Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Phone Call Echo

Reactions
Has anyone here experienced echoing while on a call for the recipient ?

Every time I call I’m told they can hear themselves even when the volume is turned down low enough for me to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbalek

Reactions
Yes I have had this problem and have also heard myself echo sometimes. Hanging up and redialing usually resolved this. I also experience problems if I am already on a call and get in the car and connect the phone there is a lag or have to deselect privacy button on the screen to hear the call.

OP
Bwisi96
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I can’t quite say if it was on Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay. However hanging up usually fixed it temporarily within the same call. Hmm I’ll see if the dealership knows anything.

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
After a few minutes connected via Bluetooth everyone I talk to says they’re echoing.. I’ve tried both my Samsung and IPhone.. damn echo for both.. kind of a pain in the ass

Last edited:
OP
Bwisi96
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Not sure if it fixed itself or it was an iOS update (iPhone). However after the most recent sync update, I am no longer getting complaints of echo.

Gymrat

Reactions
I’m having the same issue; any solutions?
I’ve tried calling back and vice versa ; still an echo but not every phone call.

OP
Bwisi96
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I’m having the same issue; any solutions?
I’ve tried calling back and vice versa ; still an echo but not every phone call.
Make sure you have the most recent sync version installed.

I’ve noticed it went after, or a coincidence.

Gymrat

Reactions
Make sure you have the most recent sync version installed.

I’ve noticed it went after, or a coincidence.

Thanks

Z06

Reactions
Wife and I are experiencing what sounds like this exact phone caller echo issue in her 2021 Explorer. We have observed it only occurs when the caller is also on a cell phone, land lines don't have any echo. Occurs after 5-10 minutes after call has started. Only the other person gets the echo (one not in the Explorer). Occurs with her Droid and my iphone 12 but only when connected via bluetooth. If my iphone 12 is connected to AppleCar play then echo never occurs. Also have confirmed multiple times sync is updated to latest version. Left battery unhooked for couple hours, but made no difference once reconnected. Disconnected and reconnected phone from bluetooth but echo still prevails. Contacted Ford selling dealer and local Ford dealer and they claim they have never heard of this problem.

What solutions if any have any of you found?

Thank you

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Wife and I are experiencing what sounds like this exact phone caller echo issue in her 2021 Explorer. We have observed it only occurs when the caller is also on a cell phone, land lines don't have any echo. Occurs after 5-10 minutes after call has started. Only the other person gets the echo (one not in the Explorer). Occurs with her Droid and my iphone 12 but only when connected via bluetooth. If my iphone 12 is connected to AppleCar play then echo never occurs. Also have confirmed multiple times sync is updated to latest version. Left battery unhooked for couple hours, but made no difference once reconnected. Disconnected and reconnected phone from bluetooth but echo still prevails. Contacted Ford selling dealer and local Ford dealer and they claim they have never heard of this problem.

What solutions if any have any of you found?

Thank you
I have the same issue regardless of what phone I use, so I've stopped using the Bluetooth connection and only use Android Auto/ Apple Carplay

Reactions
I frequently have the same issue. When I move my phone from the centre storage tray to the cup holder or another location, the person on the line says the echo goes away. Could be a coincidence or maybe Bluetooth interference.

Brett636

Reactions
my wife and I are having this exact issue with our 2020 ST. Thought we were the only ones and currently working with the dealer to try and fix it. This is unacceptable for a $60k vehicle that the Bluetooth has these issues. My wife’s former car (2011 Honda) always worked flawlessly, but a 2020 vehicle can’t get it right?

RevlineST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
my wife and I are having this exact issue with our 2020 ST. Thought we were the only ones and currently working with the dealer to try and fix it. This is unacceptable for a $60k vehicle that the Bluetooth has these issues. My wife’s former car (2011 Honda) always worked flawlessly, but a 2020 vehicle can’t get it right?
Please keep us posted on your results with the dealer

Jarvis

Reactions
Same issue here. Build date Jan 2020. Disappears when caller redials.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Experienced the exact same problem for the first time today when connected via Bluetooth.

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Same issue here, 09/20 build. I've tried using Android Auto and Bluetooth and still happens. Dealer loaded latest sync firmware and it still does it. Any luck from anyone getting this resolved?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
This issue is not unique to late model explorers. I have a friend that drives an 18” F150 whose system does this every other time we talk. Call back immediately, no problem. He’s going to do a Master Reset on SYNC. I’ll keep you apprised should this help.

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
This issue is not unique to late model explorers. I have a friend that drives an 18” F150 whose system does this every other time we talk. Call back immediately, no problem. He’s going to do a Master Reset on SYNC. I’ll keep you apprised should this help.
I have an 18 F150 also, no issues. I think the SYNC is different though.

Brett636

Reactions
Please keep us posted on your results with the dealer
Will do! So far all they have done is a software update which didn’t solve the issue. We recorded part of a phone conversation between my wife and I and sent it to the service advisor to give him an idea as to what the problem is we are experiencing. He agreed it was an issue, but he promised to schedule us in for service but we haven’t had it back in yet. I will keep you updated.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I noticed it too. All I did was turn the volume down on the speakers. I had it roughly 12 but turned it down to 8 and it seemed to fix the issue.