Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Racing Brake is in the game.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
World class company with some really nice parts. Take a look at what they have out.

Per Warren...the way you can upgrade in stages is a great option:

As to the front caliper kits, this is how we plan:

1. 4 pot or 6 pot RB caliper progressive upgrade kit* using the stock size (360# x32mm) rotor - The rotor can be OE, aftermarket, or our two piece. (*Progressive means buying just the rotor now and calipers later as needed)
2. 6 pot caliper kits (380x34mm rotors) which can be RB6M calipers or Jeep WK2 calipers - Kits are made for a 100% bolt on installation.

https://racingbrake.com/explorer-st-2020/

https://racingbrake.com/2664-K
12CEE706-EED4-476D-80AC-E70CCA127C11.jpeg
Front
1612468049127.png
Rear
1612468099695.png

Attachments

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
This is awesome. I've been spending most of yesterday and today looking for SRT Brembo takeoffs. But there isn't much out there... I put in a call to a few junkyards too, looking for a wrecked Jeep, lol. The pricing on the kit with the RB 6-pots is REALLY reasonable that going the Brembo route might not make much sense unless I can score a really good deal.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
This is awesome. I've been spending most of yesterday and today looking for SRT Brembo takeoffs. But there isn't much out there... I put in a call to a few junkyards too, looking for a wrecked Jeep, lol. The pricing on the kit with the RB 6-pots is REALLY reasonable that going the Brembo route might not make much sense unless I can score a really good deal.
Being able to upgrade in stages as you can afford it is a great option too.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Being able to upgrade in stages as you can afford it is a great option too.
For sure. Clearing room on the credit card for pads and rotors right now. [rockon]

Reactions
Since rotor is an essential piece in a brake system - No matter you are looking for just a replacement or a brake kit.

So here is a trivia question:

Do you know RB Center Mount (US Patented) design is NOT the same as conventional Surface Mount design in two piece rotor?, and can you tell the difference in cooling efficiency and performance improvement between the two?

RB Center Mount:
2664-3d.PNG

Conventional Surface Mount:
2pc-rotor-surface-mt.PNG

Here is the updated brake option matrix for Explorer ST, Base Model or Performance (Street/Track) Model:

Note - Wheels sizes are listed as a general guideline, actual requirement may vary depending on its profile (OE or aftermarket)

Last edited:

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Sign me up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Thank you. Sign up will be announced later as the parts are being made available:
ETA for rotors 3/15/21; and 4/15/21 for pads.

Front pad (OE):

Rear pad (OE):

Front pad (Silver) with stainless steel shim off the backing plate.

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Looking at some of the jeep Forums regarding this upgrade.. and some go from the jeep to 8 piston Merc AMG calipers.. would those be an option for the 6 piston kit?

Reactions
Yes, in fact we have an offer using Jeep SRT8 WK2 (2012+) 6 pot calipers (w/380x34mm rotors) for a 100% bolt on installation to Explorer's spindle - without modification (No spacers, no adaptors, no trim & cut) - All design criteria and OE parts are in possession so no try and error.

WK2 front 6 pot caliper:

This is the same seamless upgrade offer for Jeep WK1 owners to upgrade their small 4 pot calipers (360x32mm rotors) to Hellcat 6 pot calipers with 390x34mm rotors.

Another option is to consider RB 6 pot caliper (380x34mm rotors) kit (including rotors, pads, calipers, adaptors, and hardware.)

Last edited:
Reactions
Finally, some better brakes! Thank you, RB. I just placed a preorder and should have them on by May, just in time for summer fun! Now, how about a matching rear brake kit?

Reactions
Brake pad in 3D: (ETA in mid April)

Front:

Rear:

Reactions
With Brembos bolting on with no modifications that probably wasn't a happy coincidence of Fords part or is the industry converging on standard mounting patterns?

Reactions
Finally, some better brakes! Thank you, RB. I just placed a preorder and should have them on by May, just in time for summer fun! Now, how about a matching rear brake kit?
Thank you.

For the rear BBK, in order to retain the e-parking brake, the BBK requires a longer bracket with an estimated rotor size of 390mm. This would be the same rear BBK we offer for Tesla M3 rear BBK (390x28).

Please take a look at this kit and let us know if this is something you and other Explorer owners are interested.

To match the rear BBK with 390mm, we propose to increase the front brake kit rotor size to 400x34mm (=Trackhawk) - If this bundle kit is what other Explorers' owners are interested we can make the kit avaialable

This 400/390 rotor set up can provide you not only the braking power you need in any driving condition; but also provides you a muscular look inside OE's big wheels - In fact it would be better (more balanced) than Trackhawk's 400/350 OE set up.

Discussion in Trackhawk forum:​
This rear BBK was specifically designed to correct Trackhawk's too much front bias issue:​
We offer a similar kit (Rear) to effectively solve Viper's too much rear bias issue.​
Guarantee result...​

Note: Trackhawk has a rear drum brake so the proposed kit is a complete 4-pot caliper kit while Explorer's rear rotor has no drum brake but the caliper (retained) also function as parking brake.

Last edited:
Reactions
I would be happy to go with a 4 wheel BBK as long as it doesn't say "TESLA" on the caliper. I will contact you through your website's Contact Us.

Reactions
Don't worry - The link only to show you the reference for the similar contents and price.

Since you have base ST (non sport) so you would have to acquire the Sport* (red) rear calipers, your rear brake will be upgraded to stock Sport brake (355x26) + BBK (390x28).

*Sports = Street & Performance Packs
This 400/390 BBK is compatible for both base and sport models. The only difference is the REAR caliper - If you are base model owner, you need to acquire the rear (red caliper), while for Sport owners just re-use their rear calipers.

rear-caliper.PNG
Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
With Brembos bolting on with no modifications that probably wasn't a happy coincidence of Fords part or is the industry converging on standard mounting patterns?
A great question! I am curious about this too.

Reactions
Car mfgrs and Brembo collaborate and play tricks so to avoid easy swap between makes and models. However we have a large database and the physical collection on OE calipers (some 220) and spindles (some 240) with dimension & feature measured and digitized which allowed us to scan through our database and spot any possible retrofit with least or no modification.

RB brake kits are designed with confidence (no try and error) from the resource and knowledge accumulated over the decades, so our turn around is quick.

OE Spindles:

OE Calipers

Test Bench: (Shown is Explorer Sport front)

Have I answered to your question?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Some eye candy?

CCM discs in stock with different sizes and thickness allow us to ship those high profile rotor kits within days.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Warren do you offer braided stainless hose upgrades for these kits?

Reactions
Just got OE samples and are evaluating.