Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Phone Call Echo

Z06

Reactions
Same here. Nearly every phone call with an iPhone 11 connected via bluetooth. Dealer says they can't replicate it.
If it's connected via bluetooth, cell phone make doesn't matter, it will echo eventually. Call the service advisor while driving, after 5-10 minutes it will start echoing on him. We have found if your not driving (moving) it may not echo, which maybe what the dealers are doing that can't duplicate the issue. See work around above, provide your dealer with the Ford Case # CAS-28911596-V6L1C7 that all service personnel can see in Ford's OASIS tracking system. We have Not duplicate with Apple CarPlay which does Not use bluetooth.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I've recently went on a long drive and experienced this with every call (after 5-10 mins, echo occurs on their side & not mine...or I'm told I now sounds like an evil robot to them).

It doesn't matter if it's Carplay or Bluetooth connected, it's the same result. I'm rocking an Android with At&t & Verizon Sims in one phone.

I'm taking my car in for an oil change soon, I'll reference the Open Ticket number. Thank you.

Q: Is there a way to connect via carplay that keeps Bluetooth disabled? It automatically turns the Bluetooth on when connecting the USB cable.

KegsBdry

Reactions
If it's connected via bluetooth, cell phone make doesn't matter, it will echo eventually. Call the service advisor while driving, after 5-10 minutes it will start echoing on him. We have found if your not driving (moving) it may not echo, which maybe what the dealers are doing that can't duplicate the issue. See work around above, provide your dealer with the Ford Case # CAS-28911596-V6L1C7 that all service personnel can see in Ford's OASIS tracking system. We have Not duplicate with Apple CarPlay which does Not use bluetooth.
I'm still experiencing this issue with the Bluetooth echo & hoping you made some headway with the Ford Case #. Any updates?

F250S

Reactions
Update, all Ford dealerships service advisors should be able to refer to this Echo Problem in the dealer OASIS tracking system.

Case #: CAS-28911596-V6L1C7.

This case has been escalated with Ford Engineers/Technicians, however as I was advised, the more complaints and occurrences against this Echo problem and Case # above the quicker it will be resolved. If your experiencing this issue you can report thru the Ford Customer Service number: 1 (800) 392-3673 and provide case #: CAS-28911596-V6L1C7
Myself, dad, and brother all have 2020 F250s and experience this issue constantly with our phone calls. I called and tried to give them your case number for the number but they said the couldn’t do anything with it. My local dealer also said they can’t do anything with your case number. Super frustrating to have a brand new vehicle with these issues and they can’t fix it because the system doesn’t give them a code.

Reactions
yeah that case# did not so any good. i called my dealer here in NJ
going for oil change will complain again. i have Platinum and ST and they both have same issue

Reactions
2020 Explorer ST. had echo since September. Replaced module and microphone. Dealership working with Ford engineers. No fix now. Said about 300 cars reporting this. Using Apple Play with cable until there is a fix. Great car but this is very disappointing.

Reactions
Was today for oil change with ST. They told me there is no bulletin posted on Fords portal as of now concerning this issue. We all just need to complain more i guess.
I just can't believe there is not enough complaints yet about this issue.

Reactions
I have the same problem echoing and sounds like your calling from the moon. I used a Samsung note 10 plus and it sometimes loads great other times it will reject it and not load. Two quick tempory solutions turn bluetooth off then back on or privacy mode and back on.
Mine has the lastest sync system and has been hard reset six times. The Ford engineer admitted this is a known issue and still working on a fix.
Test drove a 2021 with Sync 4 worked perfect. If you have a 2020 you are SOL!

Reactions
I havnet been on a call long enough (until recently) to notice the problem. After about 4-5 minutes my wife reported hearing the dreaded echo on her end. 2021s apparently haven't resolved the issue. I also notice that EVERY TIME i drive the car and get out, the Explorer has reset my default iPhone ringer volume to max volume. Super annoying. Anyone else experience this or have a solution?

Reactions
I have the same problem echoing and sounds like your calling from the moon. I used a Samsung note 10 plus and it sometimes loads great other times it will reject it and not load. Two quick tempory solutions turn bluetooth off then back on or privacy mode and back on.
Mine has the lastest sync system and has been hard reset six times. The Ford engineer admitted this is a known issue and still working on a fix.
Test drove a 2021 with Sync 4 worked perfect. If you have a 2020 you are SOL!
My 2021 Explorer doesn't have Sync 4, I kinda wish it did. I also have the echo so it's not limited to 2020. On a side note the 2019 Edge ST I had previously would do it randomly, not all the time like this one seems to do.

Reactions
On your 2021 can you bluetooth apple car play and android auto? I know you have to hook a cord up thre first go round but should be wireless after, is this correct?

Reactions
On your 2021 can you bluetooth apple car play and android auto? I know you have to hook a cord up thre first go round but should be wireless after, is this correct?
For AppleCarPlay must have cable connected. Unless there is other way??

Reactions
Nope, wireless android auto requires some HW that I don't think Ford is using until Sync 4 is in the vehicle. I can't comment on CarPlay.

Reactions
Wife and I are experiencing what sounds like this exact phone caller echo issue in her 2021 Explorer. We have observed it only occurs when the caller is also on a cell phone, land lines don't have any echo. Occurs after 5-10 minutes after call has started. Only the other person gets the echo (one not in the Explorer). Occurs with her Droid and my iphone 12 but only when connected via bluetooth. If my iphone 12 is connected to AppleCar play then echo never occurs. Also have confirmed multiple times sync is updated to latest version. Left battery unhooked for couple hours, but made no difference once reconnected. Disconnected and reconnected phone from bluetooth but echo still prevails. Contacted Ford selling dealer and local Ford dealer and they claim they have never heard of this problem.

What solutions if any have any of you found?

Thank you
I had the both door speakers (all three of them) replaced. Everything is fine with mine now.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I had the both door speakers (all three of them). Everything is fine with mine now.
So the echo issue was resolved by replacing all the front door speakers? I hope you solved it.

Did it come with a case number to reference back to a Ford dealership?

Reactions
SleeperST
Please keep me posted on your potential bluetooth fix. The bluetooth in this vehicle is one of my biggest complaints. I have had six hard resets done. Works great for a few days then goes back to an echo chamber. I did have a lot of GPS issues in mine, wrong location, no cross roads etc. They had to replace a wiring harness which fixed my GPS and corrected milage range in my ST.

Apparently if you want the features of this vehicle to work you're asking too much! The diehards on here will say if you want the bluetooth/features to work you bought the wrong vehicle, just drive it.

Reactions
No, I just took it down to the dealership and told them it was echoing/distorted sound coming out of the speakers from both of the doors. After a few weeks they replaced the speakers since the item is on back ordered. But after that it sounds perfect.

KegsBdry

Reactions
No, I just took it down to the dealership and told them it was echoing/distorted sound coming out of the speakers from both of the doors. After a few weeks they replaced the speakers since the item is on back ordered. But after that it sounds perfect.
Your issue sounds different than mine. My Bluetooth issue is the other side of the phone hears distortion after some mins of conversation. If I click the Private conversation button and then back to Bluetooth button (through the speakers), it goes away (temporarily). I never heard the problem on my side.

Glad you got yours working again.

Explorer ST Posts