Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

If you want the best....

Onrasr

Reactions
I'm sorry to bother you more on this topic, would you mind posting the details of what I need to purchase to convert my lighting as well?

I guess bulb numbers, adapter, whatever else is needed if anything

Thank you

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
I honestly don’t remember the PN’s. No adapters were needed...I turned off the hyper flash with Forscan.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
So the blinker isn’t sped up since the car thinks a bulb is out.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Because Forscan is free and it takes literally 30 seconds. I’m not even sure there is a relay...I think it’s all built into the BCM now.

Reactions
Because Forscan is free and it takes literally 30 seconds. I’m not even sure there is a relay...I think it’s all built into the BCM now.
What lumen did you go with on each bulb? I see there are 3 choices for each bulb, I wonder what the linens are for the stock light?

nvm, I’m dumb

Last edited:
Reactions
Can the app that came with the OBDLink MX+ make the change, or does it have to be ForScan?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
No but you can use that adapter to run Forscan

Reactions
Ok, thanks, can it be the free Android version or do I just buy the Forscan Lite app?
Go on their site and follow the directions on how to load it. It does require Windows and it is free. You’ll need to get what they call an “extended license” to use it. I turned off the double honk for when you walk away from the car while it’s running and hyper blink when I installed LED’s. You actually disable Bulb Out for left and right rear to do that.

Reactions
Go on their site and follow the directions on how to load it. It does require Windows and it is free. You’ll need to get what they call an “extended license” to use it. I turned off the double honk for when you walk away from the car while it’s running and hyper blink when I installed LED’s. You actually disable Bulb Out for left and right rear to do that.
Cool, I'll buy that and put it on one of my laptops, it will be worth it for the double honk alone, I hate that feature. Can you also make it default to Sport mode?

Reactions
Cool, I'll buy that and put it on one of my laptops, it will be worth it for the double honk alone, I hate that feature. Can you also make it default to Sport mode?
No. You also can’t turn off auto stop/start.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #35
Bambi mode leaves the fogs on with high beams...so all 6 lights are on at once. It’s a LOT of light.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Bambi mode leaves the fogs on with high beams...so all 6 lights are on at once. It’s a LOT of light.
You can also program the fog lights to work as cornering lamps if they're not already on.

Reactions

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
is the swap fairly easy? how much time/tools are involved getting the housings off the vehicle and getting access to the bulbs? any pics?

Reactions
i have the same question... how easy is it to swap things out.
Easy. 10 minutes per side. From the inside of the back, there’s a small plastic cover opposite of the light assembly. Pop it off and unscrew the bolt assemply, then pop off the light assembly. Pretty self explanatory once you get into it.