Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Gibson axle-back kit in the works

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m using the app (iOS) and I can see anything being delivered to me and Gibson Performance Corp just came up a few hours ago with a delivery date of Saturday.

Didn’t get an email or nothing, just randomly checked my FedEx since I’m also expecting my aFe intake this week from Lethal Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Yeah nothing from my end. Even tried chatting them. I think because it’s coming from Gibson themselves they don’t have much info.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Gotcha. Yeah nothing from my end. Even tried chatting them. I think because it’s coming from Gibson themselves they don’t have much info.
Yeah it is, it'll come straight from Gibson. AutoAnything is just the middle-man taking the order and getting a cut. I'm just glad Mine is finally shipping lol

UPDATE

Just got an email from AutoAnything and sure enough it confirms it, my order has been shipped.

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah it is, it'll come straight from Gibson. AutoAnything is just the middle-man taking the order and getting a cut. I'm just glad Mine is finally shipping lol

UPDATE

Just got an email from AutoAnything and sure enough it confirms it, my order has been shipped.
Lucky! That’s awesome though. You can let me know how the install goes. Remind me again when you ordered? I’m pretty sure we ordered within a day of each other. I’m hoping I’m not waiting till the 12th.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Lucky! That’s awesome though. You can let me know how the install goes. Remind me again when you ordered? I’m pretty sure we ordered within a day of each other. I’m hoping I’m not waiting till the 12th.
Ordered mine on 04/19 and install should be pretty straight forward but I'm still taking it to the shop lol

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ordered mine on 04/19 and install should be pretty straight forward but I'm still taking it to the shop lol
Damn I actually ordered before you on 4/17.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Damn I actually ordered before you on 4/17.
Damn… that sucks man, I’d contact AutoAnything again for an update.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Damn… that sucks man, I’d contact AutoAnything again for an update.

Just chatted them. They think maybe different fulfillment center? Who knows. They sent out a status update request. I guess from Gibson. So we’ll see what they say. I live in Maryland. What about you?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just chatted them. They think maybe different fulfillment center? Who knows. They sent out a status update request. I guess from Gibson. So we’ll see what they say. I live in Maryland. What about you?
MN, Gibson will be shipping from CA.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
MN, Gibson will be shipping from CA.

Yeah..I don’t know. We’ll see. Still nothing from them.

Reactions
Got my order yesterday. My buddy is going to help me install them he has a lift in his pole barn IMG_20220505_152518.jpg IMG_20220505_152411.jpg but he will be on vacation until June. I waited this long I can wait a little longer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got my order yesterday. My buddy is going to help me install them he has a lift in his pole barn View attachment 12086 View attachment 12087 but he will be on vacation until June. I waited this long I can wait a little longer.
Oh man, I wouldn't be able to wait a whole damn month LOL

Just hit up a local shop and have them put it in!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ll take yours then and you can have mine when it comes in haha

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It shipped!! Now I really gotta decide about installing myself vs shop. I don’t have a shop so not good relationship. But when you call, do you just ask how much to install an axleback exhaust? Not sure how business these exhausts shops get as elective jobs vs other needed jobs.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It shipped!! Now I really gotta decide about installing myself vs shop. I don’t have a shop so not good relationship. But when you call, do you just ask how much to install an axleback exhaust? Not sure how business these exhausts shops get as elective jobs vs other needed jobs.
I would Google bel air md exhaust shop. Just a quick look you have a number a shops with great reviews. You could try calling a couple and see what they say. Good luck.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would Google bel air md exhaust shop. Just a quick look you have a number a shops with great reviews. You could try calling a couple and see what they say. Good luck.
Thanks will do that tomorrow. It’s funny the one shop my family takes all their cars to showed up. I had no idea they did exhaust work but I guess it’s a regular mechanic shop so not that surprising. Will give them a call.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got mine installed today, welded on. Painted it flat black with VHT Flamethrower.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Got mine installed today, welded on. Painted it flat black with VHT Flamethrower.

Why did you paint? Did you get chrome tips? First impressions? Video sounds good. Actually saw it browsing YouTube lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Why did you paint? Did you get chrome tips? First impressions? Video sounds good. Actually saw it browsing YouTube lol
Yes I painted it with VHT Flamethrower flat black and no I bought the black tips. I just painted the pipes/mufflers. Looks better in all black in my opinion.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes I painted it with VHT Flamethrower flat black and no I bought the black tips. I just painted the pipes/mufflers. Looks better in all black in my opinion.

Ok gotcha. Makes sense. How’s the sound overall to you? We listen to all these videos and I’m just curious how real life compares.