Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Gibson axle-back kit in the works

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
That makes no sense and it seems odd. Will obviously have to take a look at mine when they eventually come in. I looked at the installation instructions again and I can’t really tell.
Trust me I agree. I had a cat back on my silverado and couldn’t believe it when I tried to put it in. Gibson made good by it and said it must of been a manufacturer error when making the pipes and had similar complaints. Who knows, who cares, it’s on there now

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Trust me I agree. I had a cat back on my silverado and couldn’t believe it when I tried to put it in. Gibson made good by it and said it must of been a manufacturer error when making the pipes and had similar complaints. Who knows, who cares, it’s on there now
Yeah true, enjoy! If you get bored, I always enjoy listening to sound clips lol

Reactions
This and the AFE are on my list of potential upgrades. To the members with this installed, is there drone in the 65-75mph range?
You definitely can't go wrong with the aFe system. Fantastic quality and no drone.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You definitely can't go wrong with the aFe system. Fantastic quality and no drone.
The afe catback was also my other system I was looking at. Just couldn’t justify the extra $1000 for basically the same experience.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I have a rattle coming from somewhere. Can’t tell if it’s those shitty flex pipes they put on or the exhaust. I also have zero idea how to post a video

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have a rattle coming from somewhere. Can’t tell if it’s those shitty flex pipes they put on or the exhaust. I also have zero idea how to post a video
Usually just upload to either YouTube and post that link or post a google photos link.

But you guys are making me nervous lol I have zero issues with my exhaust right now and I’m afraid to cause any issues.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Usually just upload to either YouTube and post that link or post a google photos link.

But you guys are making me nervous lol I have zero issues with my exhaust right now and I’m afraid to cause any issues.
I just have really shitty luck with cars. Don’t be nervous, I guarantee yours will be fine.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got an update my order just shipped and should arrive on 5/4. :D
When did you place your order? I’m still waiting on mine to ship smh….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
When did you place your order? I’m still waiting on mine to shop smh….

Me too…me too. Ugh

Reactions
When did you place your order? I’m still waiting on mine to shop smh….

I placed it on the 17th and they said it was on order from the manufacturer and would possibly ship on 5/13 so I am ecstatic that it is coming earlier.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I placed it on the 17th and they said it was on order from the manufacturer and would possibly ship on 5/13 so I am ecstatic that it is coming earlier.
Damn, lucky. I placed mine on the 19th so I hope they somehow ship mine before 05/05.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone order theirs on the 19th and had theirs shipped yet?

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I ordered mine on the 21st and it was delivered on the 26th. I mentioned before that I ordered stainless tips. If you ordered Black tips, like the majority of people, I'm guessing there is heavier demand and there may be supply issues.

That being said, I installed mine on Thursday last week but it's been rainy and snowy and I haven't taken pics. The install went great. Took about 45 minutes start to finish. The stainless tips have several visual defects in the way of pitting, incomplete polishing and crooked cuts. You can't see any of it from 5 feet away but if you get up close, you can see them. The sound is great. Drove about 400 miles this weekend, mostly highway, and I did not experience any drone. Fairly quiet while cruising and a nice growl when you floor it. I'm happy with the purchase for the price. I'll likely change out the tips soon.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ordered mine on the 21st and it was delivered on the 26th. I mentioned before that I ordered stainless tips. If you ordered Black tips, like the majority of people, I'm guessing there is heavier demand and there may be supply issues.

That being said, I installed mine on Thursday last week but it's been rainy and snowy and I haven't taken pics. The install went great. Took about 45 minutes start to finish. The stainless tips have several visual defects in the way of pitting, incomplete polishing and crooked cuts. You can't see any of it from 5 feet away but if you get up close, you can see them. The sound is great. Drove about 400 miles this weekend, mostly highway, and I did not experience any drone. Fairly quiet while cruising and a nice growl when you floor it. I'm happy with the purchase for the price. I'll likely change out the tips soon.
Nice, good to know you like the setup. I definitely ordered black tips so that's why it's taking much longer than I expected but I hope they ship it out sooner than later.... The wait is just too much.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just got an update from AutoAnything…. Shop date has been pushed back to 05/10/22

Damn it….

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just got an update from AutoAnything…. Shop date has been pushed back to 05/10/22

Damn it….

Mine is still sitting at 5/12 ship date. And I received that update about a week or two ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well, AutoAnything hasn't been updated YET but I did see on my FedEx account that the shipping label has been created and the item is set to be delivered this Saturday.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well, AutoAnything hasn't been updated YET but I did see on my FedEx account that the shipping label has been created and the item is set to be delivered this Saturday.
Did you see that under manage my deliveries? Not seeing anything on my end from fedex. And still nothing from auto anything.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did you see that under manage my deliveries? Not seeing anything on my end from fedex. And still nothing from auto anything.
I’m using the app (iOS) and I can see anything being delivered to me and Gibson Performance Corp just came up a few hours ago with a delivery date of Saturday.

Didn’t get an email or nothing, just randomly checked my FedEx since I’m also expecting my aFe intake this week from Lethal Performance.