Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I apologize if someone has already answered- Forscan codes for ST?

Blackssr

Reactions
What is a BAMBI mode?
Has anyone found out how to enable the sport dashboard in every mode? Or at least have it automatically start in sport mode. It is such a hassle putting it in sport mode every time I get in the car. It is the only mode I am interested in I don't care about overdrive. On highway drives I'll switch to normal mode.

Blackssr

Reactions
Let me understand this....

Every time....

Someone cuts you or your wife off.........

You call 911...?

Am I understanding this statement correctly.
I wish I could call 911 every time the wife opens her mouth....LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions
I believe it is high beams and fog lamps at the same time?

Has anyone found how to disable that idiotic engine Auto stop start? What imbecile at ford thought that was a good idea? It had to be the same jerk that decided the double honk was a good idea. Either way I disabled the double honk and enabled high beams and fog lights using Forscan but I had to purchase Auto start/stop eliminator because I could not find it in Forscan. Experts please chime in if you did find how to disable that ridiculous engine start/stop with ForScan
There is a place in Forscan to do that but it also turns the USB ports off. And, I’ve also heard it doesn’t work all the time anyway. I did what you did with Forscan and the Auto Stop eliminator. This works fine.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

Has anyone found how to disable that idiotic engine Auto stop start? What imbecile at ford thought that was a good idea? It had to be the same jerk that decided the double honk was a good idea. Either way I disabled the double honk and enabled high beams and fog lights using Forscan but I had to purchase Auto start/stop eliminator because I could not find it in Forscan. Experts please chime in if you did find how to disable that ridiculous engine start/stop with ForScan
idiotic engine Auto stop start >> Probably the person that now sells the Auto start/stop eliminator!!

scottz99

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I'm still looking for a way have the irritating auto stop/start default to off. I would like it to be functional, but only turn on when I decide to turn it on; not when the green new deal people decide I need it.

I don't know what address it is, so I went into plain language and changed "Auto Start Stop" to disable. This did not work well. IIRC, after starting the Explorer, the auto stop start icon was not on; the light on the switch was on and the switch no longer functioned. Driving for a while, it seemed like might have worked; first few stops the engine did not turn off. Then, at the next stop, it turned off.

If I can't get it to default to deactivated (with the option to turn it on), I would choose to just deactivate it permanently. I live in a rural area with very little stop and go traffic; the system has no value to me; just excess wear & tear on my starting system.

Back to the drawing boards.

Reactions
I'm still looking for a way have the irritating auto stop/start default to off. I would like it to be functional, but only turn on when I decide to turn it on; not when the green new deal people decide I need it.

I don't know what address it is, so I went into plain language and changed "Auto Start Stop" to disable. This did not work well. IIRC, after starting the Explorer, the auto stop start icon was not on; the light on the switch was on and the switch no longer functioned. Driving for a while, it seemed like might have worked; first few stops the engine did not turn off. Then, at the next stop, it turned off.

If I can't get it to default to deactivated (with the option to turn it on), I would choose to just deactivate it permanently. I live in a rural area with very little stop and go traffic; the system has no value to me; just excess wear & tear on my starting system.

Auto Stop Start Eliminator. Plugs into your steering wheel harness and it makes the button remember it’s last setting after every ignition cycle.

Blackssr

Reactions

Spend a hundred bucks and purchase engine start stop eliminator. It automatically shuts it when you start the car and remembers what you wanted to do.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Spend a hundred bucks and purchase engine start stop eliminator. It automatically shuts it when you start the car and remembers what you wanted to do.
$100 over using the button/knob? That's a bit much.

$18 to remove double honk, activate Bambi mode, etc with Forscan... because there is no button. Now that seems reasonable.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
$100 over using the button/knob? That's a bit much.

$18 to remove double honk, activate Bambi mode, etc with Forscan... because there is no button. Now that seems reasonable.
That's fine we all put a value on different things. I actually paid $70 for mine with a code. I got enough things to remember when I get in the car.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Liked finding a whole list of things I want to do with FORscan:

Auto-Engine Shutdown Disable
Disable Door Lock Horn Honk
Heated and Cooled Seats Icons on Home and Climate Screens
Show Temps on Gauges

Double Horn Honk Disable
Secure Idle (Police Mode)
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam = BAMBI mode
Panic brake stop lights flash
Does anyone know where the two in bold above are located in forscan?

Reactions

theres no way to disable as of right now, via forscan.
however, give it time and itll disable itself.

they have to do everything they can to meet EPA standards. its not like ford wants to engineer these things, they have to.

Reactions

Where can you buy the forscan?

Reactions
Where can you buy the forscan?
Download it for free. You just have to go through the registration process to allow you to use it. All you need to buy is the OBD2 connector. I did the double honk off, LED turn signals. I bought the Auto Off/Start disabler.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
https://forscan.org/download.html

You'll need a windows PC and I'd recommend the OBDLINK EX cable. After you download the latest version of forscan, get the free 2 month trial of the extended license and register your forscan. You can buy a license after that if you find Forscan useful and want to help out... or you can re-apply for the free trial extended license over and over. I'd watch a few videos on youtube before you do anything and after that, save your AsBuilt data for all the modules or at least any module you plan to modify.

Blackssr

Reactions
ForScan is incredible. It is literally a game changer for the Ford Explorer St or any Ford for that matter. I was glad to pay 20 bucks for 2 years I think or 30 bucks for 2 years I forget which. We need to support these guys.
This is the OBD2 connector I purchased on Amazon. It was a breeze to get working. Windows laptop is definitely the way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N18TOFB/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apap_5KiHyO5uBXjBG

Reactions
I have downloaded it, bought the adapter (actually bought the MX+ and then realized that I needed the EX - wired version - to make changes). But....It's not as easy as everyone makes it seem. I thought I was tech savvy but the interface is very confusing to me. I am still searching through youtube to find a good explanation of how to make chages. Going to take a deep dive this weekend. I wish someone from here would make a video specific for an explorer (don't know if that even makes a difference).

LokiWolf

Reactions
I have downloaded it, bought the adapter (actually bought the MX+ and then realized that I needed the EX - wired version - to make changes). But....It's not as easy as everyone makes it seem. I thought I was tech savvy but the interface is very confusing to me. I am still searching through youtube to find a good explanation of how to make chages. Going to take a deep dive this weekend. I wish someone from here would make a video specific for an explorer (don't know if that even makes a difference).
You can use the MX+ to make changes. It is all I use. Whoever told you otherwise has no clue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Reactions
ForScan is incredible. It is literally a game changer for the Ford Explorer St or any Ford for that matter. I was glad to pay 20 bucks for 2 years I think or 30 bucks for 2 years I forget which. We need to support these guys.
This is the OBD2 connector I purchased on Amazon. It was a breeze to get working. Windows laptop is definitely the way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N18TOFB/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apap_5KiHyO5uBXjBG
You have to have Windows. It does not work on a Mac, unless you are running Windows virtually on said Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro