Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

More goodies: FenFabrication Cold air intake and IC Piping

Reactions
I told him I would expect there to be interest here so I believe he is. Not sure how many people would be interested in just intake vs intake and ic piping. A lot of people seem to do tune and whipple ic together so maybe both.

Can you do a survey on here? Feel free to send me a message or reply here if you’d be interested in a) ic piping b) intake or c) both so i can pass along to him?
Hello C please!
how is it coming along? Have you gotten on the Dino yet? If so what’s the numbers look like?

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #102
Hello C please!
how is it coming along? Have you gotten on the Dino yet? If so what’s the numbers look like?
Final testing this morning, if all good then it all heads into powdercoat and he will jig the parts so he can produce easily for others.

I finally scheduled a dyno appointment but the closest time at my local place was 7 weeks out so I'm calling around trying to find something sooner.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #103
Final testing done, no error codes, all good. Powdercoat time later today.

Reactions
Final testing this morning, if all good then it all heads into powdercoat and he will jig the parts so he can produce easily for others.

I finally scheduled a dyno appointment but the closest time at my local place was 7 weeks out so I'm calling around trying to find something sooner.
Try Boost Controlled Performance. My brothers friends shop. They've built quite the rep in the area.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #105
Try Boost Controlled Performance. My brothers friends shop. They've built quite the rep in the area.
That was one of the places I reached out to! No response yet but it was only this morning that I reached out.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #106
They replied and said they aren't offering dyno services right now because of COVID.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If you didn’t know what you were looking for you wouldn’t know it wasn’t OE.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #117
Wow! Unreal, clean work.

Think I'm in your neck of the woods at Atwater. Next time I'm here I'll message you for a beer.
definitely I’m down! I’m in GP Woods

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #120
Got it back - oh man does it sound amazing! So much more turbo, so much more growl from engine, and the bov sound is great. It’s a longer higher pitched sound - best I can explain is it sounds more like a Supra but not over top import. The BOV that all the Supra’s have is the HKS SQV. I have the turbo smart race port. There’s snow on ground AGAIN so I just spun the tires trying to do 0-60 runs so will have to wait for dry roads to test.

Going to dyno in next few weeks. I did some logs on way home running my old tune so obviously I have to get a new one to take advantage of all the new airflow. I’m pushing 37psi at peak and turbo airflow 56.04 lb/min. Based on the below which I’ve found on a few sites that should be 532-588hp estimated at flywheel - I’m guessing low 500s to wheels but will know for sure in a bit.

As a very general rule, turbocharged gasoline engines will generate 9.5-10.5 horsepower (as measured at the flywheel) for each lb/min of airflow. So, an engine with a target peak horsepower of 400 Hp will require 36-44 lb/min of airflow to achieve that target.

Last edited: