Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Safety Recall 22S27 Rear Axle Bolt Fractures

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The poll does not say anything about being in the recall. Doesn't matter anyways. 137 respondents is way smaller than the number of Explorer ST forum members. Like I said, at least 4 members have posted that their single rear differential mount bolts broke. People aren't participating in the poll for whatever reason. Like any study with small sample size, you cannot draw any conclusion based on the results.
The poll doesn't have to say anything about being in the recall. It matters none. 137 respondents is what we have and comparing it to the number of forum members who might not even own ST's is irrelevant. People are participating in the poll to whom the poll is directed. Like any study with the full compliment of respondents to which the poll applies, you can not ignore the conclusions, especially as they conform to the supporting data as supplied from the manufacturer.

You're grasping at straws trying and make a case where one does not exist, not on any level.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I know that it's tempting to keep "bumping" this and your "poll" thread, but you're missing the entire point. It also shows that you never took a statistics class! The very fact that you're an order of magnitude away from Ford's published figures should be enough to convince you that your poll is of zero statistical significance as are random anecdotal observations. The only person "grasping at straws trying to make a case" is you.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just checked Ford Pass app and it now shows the recall and a CSP. Curious what the CSP is and what they are going to do? Extend the warranty or add the bolt?

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Ford Explorer Platinum Hybrid
I was finally able to get my Explorer this past week. I was waiting on a transport company, but got tired of waiting and decided to drive it back myself. So no I am officially a Ford owner

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome from the father of a Buckeye!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just checked Ford Pass app and it now shows the recall and a CSP. Curious what the CSP is and what they are going to do? Extend the warranty or add the bolt?
I got that too.

This is all it says about the CSP, at this point no one really knows what it does ...

Ford CSP.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Ford Explorer Platinum Hybrid

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I grew up in Columbus, so big Buckeye Football fan.
My daughter liked it so much she stayed in Columbus. Went to a Buckeye Michigan with her. Quite an experience. First time I saw a grandmother say she liked my daughter's tee shirt that said F Michigan :) Nice to see them win the first National Championship.

Sorry for clogging the thread...

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Checking the Ford App this morning and now I have a CSP 22N06. Description : Explorer Rear Axle Bolt Fracture.

What is the next step for Ford? just wait.
I did get the software recall done to my ST.

Attachments

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
At this point, only FORD knows what they're planning to do (if anything).

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Checking the Ford App this morning and now I have a CSP 22N06. Description : Explorer Rear Axle Bolt Fracture.

What is the next step for Ford? just wait.
I did get the software recall done to my ST.
I had the recall (PCM update) done last week and the recall notification disappeared from Ford Pass. Like you, that CSP popped up today.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have not seen the official campaign verbiage yet (mine did not fall under either as I have the 4 bolts), but those are typically Customer Service Programs and "N" campaigns are only completed if a part breaks. Unlike a "S" campaign which is a safety recall and is completed regardless if something is broken yet or not. In most cases, a "N" campaign will also extend the coverage of a specific part longer than the original warranty. Again, I have not seen the full campaign yet for 22N06--but I would assume that is whats going on.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
hahahahaha

Boo indeed!

I had the recall (PCM update) done last week and the recall notification disappeared from Ford Pass. Like you, that CSP popped up today.
I have not seen the official campaign verbiage yet (mine did not fall under either as I have the 4 bolts), but those are typically Customer Service Programs and "N" campaigns are only completed if a part breaks. Unlike a "S" campaign which is a safety recall and is completed regardless if something is broken yet or not. In most cases, a "N" campaign will also extend the coverage of a specific part longer than the original warranty. Again, I have not seen the full campaign yet for 22N06--but I would assume that is whats going on.
Very interesting. Just when we thought that we knew everything about the 3 bolter, we apparently find out there's more.

The plot thickens ...

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Starting to feel like I did the right thing for me by putting the 2 bolt in myself. Doesn't sound like Ford is going to get around to fixing much if it doesn't break. Not likely I will get some cash out of them either. Oh well c'est la vie.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I also seriously considered doing it, then my cat jumped on my chest and woke me up and I realized it was just a dream.;)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ideal. Can we just loosen the rear axle bolt and wait for it to break?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Or you could just wait to see if you're part of the 99.907% of owners who haven't experienced a break?