Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thanks for your quick reply.

Xalm

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
My Performance Cal says it's on version DB.bin, i removed it and logged back in and it downloaded the same file. Am i getting the latest version?

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thats interesting because I called Ford Performance Tech Support Line today and asked about updates for the CAL I have in my ST and the guy said the CAL has never been updated since its release.

Xalm

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
hmm, i just went to flash to see if i did get an updated bin, and now it's saying my vehicle is not supported, i can't even revert to stock config, says same thing. Is there a chance the dealer changed something in my ECU and now i can't use my procal4?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
hmm, i just went to flash to see if i did get an updated bin, and now it's saying my vehicle is not supported, i can't even revert to stock config, says same thing. Is there a chance the dealer changed something in my ECU and now i can't use my procal4?
I don't know but sure would hope not.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm having a similar issue I think. I plugged in the tuner to Pro Cal 4 in Windows and it did a Pro Cal software update, then "transferred" that to the tuner. Now when I hit Update in Pro Cal, nothing happens. It no longer shows my VIN and tunes and doesn't ask me to login anymore with voucher ID. I'm scared to plug it back into my ST. I called FP and the guy was a douche and told me if I plug it back in I will brick my ST. Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thats interesting because I called Ford Performance Tech Support Line today and asked about updates for the CAL I have in my ST and the guy said the CAL has never been updated since its release.
I had the same guy I think. There has been at least 2 updates. One makes the auto start/stop turn off after key cycles. I believe that was HB1. Now there is another one.

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have the Ford Performance Tune. During the upgrade process, after my tune was installed, my tuner erased my original tune and my Ford Perfirmance from the tuner. Ford Performance offered a new tuner code to start from scratch. Go to the dealer reinstall the ford OEM tune and start from scratch. Not Happy. Be careful.
I think this might have happened to me. Can you explain what happened when you did the update? I updated Pro Cal software and now it doesn't ask me to login and doesn't show my VIN or tunes. I'm afraid to plug it back in to the ST. I'm seeing the dealer on Monday

Reactions
I saw that there were updates to the ProCal device, so I thought it would be best to revert to the stock tune before updating the device just in case. Nothing seemed to be lost when I updated the device and then reinstalled the tune. I know this is after the fact instructions, but may help others in the future. Good luck.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Need to contact ford performance. One of their engineers was able to remote into my computer / procal and fix the software issue. Your procal still has your tune on it, some kind of software bug that makes the software think it's not there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Need to contact ford performance. One of their engineers was able to remote into my computer / procal and fix the software issue. Your procal still has your tune on it, some kind of software bug that makes the software think it's not there.
I wish you could’ve given them hell for keeping the skip shifting. It’s driving me straight to ZFG soon

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I wish you could’ve given them hell for keeping the skip shifting. It’s driving me straight to ZFG soon
I'll be honest, I've never noticed any skip shifting. Maybeeeeee 6+ gear but at that point I'm very low RPM and would have a hard time telling it's skipping gears. Certainly the power gears ~1-5 there is no skipping at all.

ZFG sounds great but then I read the stories of warranty work being denied and I don't have the time to deal with that stuff anymore. Yes FP tune is "aftermarket" but at the same time you def have more brownie points with a ford tune vs ZFG or whoever if SHTF. I'll take my chances with the FP personally.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Now the question I will have is will the current FP tune work with the 25 I have on order. I have a 22 ST now and after owning it stock for 3 years I am definitely looking to beef up the 25 and make it a bit more "mine".

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
READ MY LIPS......NO NEW..errrr, there will never be a Ford Performance tune. Keep bugging Ford Performance all you want, it just won't happen. You will ask them in May and they'll say "end of Q3". Q3 = Q4 and so on.
Wow, this aged poorly.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No as poorly as the actual FP tune, especially considering the price and the absolute shit-show it is to have it flashed at dealerships.
lol I don’t think I have see one person that got this tune that hasn’t been happy. So not sure what you’re talking about, especially it being a “shit show”.

You could just acknowledge you were wrong.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
lol I don’t think I have see one person that got this tune that hasn’t been happy. So not sure what you’re talking about, especially it being a “shit show”.

You could just acknowledge you were wrong.
I've been very happy with the FP tune on my ST and I installed it myself.