Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Glovebox and Center armrest lights?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The console back simply pops off with no screws to pull just pull straight back an interior plastic prybar is helpful but chances are not it's not necessary. It's a 5-minute job to check. If I looked there and didn't see one, I'd assume the front one isn't there either.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm just reporting back. With parts in hand, now largely disappointed, and feeling a bit foolish, I can confidently tell you that my Xploder with a build date of 3/21 does not have either of the wiring connectors in existence to add the lights.

I'm not going to be opening up the wiring harnesses to add them. Learn from my mistakes. As was discussed earlier in this thread, don't be lazy like I was and I knew I was being lazy. Check for existing connectors before ordering the parts.

Somewhere along the line, Ford figured out the extra wiring laying around unused costs them money. :cautious:
Sorry to hear that. Makes me wish I had not posted it but was hoping it worked.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Heck no, if somebody else learns from my mistake, all is well. I was just overly optimistic. I knew better, and I should have checked. Hindsight is of course always 20/20.

Reactions
Heck no, if somebody else learns from my mistake, all is well. I was just overly optimistic. I knew better, and I should have checked. Hindsight is of course always 20/20.
Well, I guess I’ll be checking this weekend. Wanted to do this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I guess I really need to take a look at a 2020. I wanted to do the front camera washer jet too. Now I'm wondering what is involved. ;)

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Sorry to hear this.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I guess I can live without either of these lights but I find the console to be deep and dark.

Reactions
My 21 is a 12/20 build and there is no harness as well. The center console light would have been the nice one to have.

20210903_115116.jpg

Reactions
I am glad I got something for the extra $$. I bought a 2020 last July. Shortly after they announced a large price cut for 2021. At least I have a glove box light!

Reactions
Sorry, just seeing this. I added them to mine. You have to check for the harnesses first, takes five minutes to check for both.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@Honeybadger, You lucky Dog!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Both of the lights were right in the $50 neighborhood. One was $25 and one was $28 through a local dealership here. I wouldn't be surprised if Tasco had them cheaper.

Attachments

njeyez

Reactions
Wonder where those 2 wires feed to. I’m wondering if we could tap into the light adapter in the front cubby. Maybe I will take apart my center console to see if I can find a place for them to feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I guess I really need to take a look at a 2020. I wanted to do the front camera washer jet too. Now I'm wondering what is involved. ;)
You have me wondering now if I have the hose already ran… I figured for the front washer it’s just adding some type of splitter and running a small hose.

Reactions
You have me wondering now if I have the hose already ran… I figured for the front washer it’s just adding some type of splitter and running a small hose.
Mine doesn't have anything already run. They just insert a T into the hose and run it out to the camera. I have all of the parts, just haven't gotten around to taking the bumper off to do it.