Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

If you want the best....

Reactions
Agreed. The small plastic covers are specific left and right. Also specific with regard to the position. So they unsnap and snap back in very easily as long as the orientation remains the same.

I removed a small retaining piece that takes torx screws. It made getting the larger plastic trim piece off and on easier. It will all be obvious. After the retainer is removed from the inside, you have to pry the front edge of the light assy outward to get the snap to release. Just use your fingers to pull the front end away or if you have fat fingers like me, use a bone tool.

You'll need a socket, 11 or 12 mm a torx driver, #25 I think.

@JohnE is right, 10 minutes per side. Just be careful to not drop the unit against the car.

Reactions
Just did all of these products yesterday. Super easy to swap out the bulbs. Everything works great and bright, but I wish the license plate LEDs were a little brighter. I might go with diode for that one.

Reactions
Anyone able to share a quick video of the amber blinkers? Seriously intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casperek

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
You can also program the fog lights to work as cornering lamps if they're not already on.
Good afternoon, How did you enable the fog lamps to work as cornering lamps. I couldn't find it in Forscan, but I am relatively new. Thanks in advance.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It's selectable option, here's an informative video on FORscan usage - FORScan F150 mods. New easy way with no spreadsheet! - YouTube . Fast forward to ~6 mins. to bypass connecting, etc. The option to use fogs lights as cornering lamps is shown on the screen at 13:00 minutes.

Last edited:

Casperek

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Awesome! Thanks a million. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Have a great week.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I did this to my fog lamps along with disabling the double honk. Love it

Kingcor

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
What lumen did you go with on each bulb? I see there are 3 choices for each bulb, I wonder what the linens are for the stock light?

nvm, I’m dumb
I have the same question.. what was the verdict?

Reactions
Good choice, I did the same and love it. Amber for turn signals, wicked bright reverse, and plate lamps. Not cheap but well worth it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve always replaced the back up lights to leds on my cars. Is the turn signals really worth switching out? I guess it’s just like the back up lights, just makes them brighter so people are more likely to see.

Sweet_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Explorer ST
Thanks for this thread. Saved me a post, anyone confirm If all of these components will work on a 22'.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Does messing with codes void Ford warranties?
not directly, but you can screw things up - and Ford will charge you about $250 to reset to 'as-is' build