Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New IC from STEEDA

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
I saw their post on IG. If you look at it, it's just a rebranded CVFab intercooler. It's cheaper buying through CVFab with their forum discount.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
that actually looks like a whipple rebranded not CV. that price isnt that bad tbh... thats what i spent with Mishimoto on Ebay when they first came out. I chose Mishi just cause they are shipped from california and the price was best at te time.

Reactions
Definitely looks like a whipple rebranded. Saving $300 is sooooo enticing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
that actually looks like a whipple rebranded not CV. that price isnt that bad tbh... thats what i spent with Mishimoto on Ebay when they first came out. I chose Mishi just cause they are shipped from california and the price was best at te time.
Agree with the rebranded Whipple. Specs are identical 214/259. For a while, Steeda was selling WIC through their website. Mounting hardware looks the same. Regardless, very attrictive price for a WIC no matter who's name is on it.

Reactions
Mine arrived the other day - very nice, built like a tank. Definitely not packed like a Whipple - looks like a CVFab unit, which is perfectly fine. The instructions from Whipple will be perfect for the install, however. On another note, the package from Steeda with an SCT tuner is a great deal, especially with some of the vendor discounts.

AE8A1B1E-A455-4F6E-8146-8B3C9FFA08A4.jpeg F64CC407-B5B4-4F56-8D0C-C5347F85623C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very nice! I too noticed this new IC a few days ago. Did you just go with the IC or did you get the IC/Tuner package?

Reactions
Very nice! I too noticed this new IC a few days ago. Did you just go with the IC or did you get the IC/Tuner package?
Went with the X4 package deal - through a Steeda vendor with a discount, it was $1200. A no-brainer. Despite the critics of the SCT canned tunes, it really has a great kick and should be even better when I get around to installing the intercooler. Plus, a custom tune from any number of sources can be added later if I so desire.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very nice! Congrats!