Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Loaded my 5* 93 tune today. Dragy times

Reactions
@ZFGracing, or anyone else with actual experience, what are your thoughts on running E30 on the stock tune as TMac asked above?
Based on reviewing my data logs with the stock tune, I saw timing top out with our “94” octane up here. I couldn’t see any additional timing gained with a e30 blend (I run a e30 blend in my eco truck and know the quality of the E85).

Our 94 here provides the equivalent timing that the 92 in Washington state provides when O did testing with my truck. Just to give you an idea on comparison. So if you have 93 in your area, I honestly think that’s the “cap” from a performance perspective. Having said that, mixing 87 with a mild ethanol mix like e30 may get you the same performance at a lowers overall cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Based on reviewing my data logs with the stock tune, I saw timing top out with our “94” octane up here. I couldn’t see any additional timing gained with a e30 blend (I run a e30 blend in my eco truck and know the quality of the E85).

Our 94 here provides the equivalent timing that the 92 in Washington state provides when O did testing with my truck. Just to give you an idea on comparison. So if you have 93 in your area, I honestly think that’s the “cap” from a performance perspective. Having said that, mixing 87 with a mild ethanol mix like e30 may get you the same performance at a lowers overall cost.

Who's tune are you running. Capped out is relative to who is doing the tuning. If you weren't at MBT timing you weren't Capped out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #63
Who's tune are you running. Capped out is relative to who is doing the tuning. If you weren't at MBT timing you weren't Capped out.

Hey Adam, I sent the baseline 3rd gear pull back. Hope I did that right. Took a few tries.

Even in this base line tune, my transmission feels SO MUCH better.

Can't wait to see a refined tune on here.

Oh and FYI the Auto Start Stop is still active.

Thanks again.

Reactions
Hey Adam, I sent the baseline 3rd gear pull back. Hope I did that right. Took a few tries.

Even in this base line tune, my transmission feels SO MUCH better.

Can't wait to see a refined tune on here.

Oh and FYI the Auto Start Stop is still active.

Thanks again.
My transmission was shifting hard into 3rd and Adam was able to fix it after I sent one log to him. His tunes are the best around and his customer service is great.
I'm sure you've noticed his baseline tune is far superior to five stars finished product.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions

This is based on logging the stock tune.

I have my own custom tune, a couple from Torrie and a couple from Brett. I’m going to have to wait until spring now before working with Matt on a tune. Everyone definitely seems to have a different approach, that’s for sure.