Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How do you dry your washed car?

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Just watched a cool video on McKees. I think I will switch it up. Works great here in Germany too since you technically aren’t allowed to wash your car in your driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really! Why? Are you in drought conditions like California always is?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Really! Why? Are you in drought conditions like California always is?
No drought, it’s an environmental thing. They don’t want the soap seeping into the groundwater. The soap is biodegradable so I don’t understand the reason but try to comply since I’m a guest.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
No drought, it’s an environmental thing. They don’t want the soap seeping into the groundwater. The soap is biodegradable so I don’t understand the reason but try to comply since I’m a guest.

Ahhh, Green BS... :cautious:

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Yea pretty odd. I still do it but use a two step foam process with a pressure washer. Pretty sure I’m moving into the McKee rinseless products for ceramic coats. Seems fast and convenient with less drying time.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Waffle towel and detail spray

Reactions
Squeegee and a drying aid such as Ethos D3fy or Turtle Wax 3-in-1 with a large microfiber towel.

Reactions
Electric leaf blower for the nooks and crannies, then I have turtle wax spray wax and dry, wax as you dry. Works wonders, no water spots and gives a light layer of protection.
I have also been using this turtle wax spray wax and dry for years. It is a brilliant product. Nothing sticks to the paint like the tar spots etc. provided you use this everytime you wash the car.

Phileas

Reactions
Leave blower at max speed and then Water Magnet towel from Meguiars. Perfect.

Gymrat

Reactions
Blow dry with the “master blaster”. Got it from Autogeek about 4 yrs ago. It’s not cheap but saves a bunch of time in drying plus not touching the paint anymore than I have to.

Blackssr

Reactions
Just a 60 mph speed run. I live in South Florida... One 3 minute speed run and a light wipe down and she is good to go. I also use Poor Boys wheel cleaner so the wheels and Calibers come back spotless.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I use a lightweight Hitachi 2 stroke blower. Works great on bikes and atv too.
Exactly what I use. Little green two stroke. Have used for years. What's left over wipe off with a microfiber.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Same here. Back pack blower then some P&S Beadmaker for the extra shine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Master blaster sidekick then wipe dry with microfiber

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
dp-turbo-car-dryer.jpg

I picked up one if these as an open box offer for about $40 as I remember. The originals had an issue with the hose coming out of the blower and these got a bad reputation. Fixing the problem was literally installing one blind screw and the hose will not fall out. It's been going strong for 6 or 7 years. I don't think they even sell them anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions
A rip around a couple block's then Turtle Wax Wax and Dry. I've tried a blower a couple times and don't think it does much for the time involved.

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Wife got me one of these for Christmas:

https://metrovac.com/products/air-force-master-blaster?variant=18877237919817

A bit pricey but man, I can dry the whole care and get all the nooks and grannies in less than a 3rd of the time with a shammy. Not only is it much faster but no streaks or very few water spots and I can drive away with no hidden residual drips from the mirrors, lug nuts, back glass, etc.

I love it!!!!!