Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT X4 tuner / tune results !!

Reactions
You're totally clueless aren't you? You're so typical of the people who build themselves up by tearing other people down. What a joke. Sorry to hear your so overworked kid, but I just can't subscribe to your pity party. And saying that, I'm done with you, have a nice life.
Good story man! Sure how I'm tearing people down by answering people that were tearing me down but good on you I guess for pointing out I don't have time for this!

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Adam is right, facts don't care about feelings. Adam has always specifically pointed out legitimate shortcomings on competitors products. He isn't simply bashing without concrete facts. Many other tuners don't tune the transmission like he does, some just eliminate the skip shifting and call that "tuned". Adam has literally driven the R&D of this platform forward all while maintaining strict EPA compliance.....who else can say that?

I originally had another tune on my ST. Yeah, it was ok and for someone that wanted a canned tune and it would probably be sufficient...but I was looking for more. I wanted to run e50 on the stock system and I wanted the transmission to shift better. Grabbed his tune once he was done with the freeze due to EPA testing and glad I have it.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
P.T. Barnum said it, "any publicity, is good publicity."

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
what page are the results, don't want to read all the blabber :)

thenewguy

Reactions
what page are the results, don't want to read all the blabber :)
lol theres no results, Heres basically the thread in a sentence. Dude is pissed his texts didnt get returned and how zfg is overpriced because his canned sct stuff got him what he wanted for 1/3 the price.

PS. now im gonna be labeled one of the zfg boyz who cant stand other tuners because in my world, only zfg exists
PSS. i dont even own a ST yet LOL

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
ah interesting... I have an SCT BDX on the way, not looking to be the fastest, or bragging rights - just looking for a bump in daily driver improvement (on 91 octane) ugh... Kommiefornia

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #107
lol theres no results, Heres basically the thread in a sentence. Dude is pissed his texts didnt get returned and how zfg is overpriced because his canned sct stuff got him what he wanted for 1/3 the price.

PS. now im gonna be labeled one of the zfg boyz who cant stand other tuners because in my world, only zfg exists
PSS. i dont even own a ST yet LOL
Not even close.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #108
ah interesting... I have an SCT BDX on the way, not looking to be the fastest, or bragging rights - just looking for a bump in daily driver improvement (on 91 octane) ugh... Kommiefornia
You'll be more than happy with the SCT product. AND they have a phone for you to call if you have an issue that will be answered by a human. It's not a part time job for them and you'll not only up the performance of your ST, but you'll also save about $1000 doing so. Great customer support and all of your questions will be answered. Good luck!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You'll be more than happy with the SCT product. AND they have a phone for you to call if you have an issue that will be answered by a human. It's not a part time job for them and you'll not only up the performance of your ST, but you'll also save about $1000 doing so. Great customer support and all of your questions will be answered. Good luck!
You’re fighting a losing battle. None of your childish, snarky comments are gonna hurt Adam in the least. His reputation will be intact long after you’re gone.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #110
I have no dog in the fight, so read into my reply what you will. The FACTS still remain. He doesn't have a phone number to call, this a part time gig for him, and his prices are too high IMO. There are plenty of other tuners out there and I chose the tuner I wanted based on a number of things including all of those listed above. So I make a comparison and it's childish?? I've done nothing more than make a comparison of his product vs. SCT. If you weren't such a fan boy you would have seen that. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have no dog in the fight, so read into my reply what you will. The FACTS still remain. He doesn't have a phone number to call, this a part time gig for him, and his prices are too high IMO. There are plenty of other tuners out there and I chose the tuner I wanted based on a number of things including all of those listed above. So I make a comparison and it's childish?? I've done nothing more than make a comparison of his product vs. SCT. If you weren't such a fan boy you would have seen that. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Many places only handle business through email or electronically these days. Adam is not an outlier there…you being 70+ and not understanding how business can work these days makes you the outlier. And his pricing is 100% in line with other tuners for his services.
And if you wanna dig that hole you’re digging even deeper…and keep on with the part time crap just know that if your house catches on fire Adam will be the guy showing up to save all your shit. So keep on disparaging a first responder who also happens to be one of the best EcoBoost tuners on the planet….you’re making yourself look great!

