Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

rear swaybar comparison AFE vs Steeda?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I posted on FB this week that honestly I don’t think the front bar is worth the money. I wouldn’t do it again myself.
How hard was the install on the front bar? Doesn't look like there is a ton of room to maneuver it out either side.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Much obliged! What's the name of the Facebook group? I'm in a couple of them for STs but I don't remember seeing a post recently about front sway bars so I'm probably not joined to the right groups lol
I run High Performance Explorer ST with Tyler Clark and occasionally Colton.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
How hard was the install on the front bar? Doesn't look like there is a ton of room to maneuver it out either side.
Gotta get both front wheels off, part of the belly pan up front and pull a strut out for clearance…then it’ll just barley slide out. It’s kind of a pain in the ass.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Gotta get both front wheels off, part of the belly pan up front and pull a strut out for clearance…then it’ll just barley slide out. It’s kind of a pain in the ass.
that does sound like a pain, thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll stick with the rear sway bar for now.

Reactions
I’ve said it more than once (probably): for an IRS, if you want to take out any under-steer, a bigger rear bar is all you need, with stiffer shocks and springs out back as well. The front bar is a waste of money. Here’s a chart that will help.

E965DFAC-6658-47A8-8797-116D285B7E2E.jpeg