Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New IC from STEEDA

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I saw their post on IG. If you look at it, it's just a rebranded CVFab intercooler. It's cheaper buying through CVFab with their forum discount.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
that actually looks like a whipple rebranded not CV. that price isnt that bad tbh... thats what i spent with Mishimoto on Ebay when they first came out. I chose Mishi just cause they are shipped from california and the price was best at te time.

Reactions
Definitely looks like a whipple rebranded. Saving $300 is sooooo enticing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
that actually looks like a whipple rebranded not CV. that price isnt that bad tbh... thats what i spent with Mishimoto on Ebay when they first came out. I chose Mishi just cause they are shipped from california and the price was best at te time.
Agree with the rebranded Whipple. Specs are identical 214/259. For a while, Steeda was selling WIC through their website. Mounting hardware looks the same. Regardless, very attrictive price for a WIC no matter who's name is on it.

Reactions
Mine arrived the other day - very nice, built like a tank. Definitely not a Whipple, but the instructions from them will be perfect for the install, however. On another note, the package from Steeda with an SCT tuner is a great deal, especially with some of the vendor discounts.

AE8A1B1E-A455-4F6E-8146-8B3C9FFA08A4.jpeg F64CC407-B5B4-4F56-8D0C-C5347F85623C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very nice! I too noticed this new IC a few days ago. Did you just go with the IC or did you get the IC/Tuner package?

Reactions
Very nice! I too noticed this new IC a few days ago. Did you just go with the IC or did you get the IC/Tuner package?
Went with the X4 package deal - through a Steeda vendor with a discount, it was $1200. A no-brainer. Despite the critics of the SCT canned tunes, it really has a great kick and should be even better when I get around to installing the intercooler. Plus, a custom tune from any number of sources can be added later if I so desire.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very nice! Congrats!

Reactions
Knocked this out yesterday as my last project for ‘22. Was also a perfect time to install the black Timberline emblems.

B5660D3C-5DB9-4F5A-9FE1-9BF62F7B3DA0.jpeg EFB835D8-4DF7-4EC6-B3CD-E023C28BCF8A.jpeg

Reactions
The colder plugs finally rolled in courtesy of Levittown Ford, but will probably wait until spring to make the swap. With the intercooler and canned 93 Octane tune, still a fantastic jump in performance.
98B581E8-1DAF-49C7-82E0-065B16D6393E.jpeg

OP
V
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
The colder plugs finally rolled in courtesy of Levittown Ford, but will probably wait until spring to make the swap. With the intercooler and canned 93 Octane tune, still a fantastic jump in performance.
View attachment 15650
when should 1 consider running these? After what mods and tune? THX

Reactions
when should 1 consider running these? After what mods and tune? THX
If you are tuned you should consider putting them in. If you are tuned on e50, you should put them in tomorrow.

OP
V
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Thanks. Not tuned yet. Finishing up all the bolt-ons right now but a ZFG tune is definitely in my future. Hard to find 93 up North and no 85 here so probably go with 91 or auto

Reactions
The AO tune from Gearhead has had lots of good reviews. Decided to pick it up from them even though the SCT canned 93 tune isn’t too shabby. They are also fine with towing which is something many tuners don’t recommend (and didn’t want to hassle with re-flashes every time I hooked up my boat).

Reactions
I’m sure you’ll like it. I have a GearHead AO tune, Unleashed 94 octane tune, BoostKing 91 and 94 tunes. The Gearhead AO tune is within a tenth of the dedicated octane tunes, but has a much mellower feel unless you’re really on it.

I like the sportier feel of the BK tune and Brett is one of the best to work with IMO.

Reactions
Looking forward to it, especially since I understand Matt does nice work with the transmission. I have zero interest in racing, so trying to wring out every tenth of a second wasn’t on my radar. Easy to keep using the X4 as well. Otherwise, I’ve really had no gripes with the canned tune, but was interested in tweaks to the shifts, which they leave out.

Reactions
Looking forward to it, especially since I understand Matt does nice work with the transmission. I have zero interest in racing, so trying to wring out every tenth of a second wasn’t on my radar. Easy to keep using the X4 as well. Otherwise, I’ve really had no gripes with the canned tune, but was interested in tweaks to the shifts, which they leave out.
Awesome, the calibrator that made the Canned SCT tunes for The ‘20-‘21’s really knows his stuff. I’m not sure if they carried over his tune to the ‘23’s after his departure from SCT though.

Reactions
Was definitely pleasantly surprised with it, but looking forward to GH’s tweaks for comparison. Saw no need to spend a ton of money on this since the X4 was almost a freebie after the discount I received on the intercooler.