mods, please lock this thread.
Lol, you've never been to the Concours 14 forums. They have one of those guys over there too(Steve), if you say ANYTHING about an Ivan tune, he literally goes into essay length rants. Glad I sold that bike...