Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
To quote Joe, "you can't kill the ecu".
Challenge accepted… :D

Just kidding. Glad to hear that you were able to get the necessary help and that Bertha is back amongst the living and your wife isn’t going to have to terminate you. I’ve been there and faced that threat level and it’s no fun.

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just saying - y'all can easily install it yourself.
Help! I'm registered at Performance Site, voucher # entered, ready to download the Zip and my Norton is saying this site/download has a virus Huer.AdvMLB. Called FP tech line, he said just open the firewall. Anyone else run into this?
Going down this path eventually I will be asked "Are you sure you want to proceed?" If I was sure I would be already installed and enjoying the tune....

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah I wouldn’t let it stop you. Disable that firewall. You only need built in windows one anyway.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Help! I'm registered at Performance Site, voucher # entered, ready to download the Zip and my Norton is saying this site/download has a virus Huer.AdvMLB. Called FP tech line, he said just open the firewall. Anyone else run into this?
Going down this path eventually I will be asked "Are you sure you want to proceed?" If I was sure I would be already installed and enjoying the tune....
I think at this point you are downloading the app.
download app.
Update app
Download stock tune from ST
Upload stock tune
Download FP tune
Install FP tune in ST

Follow instructions carefully!

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I think at this point you are downloading the app.
download app.
Update app
Download stock tune from ST
Upload stock tune
Download FP tune
Install FP tune in ST

Follow instructions carefully!
Correct! But Norton keeps stopping from the app from downloading from the FP site...

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Correct! But Norton keeps stopping from the app from downloading from the FP site...
Trust or don't. It's up to you - disable Norton and proceed, or don't.

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Trust or don't. It's up to you - disable Norton and proceed, or don't.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, install is complete with no issues. The ST starts now heading out for the 1st trip down Pacific Coast Hwy. Appreciate your input guys!

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I know it calls for 91 or 93 octane (we generally only have 91 here) but has anyone using it been running 89 with any issues? Would there be any issues running 89 vs 91 or 93?

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I know it calls for 91 or 93 octane (we generally only have 91 here) but has anyone using it been running 89 with any issues? Would there be any issues running 89 vs 91 or 93?
I only run 91 and in sport mode exclusively and so far it performs well though I haven't looked for the extra 30 hp yet. I believe it will run fine on 89 but you will not see the full benefit of the FP tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have only used 93.

DocBach

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0, 2021 Explorer ST
Thanks for the vote of confidence, install is complete with no issues. The ST starts now heading out for the 1st trip down Pacific Coast Hwy. Appreciate your input guys!
careful on the 1 right now, the conditions are horrible in some spots with debris and road closures. I’m stuck in some little town on the California coast because of the storm shut the highway down

kair350

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
If you still have a warranty, their website says its null and void if you use less than 91 octane

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Where to buy the performance tune for ST?
What are the pros and cons?
Is it available in all 50 states? (For CA people)
Is it a dealer installed or DYI feature?
What about the premium care warranty after tune?

Might be repeat (silly) questions, but I was not able to find clear answers after browsing 32 pages here. We really need some sticky posts/threads for the forum.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I used 87 for first tank because I filled up before the tune was installed, no issues.

Running 91 all the time now

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Where to buy the performance tune for ST?
What are the pros and cons?
Is it available in all 50 states? (For CA people)
Is it a dealer installed or DYI feature?
What about the premium care warranty after tune?

Might be repeat (silly) questions, but I was not able to find clear answers after browsing 32 pages here. We really need some sticky posts/threads for the forum.
All of your questions have been bantered, argued, and discussed in the previous 32 pages but no need to worry because the FP tune is not available for your 2022 in California. Watch Steeda or Lethal Performance for the best price if you choose to move on it.

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
careful on the 1 right now, the conditions are horrible in some spots with debris and road closures. I’m stuck in some little town on the California coast because of the storm shut the highway down
Having driven Hwy 1 from Santa Monica to the Oregon line on 2 wheels and 4 wheels there are worst places you could be stuck but you better head for higher ground like the 101 or the 5 because there's more rain coming. I'm way farther south in Seal Beach, CA.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
All of your questions have been bantered, argued, and discussed in the previous 32 pages but no need to worry because the FP tune is not available for your 2022 in California. Watch Steeda or Lethal Performance for the best price if you choose to move on it.
Makes me want it even more now..:cry:
Anyway I'm not a person needing anything more than what Ford is offering in the stock form. I'm interested only because it's from Ford.

Next obvious question, anyone in California can drive to a neighborhood state and get it done?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Makes me want it even more now..:cry:
Anyway I'm not a person needing anything more than what Ford is offering in the stock form. I'm interested only because it's from Ford.

Next obvious question, anyone in California can drive to a neighborhood state and get it done?
I think the issue may be with inspection? Which needs to be whatever state the car is registered in. I’m still not sure how the 20-21 is okay but not 22.