Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Loaded my 5* 93 tune today. Dragy times

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Got my tunes back today. Put the 93 performance tune in. I have 93 with VP octanium booster in the tank and have ran a 1/4 tank of it through the last few days. After about 10 miles and 1 hard launch it really started to come alive.
No issues with the shifting. In fact it feels better than stock for normal relaxed driving in normal or eco mode. Sport is aggressive for sure.

Here are a few pics from Draggy. I don't have any stock runs yet. Some day when I take it in for service I'll load the stock file back up and do some runs.

What do you guys thinks of these times? Right now all I have is a KN drop in filter. Other parts are in order. I'm still figuring this Dragy out.

Screenshot_20211020-194453_dragy.jpg Screenshot_20211020-194445_dragy.jpg

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Oh and in sport mode under WOT there has been no shift issues whatsoever. Thank God!

Reactions
Got my tunes back today. Put the 93 performance tune in. I have 93 with VP octanium booster in the tank and have ran a 1/4 tank of it through the last few days. After about 10 miles and 1 hard launch it really started to come alive.
No issues with the shifting. In fact it feels better than stock for normal relaxed driving in normal or eco mode. Sport is aggressive for sure.

Here are a few pics from Draggy. I don't have any stock runs yet. Some day when I take it in for service I'll load the stock file back up and do some runs.

What do you guys thinks of these times? Right now all I have is a KN drop in filter. Other parts are in order. I'm still figuring this Dragy out.

View attachment 8174 View attachment 8175
The first tune I got was a 93 octane tune from 5star. They put all the power down low and it tends to fall off above 4500 rpm. After I put the intercooler on it and had it revised it wasn't much faster. I finally ended up with zfg and the power is so much more linear. I get 0-60 times of 4 seconds now. I had to eat the money I spent with five star. You've spent 600 bucks to go from a stock time of 5.3 to 4.9. It really aggravated me when I saw it for myself. Talk with them and see if they can offer some more tuning. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
Bring up and screen shot the detail page. That will show us the DA, and slope.

Honestly that is slow. Especially with an Octane booster in the tank.

My best 0-60 and 1/4 on ZFG 93, stock everything, Pump 93(E10) with no additives:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Took me a min to figure out how. But here they are.

Screenshot_20211020-202747_dragy.jpg Screenshot_20211020-202732_dragy.jpg Screenshot_20211020-202654_dragy.jpg

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I did also have my 16 year old son with me. He is 6ft and 185 lbs. So maybe a 10th there. The nearest e85 station is like 30 miles. I do want to try the e50. I may go try a hard launch tonight. Cooling off nicely.

LokiWolf

Reactions
OK, DA is still a bit high. So cooler air will help.

What is your launch process? The 2nd 1/4 you attached your launch was MUCH better based on your 60ft.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I rarely sugar coat stuff…5 Star sucks…period.
You should be running 4.teens at the worst with a 93 tune. There’s just isn’t any good.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I'm still on stock intercooler for another week or so. So I think the best I'll get is 2 runs before the heat soak kills everything.

I reached out to one very well liked tuner on here. Never heard back. it's a shame cause it was the tune I wanted.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I did also have my 16 year old son with me. He is 6ft and 185 lbs. So maybe a 10th there. The nearest e85 station is like 30 miles. I do want to try the e50. I may go try a hard launch tonight. Cooling off nicely.
I’m running e50. It’s grin inducing and addictive.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm still on stock intercooler for another week or so. So I think the best I'll get is 2 runs before the heat soak kills everything.

I reached out to one very well liked tuner on here. Never heard back. it's a shame cause it was the tune I wanted.
IC won’t change your 0-60 times appreciably. The oem IC holds its own until then. The Whipple will shine after that though.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Did a little better tonight. Lots of wheel spin/hop/screeching. I think it shows in the graph. One sec let me trim the pics. I only did 0 to 60. I'll post the 1/8th miles times for the 60ft number. But inlet out way before the 8th.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Screenshot_20211020-213025_dragy.jpg Screenshot_20211020-212955_dragy.jpg

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I'm not doing anymore 1/4 mile times until I get a radar detector. I'd could lose my job if I get caught 100 mph plus.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
crackhead-drug.gif

Ya"ll got anymore of them go fast parts?

I'm hooked man. How.much do the down pipes make?

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
IC won’t change your 0-60 times appreciably. The oem IC holds its own until then. The Whipple will shine after that though.
I hear ya. That makes sense. I figure it should help a bit with the 1/4 mile and or repeated back to back runs.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I rarely sugar coat stuff…5 Star sucks…period.
You should be running 4.teens at the worst with a 93 tune. There’s just isn’t any good.
Was trying to help the guy make the best of a crappy tune!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions

My numbers above were with EVERYTHING stock except ZFG tune! Stock tires, Stock IC, all stock.

Again, asked above how you are launching. Describe it exactly, including PSI. While it will never be as fast as ZFG, it should be better.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
The earlier runs were me just stomping on the gas.

The later run, I held the brakes until about 2K then hit it.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
My numbers above were with EVERYTHING stock except ZFG tune! Stock tires, Stock IC, all stock.

Again, asked above how you are launching. Describe it exactly, including PSI. While it will never be as fast as ZFG, it should be better.

I have no idea what psi. Are you talking boost or tire pressure? I have no way to monitor boost. I have notnfigured out all the features and data logging with the lap top yet.

I was in sport mode. Auto trans. Brake to about 2k. Traction and stabil track off.

So will downpipes really shine through? Will I feel like it was worth a $1,300 installed. Would be done same time as cooler plugs, Whipple IC and turbosmart bov.