Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Missing Parts

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There will be zero performance difference. I just want it to clean up the view from the rear.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
All you can do is point it out and ask. They can check the build sheet. I called Ford customer service and they said they were aware of the problem. They gave me a case number and told me to call the dealership sales manager and give them the case #. But with all the covid stuff going on and factoring my time, I said to hell with it--I'll get it myself. I just ordered the parts from Levittown Ford with free shipping code (fs2020). Took about 3 weeks to arrive and takes 15 min to install. I forget off hand but it's not that expensive.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Crazy. Mine is missing those two items also. I wonder if any Ford dealer would ship them or do I have to go to the one that sold it to me (which I am not anywhere near).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Crazy. Mine is missing those two items also. I wonder if any Ford dealer would ship them or do I have to go to the one that sold it to me (which I am not anywhere near).

You can simply buy them yourself as well. Any Ford dealership can get the parts.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The cost for the Strut insulator, rear deflector and tow eye hook came to $173 shipped. I figure if I had the dealer replace it, I would have to bring the car in to show what parts are missing. Then bring it in when parts are available, and then wait or come back to pick it up. Just not worth the aggravation so I bought them and spent 15 minutes installing them. I bought my car last July so it is also not a given that these parts would be provided and installed for free. In fact, a few owners have reported that the dealer balked or would only supply the parts but not labor.

Last edited:
Reactions
This is the final parts list--do not trust any Ford parts diagram:

L1MZ-7811778-A Under Cover
W714040-S300 Wheelhouse Liner Rivet (qty 2)
W715060-S450B Screw And Washer, 4.2 x 25mm (qty 4)
That's so true ................ My 3 yr old grandson is more accurate on his etch-a sketch. ;)

Reactions
If one has the tow pkg, the tow eye is useless.

Reactions
Just called my dealer as I am missing the rear wind and strut insulator. I’m curious because at highway speed 65-75 I hear a flapping / rattling from driver side wheel well and I wonder if it’s because it’s not riveted in properly or something or if the strut insulation has something to do with it

GTP

Reactions
We just did the ST SUV Experience yesterday. None of the dozen or so Explorers had the rear diffuser installed.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Even if you have to buy the rear cover it’s worth it on looks alone. It cleans up the rear a lot.

GTP

Reactions
I hear ya. But I kinda like seeing the diff cover and bolts.

I went back to page 1 to see a photo of the deflector. Seems like a felt sound isolator?

Besides some aftermarket company will come out with a techno diffuser for under the bumper soon enough.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s the same material as the rest of the belly pans under there.

Reactions
Even if you have to buy the rear cover it’s worth it on looks alone. It cleans up the rear a lot.
I agree I’m looking forward to getting it next week.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Follow up to an old thread, has anyone ever looked into an aftermarket diffuser for the underside?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine didn't come with the wind deflector, tower insulator, or tow hook. I bought the tow hook and ask about the wind defector and my parts dealer advised the ST didn't come with that part. It would be nice to know if that is BS.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine didn't come with the wind deflector, tower insulator, or tow hook. I bought the tow hook and ask about the wind defector and my parts dealer advised the ST didn't come with that part. It would be nice to know if that is BS.
My 2020 ST was missing those same parts. My dealer supplied and instated the rear deflector and tower insulator at no charge.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Sorry I’m late to the party. But it does look like parts are missing from the back end of the 2020 Ford Explorer undercarriage.

Do you have part #s specified to bring into the dealership to ask why they were not installed? I’ve always thought it looked screwy.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sorry, I don't have the part numbers. Didn't get any paper work on it.