Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

rear swaybar comparison AFE vs Steeda?

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Looks like they're both 3-way adjustable, and are 1" bars (vs the OEM 3/4" bar) I really like the greaseability of the AFE setup though, but is it worth the extra $20?

Steeda

AfE

I'll be adding Steeda springs which shouldn't change geometry that much

thoughts? comparisons? ideas?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Based on the links you shared, there is a ~$35 difference. I really don't think you would notice a difference between the two. I think the Steeda looks better, the aFe just looks like a straight bar with2 90s on the end.
We have a Steeda bar with the Steeda springs, it does what it's supposed to do and it's blue, which is my favorite color.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Based on the links you shared, there is a ~$35 difference. I really don't think you would notice a difference between the two. I think the Steeda looks better, the aFe just looks like a straight bar with2 90s on the end.
We have a Steeda bar with the Steeda springs, it does what it's supposed to do and it's blue, which is my favorite color.
I mean…all a swaybar need to be is a straight bar with a pair of 90° ends. Extra angles and bends don’t add any functionality.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
ok went with the Steeda bar, will match the springs :) LOL

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I mean…all a swaybar need to be is a straight bar with a pair of 90° ends. Extra angles and bends don’t add any functionality.
Do I here DIY?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I just said it looked better, must be the blue.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Now if Steeda would come up with a front sway bar upgrade or AFE would offer theirs in blue. Hate mixing colors and the springs and rear sway bar are Steeda blue. :ROFLMAO:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Now if Steeda would come up with a front sway bar upgrade or AFE would offer theirs in blue. Hate mixing colors and the springs and rear sway bar are Steeda blue. :ROFLMAO:
Steeda posted here they’ll have a front bar out in a few weeks.

Reactions
Hello UNBROKEN, like to get your take on the upgraded front bar. I know you upgraded yours, and I'm intrigued about Steeda. I'm all in with steeda now, springs rear bar and tower brace, but wondering if the front bar upgrade is worth the effort. I don't drive 10 10th of this car's ability. To that end will I notice an improvement? I Like the sweeping on or off ramps, traffic round-abouts and the trips on the Blueridge, but I know my driving limitations and don't go beyond them. Any thoughts?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hello UNBROKEN, like to get your take on the upgraded front bar. I know you upgraded yours, and I'm intrigued about Steeda. I'm all in with steeda now, springs rear bar and tower brace, but wondering if the front bar upgrade is worth the effort. I don't drive 10 10th of this car's ability. To that end will I notice an improvement? I Like the sweeping on or off ramps, traffic round-abouts and the trips on the Blueridge, but I know my driving limitations and don't go beyond them. Any thoughts?
Does it make a difference? Definitely.
That said I’m just getting started dialing the front and rear bars in together. I started full stiff on both to see if I could get it to push…and I can. I flogged it pretty good today…it pushed hard enough on some tight stuff for Advance Trac to kick in. I’m gonna pull the rear bar back to the middle setting today then play again next weekend to see if it settled it down at the limit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yes - got official word this will be available shortly!

TJ
Great news. Must have overlooked the announcement. So thanks for letting me know and I’ll keep an eye out for it on the Steeda site.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
wondering if Steeda would offer their Engine Bay Strut bar in blue like their suspension parts... seems like it would be a cool option :)

Reactions
wondering if Steeda would offer their Engine Bay Strut bar in blue like their suspension parts... seems like it would be a cool option :)
Just ask, they will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Does it make a difference? Definitely.
That said I’m just getting started dialing the front and rear bars in together. I started full stiff on both to see if I could get it to push…and I can. I flogged it pretty good today…it pushed hard enough on some tight stuff for Advance Trac to kick in. I’m gonna pull the rear bar back to the middle setting today then play again next weekend to see if it settled it down at the limit.
DAMN YOU!! Getting the wallet out now! All seriousness, thank you for your insight. Always appreciated.

Reactions

Wish I'd known that. Had mine powder coated locally. Got a close match. I've seen others done in red.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yep, I had mine done and it cost $25 extra and had to wait until they were doing blue powder coating of other parts but it was only a week delay. The extra cost may have changed since I had ordered. So not too bad but as others have said, you need to talk with them to get the change done.