Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Reactions
Funny, Ford just warrantied my diff under 5/60 (the actual power train warranty) with a ZFG Tune and exhaust... Imagine that...

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Funny, Ford just warrantied my diff under 5/60 (the actual power train warranty) with a ZFG Tune and exhaust... Imagine that...
Where is that dealership? Noted!!! Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It was an unexpected gift that the FP tune eliminated AUTO STOP/START. But the Auto Parking Brake remains, and I can see why FORD wouldn't touch that.

But yeah, throttle response with the FP Tune can really startle you sometimes. It almost puts the ST into the 12's with no other mods, so I guess that's to be expected.
Are you speaking of the AUTO STOP that occurs when you come to a stop at a traffic light and such?

kDiqq

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Stinkin Aviator
It was an unexpected gift that the FP tune eliminated AUTO STOP/START. But the Auto Parking Brake remains, and I can see why FORD wouldn't touch that.

But yeah, throttle response with the FP Tune can really startle you sometimes. It almost puts the ST into the 12's with no other mods, so I guess that's to be expected.
The FP tune only gets you in the 13s? That's super disappointing for the cost.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The FP tune only gets you in the 13s? That's super disappointing for the cost.
Stock ST is already in the 13s. Also bear in mind how far 30hp is going to get you. That's the extent of an FP tune.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Actually that’s not surprising one bit being ford knows they screwed up and it’s happening on completely stock vehicles. So tune or no tune, it can happen regardless.

sdreefer619

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 EXPLORER ST
THEY DID THAT AUTO PARK BRAKE UPDATE IN A RECENT RECAL OF THE PCM IN CASE THE CAR ROLLS AWAY. MY TRUCK EVEN DOES IT SOMETIMES ITS ANNOYING

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So has anyone actually done the update yet? I have it loaded up on the tuner but haven’t flashed it yet. Curious if it’s actually better in anyway than the initial version.

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So has anyone actually done the update yet? I have it loaded up on the tuner but haven’t flashed it yet. Curious if it’s actually better in anyway than the initial version.
I did the update, feels a bit smoother on upshifts.. I used to get a weird idle when switching from Park to Reverse or Drive and that seems a bit better now.

It would be nice if FP released a written list of revisions from the HB to HC1 version so we know what they did

earworm

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Are you speaking of the AUTO STOP that occurs when you come to a stop at a traffic light and such?
It still has the auto start stop in latest versions the tune (HC1). Just drive in sport mode and you will never have it again

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It still has the auto start stop in latest versions the tune (HC1). Just drive in sport mode and you will never have it again
Most of the time I'm daily driving and rarely use sport mode. I don't mind the auto stop feature to save fuel but can turn it off at the press of a switch. I was asking because I wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing it with the "stop/go" feature in the ACC.
Thanks for the reply!

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have the Ford Performance Tune. During the upgrade process, after my tune was installed, my tuner erased my original tune and my Ford Perfirmance from the tuner. Ford Performance offered a new tuner code to start from scratch. Go to the dealer reinstall the ford OEM tune and start from scratch. Not Happy. Be careful.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Updated today and she feels a bit smoother. Nothing too different. Biggest thing is the vehicle now remembers your auto start stop setting. So I have it off and it stays off until I switch it. Pretty sweet and honestly very surprised they did that!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Updated today and she feels a bit smoother. Nothing too different. Biggest thing is the vehicle now remembers your auto start stop setting. So I have it off and it stays off until I switch it. Pretty sweet and honestly very surprised they did that!
- did you just plug in the ProCal to your computer to download the new tune? Did the application tell you that there’s an update?
- how did you know that there’s a new tune? I don’t get any emails or anything
- did you return the car to stock before loading the new tune?
- did it erase your stock tune from the device?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
- did you just plug in the ProCal to your computer to download the new tune? Did the application tell you that there’s an update?
- how did you know that there’s a new tune? I don’t get any emails or anything
- did you return the car to stock before loading the new tune?
- did it erase your stock tune from the device?
-Yup. It asked me to login, and it found the new tune. It’s H1c.bin I believe. HB.bin was my previous file.
- I saw someone on fb mention it. Then I emailed FP tech line and they confirm there was an update.
- nope, just plugged the updated tuner into my car and clicked to do the new performance tune again
- no that remains along with it being in their system as well

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
thanks man, you’ve been really helpful. I’m gonna give it a shot tomorrow!

I currently am pissed at the tune because it has a very unresponsive pedal/throttle at low speeds and shifting 1-2, and then suddenly the power comes on. Bucks me around. I’m hoping that this update fixes it up magically

Reactions
I downloaded my FP tune in late May, but only installed it a couple of weeks ago. Does the updated tune include the auto parking brake recall? For some reason my FP tune does not have the auto parking brake feature. Just the way I want it.

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Looking forward to the respnse they give you. After I tuned my ST I updated my turner and it wiped it clean, I had to contact customer service and he helped my download my stock tune and FP Tune to the device again. So I haven't been really excited about checking for updates after that happpened. But it would be interesting if there was an update to the tune.
Who in customer service was able to restore your original tune and ford performance tune to the device? Ford Performance sent me a new code to restore my tuner to new. They told me to have Ford retune the car to stock and start from scratch.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Who in customer service was able to restore your original tune and ford performance tune to the device? Ford Performance sent me a new code to restore my tuner to new. They told me to have Ford retune the car to stock and start from scratch.
I don't remember who I spoke with, but I called Ford Performance and they set up a callback. The tech had me allow him to log into my laptop and he reloaded the stock and performance tunes back onto my tuner. But I checked it a couple of weeks ago and all is erased again, so I will have to call again. They need to roll out a fix for this.

Hope it works out for you, and thank you for your service.