Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How do you dry your washed car?

Reactions
Been using micro fiber towels made for drying off cars.
Was thinking about a blow-dryer, but then I picked up "the Absorber"
I have no idea how long it's been around, but I am impressed.
When you ring it out, it's just as dry as when you started
Yes, still have to sweat, but makes it allot easier for drying.

Reactions
Friend of mine uses his leave blower. I tried that once. Worked pretty well but my arm got tired. I use once of the absorbent cloths. Can't remember exactly what it's called.

Reactions
The best way is an electric leaf blower; will not put those fine swirl marks/scratches in the paint. I used to always use one despite the funny looks I got from my neighbors lol! It’s especially important with black paint too.

Reactions
Old school, still use a clean real deer skin chamois. After every wash or rain. Polishes seem to last longer than using micro-fiber towels which seem to be rougher, like terry towels, and remove some o the polish. I use micro fiber towels only on the rims.:cool:

Reactions
Electric leaf blower for the nooks and crannies, then I have turtle wax spray wax and dry, wax as you dry. Works wonders, no water spots and gives a light layer of protection.

Reactions
I use a lightweight Hitachi 2 stroke blower. Works great on bikes and atv too.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
+1 for the Absorber, have used them on boats, motorcycles, and cars for many, many years.

Reactions
I’ve got a Toro electric leaf blower that I bought specifically for drying our cars. It’s super powerful and doesn’t blow exhaust/oil on the car like my gas blower has done. Towels can scratch the clear coat and chamois take off the wax.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I use Adams' detail spray and their waffle drying towels.

Reactions
I have the Master Blaster. One of best purchases I've made.

Reactions
I just run it up to about 120 for a couple of miles...Then I go over every inch with MEGUIAR's ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER®. (Base coat of Gold Paste)

PJ

Reactions
I avoid doing a hose wash if I can and do rinseless washes.....if it calls for a full on wash I use a master blaster to get water out of cracks and panels then dry with a microfiber and a mist of Beadmaker as a drying aid.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I avoid doing a hose wash if I can and do rinseless washes.....if it calls for a full on wash I use a master blaster to get water out of cracks and panels then dry with a microfiber and a mist of Beadmaker as a drying aid.
What’s a rinse less wash? I use an electric pressure washer and foam the vehicle first, pressure wash, then hand wash. I’m curious about the rinse less option but I have black so trying to avoid swirls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I was considering getting a battery powered yard blower to use to dry mine off. Is the MB worth the extra cost? Seems pretty cool but very expensive.

wcoyne

Reactions
I use a leaf blower to dry the wheels and blow the water out of all of the cracks. I then use a Adams microfiber towel to dry the rest of the vehicle.

Reactions
What’s a rinse less wash? I use an electric pressure washer and foam the vehicle first, pressure wash, then hand wash. I’m curious about the rinse less option but I have black so trying to avoid swirls.

Check out some YouTube videos.....I use McKees n914 or Wolfgang, and sometimes do it waterless or rinseless, but I also never let it get very dirty. My finish is perfect, if you do it correctly there's no issue. With that said if your wheel wells are dirty you need to pressure rinse them. 20200818_154211.jpg

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Check out some YouTube videos.....I use McKees n914 or Wolfgang, and sometimes do it waterless or rinseless, but I also never let it get very dirty. My finish is perfect, if you do it correctly there's no issue. With that said if your wheel wells are dirty you need to pressure rinse them. View attachment 2127
That does look awesome. I’ll have to look into it. Black looks nice but so tricky when it comes to swirls.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Yeah it's a commitment!
Just watched a cool video on McKees. I think I will switch it up. Works great here in Germany too since you technically aren’t allowed to wash your car in your driveway.