Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT X4 tuner / tune results !!

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #81
I might agree 100% if it wasn't for the fact that a reseller shouldn't be allowed to force there opinion on end users or members of this forum. Vendors need to remain neutral, and being that I started this thread I would hope my opinion counts. I asked for the bickering to stop above, and it hasn't. So locking the thread seems to be the only way here, and in this case, to keep adults from acting like children.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I might agree 100% if it wasn't for the fact that a reseller shouldn't be allowed to force there opinion on end users or members of this forum. Vendors need to remain neutral, and being that I started this thread I would hope my opinion counts. I asked for the bickering to sop above, and it hasn't. So locking the thread seems to be the only way here and in this case to keep adults from acting like children.
Lots of us probably agree with you, nothing says fun like a tuner and his disciples shouting everyone else down.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #83
Lots of us probably agree with you, nothing says fun like a tuner and his disciples shouting everyone else down.
Agreed, and this is the type of BS that drives fun loving people away from a forum. And what really burns my ass is that I sent email to ZFG asking for advice and they never responded. I am very happy with my SCT tuner and tune, and even happier I DID NOT go to ZFG. They need to be ashamed for not responding to my email, and even more ashamed of the total lack of professionalism they have shown here. Now I know why they don't have a phone number.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Agreed, and this is the type of BS that drives fun loving people away from a forum. And what really burns my ass is that I sent email to ZFG asking for advice and they never responded. I am very happy with my SCT tuner and tune, and even happier I DID NOT go to ZFG. They need to be ashamed for not responding to my email, and even more ashamed of the total lack of professionalism they have shown here. Now I know why they don't have a phone number.
First day on the internet?
Calm down…you’re gonna be ok.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
FYI, if you go to the contact page on his site there is a number to contact him, but it is for text only. That's what I did at first and I got response from him within a few days.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/contact-us

you can also send him a message thru his site. Both methods will get a response quicker than a random e-mail

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #86
FYI, if you go to the contact page on his site there is a number to contact him, but it is for text only. That's what I did at first and I got response from him within a few days.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/contact-us

you can also send him a message thru his site. Both methods will get a response quicker than a random e-mail
I sent a text with no reply. So if there's a problem you wait a few days?? I call BS on that.

First day on the internet?
Calm down…you’re gonna be ok.
I'm a pretty calm guy until people show their ass. And no, my first days on the internet were in the early 80's working for the government. So I stand by my statements.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm a pretty calm guy until people show their ass. And no, my first days on the internet were in the early 80's working for the government. So I stand by my statements.
Adam didn’t come in here doing anything but replying to someone that said stupid shit directly about him. Everyone has a right to defend themselves.

Reactions
I might agree 100% if it wasn't for the fact that a reseller shouldn't be allowed to force there opinion on end users or members of this forum. Vendors need to remain neutral, and being that I started this thread I would hope my opinion counts. I asked for the bickering to stop above, and it hasn't. So locking the thread seems to be the only way here, and in this case, to keep adults from acting like children.
I made 2 comments on this thread stating facts and just clearing up some information and all the sudden I'm the bad guy? Someone called me out by name and said I don't know what I'm talking about. Vendors absolutely do not need to remain neutral.. This is a competitive market, and I'm sorry if being competitive hurts your feelings but I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I'm I not allowed to come in make comments stating facts?

The disrespect from those couple of comments is unreal. If you all knew how much effort I actually put into making this platform better, and the best it can be you would have a enough respect to at least hear me out. This kind of crap makes me not want to do the things I'm doing for this planform.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #89
I respect professionalism all day and night. What I don't respect is childish crap. I agree with you defending yourself, but you're a vendor and if you're not product neutral then you've put yourself in a position where you've maligned another vendor. I know you have a good product, no question about it. But not answering my texts tells me you're not as professional as you pretend to be. You could easily stand above the rude and condescending minority, but unfortunately you let just a few people get under your skin. Unfortunate, because other people would have defended you. I'm 72 and have been around fast cars since the 50's. I even drove a dirt car for Bobby Allison, but unfortunately I can't do what you do, or hold a candle to your work even if I tried. And, as for helping make the site a better place? Every helpful post help build the site. And before I go, I have deep pockets. If you come up with a tune for we lowly SCT people I'll be the first to buy one.

Jbcain

Reactions
The guy literally got called out by name and quickly and directly addressed the slander and left. Only to come back again to address your chatter.

I see no issues here.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #91
I can chatter with the best. Thank you.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So, I've been running my SCT stock tune for a couple of weeks now. I even bought a Dragy, but haven't installed it. I'm happy, my trucks happy, and I know that if I need more speed I can go to BoostKing, Unleashed or Gearhead if I stay with SCT. If I want more I'll go to ZFG. Thank you all for the help in this matter, and please stop the bickering.
How soon we forget!

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
How soon we forget!
who did your tune.
I'm with 5 star on a E50 canned tune but am thinking of going with Gearhead E30 custom tune instead.
Any thoughts on this? I'm here always looking for opinions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
...you know the first amendment and that thing called the bill of rights.
Wait, what? You actually believe that there is some sort of First Amendment "right" to post/defend/argue on what is an obviously privately owned forum? If so, tell me you slept through every attempt to teach you what used to be known as Civics without telling me you did so...

