Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Park brake automatically on

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Or you could just press the button to turn the parking brake off before you shift into gear.
Thanks, I just bought the car and still figuring it all out. I'm sure you understood every button prior to jumping in the seat when you got yours?

Boyd

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Hopefully its just temporary and they will turn this feature off when the final fix is done.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Suspect they did not override it because it was not there when they setup your tune.
This is true! I had the tune before the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Same caliper and pads. There is an electric servo that applies and releases the parking brake.
I'm glad I'm able to find good info on here. I'm new to the platform and definitely learning alot from you guys. Thanks for the good info and being patient with the new guys, like me! LoL

MyFord

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer Limited Hybrid
Just put it in gear and go. It will release with throttle input.
FYI - My Explorer requires a little more than just putting it in gear. Also experienced the brakes locked up after driving in snow and then parking in 10degree temps overnight. The parking brake wouldnt release (truly frozen). An AWD Explorer in the Northern states (or where the temps often get below 20degrees) should have an option to turn off the auto parking brake.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
FYI - My Explorer requires a little more than just putting it in gear. Also experienced the brakes locked up after driving in snow and then parking in 10degree temps overnight. The parking brake wouldnt release (truly frozen). An AWD Explorer in the Northern states (or where the temps often get below 20degrees) should have an option to turn off the auto parking brake.
If after putting it in Park, can you use E-brake button to release the brake before turning the engine off? I do not have that “feature” since I have never had the recall “fix” done.

MyFord

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer Limited Hybrid
If after putting it in Park, can you use E-brake button to release the brake before turning the engine off? I do not have that “feature” since I have never had the recall “fix” done.
Yes. That does work. Just wanted an option in the settings.

William

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
It only takes a light tap of the accelerator has nothing to do with idle speed at all on mine. There's barely a blip on the tach when I release mine. Something sounds wrong.
Tell that to someone you loan your vehicle to. This is the dumbest thing Ford has ever done and believe there have been many dumb things.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Agree. My wife’s MB locks the ebrake too but it unlocks it when you shift out of park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyd

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I dont drive the ST very much, but it has become a very quick and painless habit.
Soon as I start the engine, foot still on the brake, click the park brake off. No big deal.