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #112
Many places only handle business through email or electronically these days. Adam is not an outlier there…you being 70+ and not understanding how business can work these days makes you the outlier. And his pricing is 100% in line with other tuners for his services.
And if you wanna dig that hole you’re digging even deeper…and keep on with the part time crap just know that if your house catches on fire Adam will be the guy showing up to save all your shit. So keep on disparaging a first responder who also happens to be one of the best EcoBoost tuners on the planet….you’re making yourself look great!
I would be pretty sure I won't see him at my house fire any time soon, as for you, that's pretty lame to say things like that to a disabled Vietnam vet, decorated 27 times, and who spent 3 years recon in the bush. Don't you ever cross the line between this site and first responders, veterans, or this country. You're way out of line. As for digging holes it's time for you to pull your head out of his ass and put away your shovel.

Reactions
WHY DO YOU NEED TO CALL HIM??????

Literally hundreds if not thousands of owners have flashed his tune using the instructions on his website. You don't need to call him. The Progressive Insurance commercial on learning "how not to be your parents" is seriously fit for you.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I would be pretty sure I won't see him at my house fire any time soon, as for you, that's pretty lame to say things like that to a disabled Vietnam vet, decorated 27 times, and who spent 3 years recon in the bush. Don't you ever cross the line between this site and first responders, veterans, or this country. You're way out of line. As for digging holes it's time for you to pull your head out of his ass and put away your shovel.
Being a veteran isn’t a free pass to be an ass. It would behoove you to remember that.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Anytime someone pulls out some "resume", and talk about how great they were, they lose credibility. The only thing people care about on this site is the value of one's posts.

You asked others to stop bickering at one point and even asked moderators to shut down the thread. Now it seems it's all about the fact that you sent a text that wasn't answered? Your earlier posts were on point, now you seem to be committed to making a trivial matter personal. It's not like we're talking about some technical issue on which there could be different interpretations. One cannot be thin-skinned, lose perspective, and get this upset arguing with strangers over the internet. I posted here thoughts on why both points of view are relevant.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #116
WHY DO YOU NEED TO CALL HIM??????

Literally hundreds if not thousands of owners have flashed his tune using the instructions on his website. You don't need to call him. The Progressive Insurance commercial on learning "how not to be your parents" is seriously fit for you.

"I just installed the tune and now my truck won't start"

"The tune file is corrupt. Can you email me another one. I'm in my truck halfway through the tune."

"I get to step 3 and the upload stops." "Can you help?"

Or would you rather wait a couple of days for an answer????

And how do you know 1000's of people have been successful loading his tunes? You don't.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #117
Being a veteran isn’t a free pass to be an ass. It would behoove you to remember that.
And it's time for you to remember that 3000 posts and a ZFG fanboy gives you even less of a pass. You must be a democrat. And I'll make this very clear. Being a veteran gives me nothing more than the satisfaction of having served my country. end of subject. And the same goes for anyone in my family, including my wife, my daughter, cousins, uncles, aunts, and friends who served, And I'll add that many of them were/are first responders. So until you have served keep your feet off of our hallowed ground. And for those of you who belong to this web site and have served, god bless and thank you all.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
"I just installed the tune and now my truck won't start"

"The tune file is corrupt. Can you email me another one. I'm in my truck halfway through the tune."

"I get to step 3 and the upload stops." "Can you help?"

Or would you rather wait a couple of days for an answer????

And how do you know 1000's of people have been successful loading his tunes? You don't.
HP Tuners has support for any issues that may arise.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
And it's time for you to remember that 3000 posts and a ZFG fanboy gives you even less of a pass. You must be a democrat. And I'll make this very clear. Being a veteran gives me nothing more than the satisfaction of having served my country. end of subject. And the same goes for anyone in my family, including my wife, my daughter, cousins, uncles, aunts, and friends who served, And I'll add that many of them were/are first responders. So until you have served keep your feet off of our hallowed ground. And for those of you who belong to this web site and have served, god bless and thank you all.
Isn’t it ironic that you’ll make posts tearing someone down without knowing anything about them but in the same breath get pissy when it’s done to you? Or is that hypocritical?
Either way….you’re doing exactly what you’re complaining about.

Last edited:
OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #120
HP Tuners has support for any issues that may arise.
And that was a question I wanted to ask at time of purchase. Thank you for clearing that point for me.