Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Reactions
Having had the opportunity to ride shotgun in one, all I can say is "I'm glad it ain't me!" having to do a full 10 x 5. I'll simply have to suffer with my ST. :ROFLMAO:

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #42
JohnE wrote about the Remote Start...

"...rear defogger; it just comes on based on temp"

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #43
We should start a DMV ST Owner's Club!
How's that coming along?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #44
This thread got almost 1700 views! How are we not keeping this thread going?

I discovered the AUTO STEERING during ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL will disable itself until the next key cycle if used on narrow country roads too often. I'm guessing the program thinks it isn't safe and the driver is abusing the programming? IDK why.

Did anyone find anything else?

LokiWolf

Reactions
ive read the 2020 interceptor model is going to have 1 extra horse, but over 200 extra torques since its a hybird model. so their 0-60 is going to significantly quicker.
Hybrid is an option and not standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
This is a feature I became aware of immediately. I love that I can leave one open for shopping bags and the other flat and carpeted for a clean look to hide stuff. The center lid panel is also reversible and can be stowed at the bottom of the large center compartment for deeper trunk floor and eliminates the hidden compartments. So essentially you can remove all 3 panels and have a deep wide cargo area.

Reactions
If you were annoyed that there can only be 12 preset audio stations (2 groups of 6), then, like me, you were wrong. You can program up to like 30 presets by going into settings>xm radio>presets. Just found that out today after a month+ owning. Maybe ya'll knew. I did not. Excited.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #49
If you were annoyed that there can only be 12 preset audio stations (2 groups of 6), then, like me, you were wrong. You can program up to like 30 presets by going into settings>xm radio>presets. Just found that out today after a month+ owning. Maybe ya'll knew. I did not. Excited.
That's a nice find. I'm quite the opposite. I know of up to 6 stations that I'm willing to listen. When I had my dodge, you had to select 12 stations. I ended up repeating the same 6 stations on the other 6.

Reactions
But, I think all those presets are for all presets, ie. FM, AM, and Sirius. I don't think it is just for Sirius.

Reactions
But, I think all those presets are for all presets, ie. FM, AM, and Sirius. I don't think it is just for Sirius.
You're right, they work for all frequencies, but I mostly listen to XM, so I filled 23 presets and one FM for a morning talk show.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #52
You're right, they work for all frequencies, but I mostly listen to XM, so I filled 23 presets and one FM for a morning talk show.
Do you find XM still has commercials though? What are we paying for?

hbalek

Reactions
Music stations do not have commercials. Talk radio stations do have commercials but I never listen to those anymore.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #54
Music stations do not have commercials. Talk radio stations do have commercials but I never listen to those anymore.
Maybe they have commercials on music stations when you are getting XM for free the first 3 months. There were plenty of commercials on mine. Along with the Talk stations, Comedy stations have too many commercials.

hbalek

Reactions
Free trial shouldn't add commercials. It must be the specific stations you listen to. I listen to XMU, AltNation, Verge, Spectrum, Pulse and some other music stations and none ever have commercials. I know CNN and other news networks have plenty of commercials but that's because they are cable TV feeds.

Reactions
The only times there are interruptions in the music is when the DJ comes in and says their little spiel. I have never heard of an actual advertisement... like for hammers or McDonald's.

Reactions
I have been a subscriber of satellite radio for almost 20 years. In that time I have heard commercials on a few music stations but so few that they don’t bother me. What I like the most is that you can listen to one channel across the entire country if that’s your bag. I hate flipping through the radio dial every 30 -45 minutes to find another station that was in range that you liked.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #58
Thank you for everyone's feedback. Maybe I've gotten too used to Pandora. Where there are no DJ spiels nor advertisements for upcoming events happening on that station. Perhaps I'm getting too used to not hearing interruptions.

Maybe I'm like my son whom saw regular television for the first time at his grandparents house. BTW, we are a streaming media house (Neftlix, Amazon Prime, etc). When he saw a commercial, he thought someone changed the station and started crying. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #59
This may be more of a SAFETY feature, but when driving about 25 mph, I thought I was switching into SPORT mode. My dash starting sending me errors & alerts because 'I was spinning the wrong knob'! With 2 knobs are near one another, I'm certain this will not be the first time. The light on the knob went to R but I kept driving forward. I quickly turned it back to D. Luckily, the car did not slam into reverse (thank goodness). Just thought you know encase you accidentally do this yourself!

Reactions
This may be more of a SAFETY feature, but when driving about 25 mph, I thought I was switching into SPORT mode. My dash starting sending me errors & alerts because 'I was spinning the wrong knob'! With 2 knobs are near one another, I'm certain this will not be the first time. The light on the knob went to R but I kept driving forward. I quickly turned it back to D. Luckily, the car did not slam into reverse (thank goodness). Just thought you know encase you accidentally do this yourself!
Did this the first time I drove her and put her into neutral doing 65 on the highway.

Won’t make that mistake again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk