Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

hbalek

Reactions
Should do the same thing when you open the door while stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All push button (Lincoln) and rotary shifter Ford transmissions do this for safety reasons since 2013.

Reactions
How long do you have to hold the button? Nothing happens on mine when I try this, it just starts up in the usual manner.
Ignore my last question, I got it to work, but most of the info is in what I assume is hex, or Greek lol.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hold the button while you start it and keep holding it. It’s the Engineering Test Mode.
On my F150 it was the only way to get to a Speedo that would read over 120. It read at least as high as 174 before I bailed one night. lol

Reactions
Hold the button while you start it and keep holding it. It’s the Engineering Test Mode.
On my F150 it was the only way to get to a Speedo that would read over 120. It read at least as high as 174 before I bailed one night. lol
WOAH! 174? i've only been up to 140 some, and that was pretty crazy, I can't imagine another 30mph...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
WOAH! 174? i've only been up to 140 some, and that was pretty crazy, I can't imagine another 30mph...
That was right at the shift into 5th. Still had plenty of steam. Had the power to run 200+...probably not the aero though.

Reactions
That was right at the shift into 5th. Still had plenty of steam. Had the power to run 200+...probably not the aero though.
If it did shift into 5th, my bet is it would have lost steam. 174 with the aero of a truck is insane. I’m wondering now about the driver lol!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If it did shift into 5th, my bet is it would have lost steam. 174 with the aero of a truck is insane. I’m wondering now about the driver lol!
800+ at the tire...it wasn’t losing any steam. lol
I have friends that GPS’d over 180

Marc

Reactions
F r
Not sure if anyone mentioned this. When you turn on Intelligent Cruise Control, if you press Resume rather than set, the speed is automatically set to maintain the actual speed limit +/- your preferred tolerance. Love this!
I can't get this to work.

hbalek

Reactions
F r

I can't get this to work.
Make sure you have intelligence cruise control turned on in the vehicle settings on the center touchscreen menus. I believe there are 3 cruise control settings: Regular, Adaptive and Intelligent.

Bamarider

Reactions
one thing i finally found. there is a button on the dash near the emergency lights that activates the front camera so you can pull the nose up to something and not hit it.
I recently discovered this gem too. It makes pulling into the garage a lot easier.
Nice feature, I used that today.

Marc

Reactions
Make sure you have intelligence cruise control turned on in the vehicle settings on the center touchscreen menus. I believe there are 3 cruise control settings: Regular, Adaptive and Intelligent.
Thank you!

Reactions
Not ST specific...

In the previous generation Explorer, it was nice that the owner's manual booklet had a shelf inside the glove box to keep stashed. I thought it was odd that the new generation glovebox had a shelf/slot on the door (back right), but no way to secure the booklet. Turns out there was a clip there up until January '20 production to hold the booklet in place so it's easy to keep the glovebox a bit more organized...

Explorer glove box clip.jpg

ford-explorer-glove-box-open.png

Last edited:
Reactions
My previous car 17 Fusion sport I was able to roll the windows up/down using the key fob (Lock/unlock) button.

Just found out the explorer only does down?

Reactions
Notice the high output LED light bar in the first picture ? That is a custom design developed for the installers. The ends clamp to the upper part of the door frame. People would be amazed at the amount of specialized wiring that goes into a PIU or, any other LEA vehicle. These pictures are the inside of a new FT Worth, TX PIU. At last count, there are 20 in various stages of electronics and other exterior modifications at the skunk works. The units for the US Marshals and the Secret Service are a work of art.
You should see Diplomatic Security suburbans, especially high-threat that have electronic countermeasures, LRAD, HVAC cutoff, ABS cutoff, airbag cutoff, cabin over-pressurization, etc. Oh, and they are armored. A tech once told me there can be up to 2.5 miles of extra wiring between lights, radios and all the other gear.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #96
My previous car 17 Fusion sport I was able to roll the windows up/down using the key fob (Lock/unlock) button.

Just found out the explorer only does down?

It's a real pain sometimes. I drop the windows to get the heat out of the car when I walk up. But a couple times, I had to go back to get something I forgot. Leaving me to roll them back up (not using the key fob). :mad:

It would be nice if it were all the windows & sunroof.

Reactions
It's a real pain sometimes. I drop the windows to get the heat out of the car when I walk up. But a couple times, I had to go back to get something I forgot. Leaving me to roll them back up (not using the key fob). :mad:

Ford definitely dropped the ball there. Not sure why...

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions

can that be changed with FORScan?

Reactions
can that be changed with FORScan?
If anyone figures this out please share... this is a very convenient feature.

Reactions
Is it me or the rear windows not one touch up/down like the fronts ?