Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Glovebox and Center armrest lights?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I was wondering if there was a check valve as it becomes the low spot in the system, I think.

Reactions
I was wondering if there was a check valve as it becomes the low spot in the system, I think.
I didn't see anything in the parts diagrams and it doesn't look like there is one in-line on any of the hoses.

mezalu

Reactions
Wonder where those 2 wires feed to. I’m wondering if we could tap into the light adapter in the front cubby. Maybe I will take apart my center console to see if I can find a place for them to feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did just that. Order the parts only to realize my 2021 wasn’t wired for them, regardless I really wanted the lights so I took apart the center console and tapped into the wiring; ran cables to both the glove box and armrest. Kinda felt weird taking apart a new ~$60k car but damn I wanted them lights. No regrets, I’d do it again.

madyury

Reactions
Vehicle
ID4
Came across your thread in google search. I make 3d printed accessories for VW ID.4 and this car also lack a glovebox light. I developed and make it. It is battery powered and attaches to the inside of the glovebox with double-sided tape and is activated by motion.
link to the video:

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
Too bad the video doesn't have any link to the light and the comments are turned off... would be fine for me just a motion activated LED light.. i don't need much more