Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I do believe ZFG has the 3.5 record as well. Is he the Raptor guy? lol
No, it's Goosetuned. He uses the Cobb Accessport and creates his own email tunes for it instead of their OTS maps. I didn't know ZFG tuned the 21+ F150s until now; I only thought he did 20 and older. Haven't seen him post on those Raptor forums; maybe he's on the regular F150 forums. I have a 2023 so I'm SOL because of some new security protocol Ford added to the computer but I guess I'll have to hit him up once the 23s can get tuned.

None of the realistic folks here are claiming massive gains lol let’s keep it in perspective for the majority of us
True. People over there were expecting the same numbers you get from ZFG (Goosetuned for them).

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Regarding the recent revision for the FP tune. Here’s the response from FP Parts Tech Line.

Yes, you need to reflash the vehicle or it will not be updated. If you are not experienced with the process it would be best to take it back to the tech (if possible) that originally installed it.
The warranty will still apply if you do the update.”

I had to clarify with him, like I still want to keep the warranty. That’s why I’m here and bought this tune. Again,

As per my previous email - The warranty will still apply if you do the update.”

So maybe I’ll try updating it this weekend. I’m still skeptical but I have him confirming twice the warranty will remain even if I do the update.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Regarding the recent revision for the FP tune. Here’s the response from FP Parts Tech Line.

Yes, you need to reflash the vehicle or it will not be updated. If you are not experienced with the process it would be best to take it back to the tech (if possible) that originally installed it.
The warranty will still apply if you do the update.”

I had to clarify with him, like I still want to keep the warranty. That’s why I’m here and bought this tune. Again,

As per my previous email - The warranty will still apply if you do the update.”

So maybe I’ll try updating it this weekend. I’m still skeptical but I have him confirming twice the warranty will remain even if I do the update.
I would hang onto that email. It should give proof if any thing goes wrong for you. Good luck.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I missed this. When was the revision and what’s it do?
Good question. I don’t really know other than it adds the auto start stop memory feature meaning the car will remember and keep whatever setting you set it to.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Good question. I don’t really know other than it adds the auto start stop memory feature meaning the car will remember and keep whatever setting you set it to.
so how does one even get the revision? I plugged the ProCal into my computer, ran the Update button which sends the calibration, then it just kinda does nothing. The interface doesn’t say anything about a new version or anything that would tell me that a revision is on the ProCal.

I’m pretty miffed with the 1998 quality of this front end (as someone who works in UI/UX and data systems)

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
so how does one even get the revision? I plugged the ProCal into my computer, ran the Update button which sends the calibration, then it just kinda does nothing. The interface doesn’t say anything about a new version or anything that would tell me that a revision is on the ProCal.

I’m pretty miffed with the 1998 quality of this front end (as someone who works in UI/UX and data systems)
So I finally plugged my tuner in. This was on a new computer. Downloaded the software. Once I plugged the tuner in and connected, a couple things updated. First thing mentioned something about version 34, the other thing was a DIP update version 10. Those two things updated. Then what was it.
There is an update button at the top next to where it says version 2.118. I click update, enter my FP login info, then my original voucher code. Then I get an error that states calibration not found, Err2. Contact dealer. Not sure what that all means and if that has anything to do with looking for a new tune revision.

Guessing those first couple of things that did update were just for the tuner itself and didn’t have to do with the actual tune itself. I emailed the FP tech team.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
So I finally plugged my tuner in. This was on a new computer. Downloaded the software. Once I plugged the tuner in and connected, a couple things updated. First thing mentioned something about version 34, the other thing was a DIP update version 10. Those two things updated. Then what was it.
There is an update button at the top next to where it says version 2.118. I click update, enter my FP login info, then my original voucher code. Then I get an error that states calibration not found, Err2. Contact dealer. Not sure what that all means and if that has anything to do with looking for a new tune revision.

Guessing those first couple of things that did update were just for the tuner itself and didn’t have to do with the actual tune itself. I emailed the FP tech team.
Looking forward to the respnse they give you. After I tuned my ST I updated my turner and it wiped it clean, I had to contact customer service and he helped my download my stock tune and FP Tune to the device again. So I haven't been really excited about checking for updates after that happpened. But it would be interesting if there was an update to the tune.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looking forward to the respnse they give you. After I tuned my ST I updated my turner and it wiped it clean, I had to contact customer service and he helped my download my stock tune and FP Tune to the device again. So I haven't been really excited about checking for updates after that happpened. But it would be interesting if there was an update to the tune.
Yeah will definitely post back. I’m intrigued but at the same time, I’m still 100% happy with the tune. No way they added power so I won’t stress too much if I have issues trying to get the new update. But I’m sure they’ll clarify/help me out.

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Tried to update mine Friday Sept 8 and my tuner was wiped clean as well. Called tech support mid afternoon they asked for my device code and proof of purchase. Sent mid afternoon then they closed for the weekend. Hopefully they can restore my original tune and performance tune to the tuner on Monday. The good news is my car still has the ford performance tune.
If they restore the tuner I’m putting it in a lead box in my safe!

Reactions
Vehicle
Yeah will definitely post back. I’m intrigued but at the same time, I’m still 100% happy with the tune. No way they added power so I won’t stress too much if I have issues trying to get the new update. But I’m sure they’ll clarify/help me out.
Yes, I'm also happy with the tune. It's perfect for our daily driver.

Reactions
Vehicle
Tried to update mine Friday Sept 8 and my tuner was wiped clean as well. Called tech support mid afternoon they asked for my device code and proof of purchase. Sent mid afternoon then they closed for the weekend. Hopefully they can restore my original tune and performance tune to the tuner on Monday. The good news is my car still has the ford performance tune.
If they restore the tuner I’m putting it in a lead box in my safe!
I haven't touched mine since then too! The tech said he's saw what happened but thought it was an isolated incident, looks like it's not just me.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yes, I'm also happy with the tune. It's perfect for our daily driver.
Right on brother!

If people want to retain the 3/36 engine & drivetrain warranty on their $60k SUV, get the FP Tune.
If people want to brick the 3/36 engine & drivetrain warranty on their $60k SUV, get a non FP Tune.

It doesn't get any simpler than that. Denying this is just a form of self-gratification.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
This tool bag is like that fly you thought you got outta the car…you get some peace and then BAM…fucker shows up again. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I've been through this before with Donnie's underwear. Guys dumb.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
He is an idiot. Retain 3/36 powertrain Warranty? The dip shit doesn't even know it comes with a 5/60 powertrain warranty so it looks to me he gave up a bunch of warranty.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
One can like the FP tune and all that comes with it, and one can also choose to go with a different tune.
It's not a polarizing issue that you want to make out of it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah no warranty is bricked either way lol we have choices which is great for us. That’s all that matters. One of these days I will definitely upgrade to Zfg but for now the FP tine satisfies my needs. Just glad we have options for this platform.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Mindless one shtick/schtick automaton. Every response to it's post personifies it. Which shtick/schtick today? If you put another penny in the monkey he'll keep banging the symbols.

Look what I've just done. o_O:rolleyes:

Shtick
  1. A characteristic, helpful in securing recognition or attention.
  2. A person's special talent, or habitual activity.

Last edited: