Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Missing Parts

Buckles

Reactions
I’ve seen several threads/posts on other forums about STs missing parts.
There are 3 items that most STs were delivered without.
A strut insulation cover under the hood, a rear wind deflector, and the front tow bolt.

Just curious how many here are also missing these parts.

Attachments

Wing42

Reactions
I don't have the tow hook... going to check for the other two now.

I do not have the other two either.

Last edited:
Reactions
Not all come with the towing eye. Pop the front cover where it installs - if there is not a spot to thread it in, that’s your answer. The parts department at my selling dealership printed out the HVBoM for me, which also indicated “Less towing hooks”, both front and rear. The owners manual states that they are included based on regional requirements, or something to that effect.

Buckles

Reactions
Not all come with the towing eye. Pop the front cover where it installs - if there is not a spot to thread it in, that’s your answer. The parts department at my selling dealership printed out the HVBoM for me, which also indicated “Less towing hooks”, both front and rear. The owners manual states that they are included based on regional requirements, or something to that effect.
Interesting.
What region are you in?

Reactions
Interesting.
What region are you in?
South of Detroit by a couple hours. Interestingly, my previous '14 Explorer Sport (built for the same region) had a towing eye unlike this one. Not sure of the justification, but not worried about it in this case.