Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Missing Parts

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Last edited:
Reactions
I just noticed my 2020 is missing the air deflector, dealership basically told me tough sh*t since I got it 2 years ago.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just noticed my 2020 is missing the air deflector, dealership basically told me tough sh*t since I got it 2 years ago.
What air deflector are you referring to?

Reactions
What air deflector are you referring to?
The rear one underneath the car under the trunk. I never cared because it was a lease, now I'm buying it and looked when I did the exhaust .

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The rear "deflector" went away on the late 2020's and beyond.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The rear "deflector" went away on the late 2020's and beyond.
I bought mine in Feb 2020 and it didn't have it. Brought it up at the time and got it. After 2 years not much chance. Really can't blame the dealer.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I bought mine in Feb 2020 and it didn't have it. Brought it up at the time and got it. After 2 years not much chance. Really can't blame the dealer.
Do you have a picture? I have not seen one on an ST yet.
Anyone know how much they cost?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I'm surprised Ford hasn't decided to include this piece in the broken bolt recall. It won't stop the bolt from breaking anymore than the software update will but at least you won't be able to see the problem. :LOL:

KegsBdry

Reactions
Does anyone know if this OEM air deflector would work with an aftermarket exhaust? Borla would have sized the mufflers and piping to fit everything in the undercarriage, right?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
One would think. Have Borla and very happy, I have no deflector and mufflers are smaller than OEM.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i would not assume the deflector works with aftermarket exhausts. There is a lot of room back there that an aftermarket exhaust might deviate from the stock piping path. I doubt their test STs had the deflectors.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
i would not assume the deflector works with aftermarket exhausts. There is a lot of room back there that an aftermarket exhaust might deviate from the stock piping path. I doubt their test STs had the deflectors.
Looking at their installation guide it looks like their model had the deflector.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Looking at their installation guide it looks like their model had the deflector.
After reviewing thank God my first screenshot pic that I never reviewed did not show the other webpages I have been on. You guys are lucky.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Good catch. What brand is that as I can't tell from the pictures.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thank you for the research! I had no idea they took pics of the process. Great job!

KegsBdry

Reactions
Vehicle is in the shop for a number of issues, bad sensor. Asked dealership if the air deflector could be included in the repair.

We will find out next week. IDK

KegsBdry

Reactions
Ford dealership included the air deflector after all. The ST was in the shop for a replacement speed sensor and they were very kind to include the air deflector part in the warranty. It is an OEM part for the 2020 ford explorer ST. But the service manager mentioned it could not be found when searched as an included part. The OEM part link sent to the dealership shows it does go on the 2020 Ford Explorer ST. No idea why it shows up in the database as not included.

It looks way better than it did without one on! The big gap between the mufflers always looked off to me. I love it!!!!

air deflector.jpg