Reactions
who did your tune.
I'm with 5 star on a E50 canned tune but am thinking of going with Gearhead E30 custom tune instead.
Any thoughts on this? I'm here always looking for opinions.
When I bought mine, gearhead sold their AO tune and E30 tune as a bundle for $250, or just one of them for $175. Their tunes are really good. I've never used 5 star but from the times I've seen people post from them, I wouldn't be shocked if both tunes from gearhead are quicker and smoother shifting than 5 star.

E50 from ZFG will blow your socks off tho.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
When I bought mine, gearhead sold their AO tune and E30 tune as a bundle for $250, or just one of them for $175. Their tunes are really good. I've never used 5 star but from the times I've seen people post from them, I wouldn't be shocked if both tunes from gearhead are quicker and smoother shifting than 5 star.

E50 from ZFG will blow your socks off tho.
I hit a 12.20 with thier e50 tune without the intercooler installed, however that was in optimum temps around 45-50 degrees.

Reactions
I made 2 comments on this thread stating facts and just clearing up some information and all the sudden I'm the bad guy? Someone called me out by name and said I don't know what I'm talking about. Vendors absolutely do not need to remain neutral.. This is a competitive market, and I'm sorry if being competitive hurts your feelings but I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I'm I not allowed to come in make comments stating facts?

The disrespect from those couple of comments is unreal. If you all knew how much effort I actually put into making this platform better, and the best it can be you would have a enough respect to at least hear me out. This kind of crap makes me not want to do the things I'm doing for this planform.
I didn’t see anywhere in your responses where you addressed your comment on the GH tune as bring based in ignorance or immaturity. If I missed it, let me know.

To be clear, I purposefully didn’t screen shot or quote the entire comment Facebook comment because as bad as I thought the first part of the comment was, the second part was worse, so I kept it out. You can also go back and read my previous posts about the performance of you E-blend tunes and see my agreements with some of [mention]UNBROKEN [/mention] points.

Feel free to shoot me a DM if you want to discuss any further as the OP as kindly asked for this to stop in his thread. and I attempted to by not responding previously for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Many of these same arguments were already made in the Ford Performance tune thread.
There are two arguments- equally valid.

One is that if you're going to tune, you should get the very best.
The second is that one doesn't need the "very best" when price, warranty, existing equipment and expectations come into play.

What is not valid is the "tribal" element that sometimes shows up in the discussion. I don't have a dog in the fight, as anyone who has read my posts has seen that I can be more than a little dismissive of vendors' claims.

That being said, if you want to argue "the best", let me tell you my opinion from an engineering perspective. I know of only one tuner who has tuned the most modified STs on the planet. This person is also the only person I'm aware of that has done something I thought nearly impossible- to use the stock ECU to control two completely different turbos with external wastegates in effect converting from the internal vacuum wastegates to twin external pressure operated wastegates while dealing with not only all of those challenges, but those of dealing with the ramifications of solenoids, etc without resorting to external wastegate control systems.

And for that reason- and not because I have any sort of vendor or personal relationship, my vote would be for ZFG.

Reactions
I respect professionalism all day and night. What I don't respect is childish crap. I agree with you defending yourself, but you're a vendor and if you're not product neutral then you've put yourself in a position where you've maligned another vendor. I know you have a good product, no question about it. But not answering my texts tells me you're not as professional as you pretend to be. You could easily stand above the rude and condescending minority, but unfortunately you let just a few people get under your skin. Unfortunate, because other people would have defended you. I'm 72 and have been around fast cars since the 50's. I even drove a dirt car for Bobby Allison, but unfortunately I can't do what you do, or hold a candle to your work even if I tried. And, as for helping make the site a better place? Every helpful post help build the site. And before I go, I have deep pockets. If you come up with a tune for we lowly SCT people I'll be the first to buy one.
Why would you expect me to be product neutral? Every product I talk about I give my honest opinion and review backed up by data. Tuning is my own product, of which of course I'm going promote. What do you mean I maligned another vendor? Who are you talking about? You realize I have regular conversations with most of the other tuners in the EcoBoost space, we all get along surprisingly more than you think. Are you referring to SCT in general? Because the fact of the matter is I don't sell SCT because I don't like it, their support for tuners and definitions is not great at all and the data logging on their devices is not nearly as good as HP tuners and that's that's what I need. There's also some downsides to the way SCT licenses their devices you get five unlocks per device but you can only use that device on one vehicle at a time, that doesn't work for me and a lot of other people that run multiple vehicles with Tunes.

As far as the text goes I have no clue what you're talking about. You do realize that I probably how about 15 text message conversations 10 Facebook Messenger conversations, 10-15 sales emails, 20-25 tuning requests, 5-10 website chats a day... on top of having a full time job (hence why I don't respond during normal business hours) I'm sorry if a text message slip through the cracks but let's real that's a lot of shit going on at one time. That's why I have a very refined easy to follow process for tuning.

"I have deep pockets" this is also a very unnecessary comment, because if you have Deep Pockets and you want to tune from me buy an hp tuners device and the tune...

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #100
You're totally clueless aren't you? You're so typical of the people who build themselves up by tearing other people down. What a joke. Sorry to hear your so overworked kid, but I just can't subscribe to your pity party. And saying that, I'm done with you, have a nice life.

Explorer ST Posts