Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Does the FP tune show gear always (ie. not manual shift mode) like other tuners not named Livernois.
No it does not show the current gear (unless in Manual mode.) I wish it did, though. [EDIT: I originally stated "unless in Sport mode," which is/was not accurate.]

No changes to the dash configuration or any other features. Strictly a performance bump.

Last edited:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I am all about the tune and will be purchasing. Was just stating that Spins4 has been the only report before and after. Spins4 baseline stock pull is also .25 seconds faster than other members stock timed runs that I have seen. My dick will/is hard for an extra .5 second. I am not the anti-CareerFiremanGuy guy and have been on your side (explained in earlier posts) was just making an observation which is a statistical fact in this thread. You should know about numbers, especially when it comes to rear bolt fractures.
Great to hear you're diving into the FP tune. Regarding Spins4 stock times being 1/4 sec faster than others, in truth, that isn't important. What's important is the difference between his base and tuned runs. And I know you haven't been maligning me as some of the other uninformed juveniles have been, that's why my previous response to you was a purely whimsical "Which is better than a sample size of zero by about a million. hahaha"

And yes, numbers are kind of a hobby of mine. Before I became a Career First Responder I was in auditing.:geek:

Anyways, good luck with your soon to be installed FP tune and keep us informed.

Reactions
Hey, if you are content in spending $1000 for 1/2 a second then by all means do it. Your money.
Who’s spending $1000?

I see a lot of folks spending $700+ on downpipes for 2 tenths, to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The Ford tune is a no-go for me...don't want to have the auto parking brake installed as part of the tune.
I highly encourage you to ignore the few uninformed know nothings that infect this forum, as it appears they might have negatively influenced you.

The FP tune offers an undisputed advantage over other tunes as it maintains your warranty. That alone is worth the price of admission.

My advice is you permanently block the whining brats as I have, and then look at the FP tune again with a fresh mind minus the convoluted influence of the malcontents.

Reactions
The Ford tune is a no-go for me...don't want to have the auto parking brake installed as part of the tune.
Just so you have some clarity...

I highly encourage you to ignore the few uninformed know nothings that infect this forum, as it appears they might have negatively influenced you.

My advice is you permanently block the whining brats as I have, and then look at the FP tune again with a fresh mind minus the convoluted influence of the malcontents.
Those "uninformed know nothings" include people like @TMac and @UNBROKEN whom have contributed more valid information to this forum than @CareerFiremanGuy will ever unless you want to know about bolts... I too am on his list because I gave him the same attitude that he gives others. Use your brain and remember, just because it says it comes with a warranty doesn't mean it will cover a failure.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST

The FP tune offers an undisputed advantage over other tunes as it maintains your warranty. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Not to get in the middle of this spat, but be assured no one has influenced me negatively, or positively. I merely stated what I read on Facebook that the Ford Performance tune does add the automatic parking brake feature that was implemented in response to the differential bolt issue. If someone knows to the contrary I'd like to hear it, as I was considering the FP tune until I read this.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Not to get in the middle of this spat, but be assured no one has influenced me negatively, or positively. I merely stated what I read on Facebook that the Ford Performance tune does add the automatic parking brake feature that was implemented in response to the differential bolt issue. If someone knows to the contrary I'd like to hear it, as I was considering the FP tune until I read this.
Why does the auto parking brake deter you? I set the parking brake every single time I park the car as I do not like putting that pressure on the trans. It is probably trivial, just my preference. Also, the parking brake will automatically release itself once you put the car in gear and press the gas pedal.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Why does the auto parking brake deter you? I set the parking brake every single time I park the car as I do not like putting that pressure on the trans. It is probably trivial, just my preference. Also, the parking brake will automatically release itself once you put the car in gear and press the gas pedal.
I'm not missing any bolts...don't need it or want it.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just so you have some clarity...

Those "uninformed know nothings" include people like @TMac and @UNBROKEN whom have contributed more valid information to this forum than @CareerFiremanGuy will ever unless you want to know about bolts... I too am on his list because I gave him the same attitude that he gives others. Use your brain and remember, just because it says it comes with a warranty doesn't mean it will cover a failure.
For someone that claims to have all of us blocked…he sure does talk about us a lot. My money says he doesn’t have us blocked…because he wouldn’t be able to stand not seeing what’s being said. As far as uninformed…I think the majority of people see who really wears that badge. lol

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got a quote from a dealer. $210 installed. Which seems a bit pricey to me but who knows. They clearly knew exactly what I was talking about. Only question was tune only or parts as well. Now to decide the what heck to do. FP vs Zfg lol my buddy says I’ll be on to another car by the time I decide.

KegsBdry

Reactions
2020 Ford Explorer ST, looking to get the Ford Performance tune tomorrow morning at the dealership while doing an oil change. I'm at 45K miles.

Quoted from the Service Manager: The cost of the software $825. Install is $195.

Modifications done thus far: Vent to Atmosphere on BOV + Borla S-Type Exhaust system

What do you all think? Is it worth it?

Update: Forgot to mention my 100K/7yr bumper-tp-bumper warranty. Hoping not to install anything that might void it.

Last edited:

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Cant wait to see how much it the tune will benefit in in a quarter mile time over stock.
Anyone spend the 825.00 through the dealer? Did that include install since they have to?
I have 65,000 Ford rewards points im trying to talk myself into using it toward the Tune.
So fun fact, you can only use the points if it’s a “Ford Performance” dealership.

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Also, I read in the description that it only preserves the warranty if a Ford technician or Red Sealed Tech or whatever installs it. Do y’all just not care/out of warranty? Or is it just bs. Also, I have bumper to bumper extended warranty up to 100,000 miles, but the warranty for the flash says 3/36000. Past that I’m screwed?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Also, I read in the description that it only preserves the warranty if a Ford technician or Red Sealed Tech or whatever installs it. Do y’all just not care/out of warranty? Or is it just bs. Also, I have bumper to bumper extended warranty up to 100,000 miles, but the warranty for the flash says 3/36000. Past that I’m screwed?
Yeah I wonder the same thing. If not having it installed by a dealer to preserve some form of warranty, then why not just go with aftermarket.

I guess at the end of the day, even after the 3/36k, I’m guessing if it came down to it, I would think you’d have less issues if a FP tune was installed rather than an aftermarket. Obviously may vary dealer to dealer but I’m assuming very very unlikely to have any issues with this tune.

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yeah I wonder the same thing. If not having it installed by a dealer to preserve some form of warranty, then why not just go with aftermarket.

I guess at the end of the day, even after the 3/36k, I’m guessing if it came down to it, I would think you’d have less issues if a FP tune was installed rather than an aftermarket. Obviously may vary dealer to dealer but I’m assuming very very unlikely to have any issues with this tune.
my dealership quoted me $75 to flash it. Just gonna do that. Better Safe than sorry

Reactions
2020 Ford Explorer ST, looking to get the Ford Performance tune tomorrow morning at the dealership while doing an oil change. I'm at 45K miles.

Quoted from the Service Manager: The cost of the software $825. Install is $195.

Modifications done thus far: Vent to Atmosphere on BOV + Borla S-Type Exhaust system

What do you all think? Is it worth it?
You are already at 45K - the warranty is useless. It’s only 3/36 and that is from the original in-service date - which has been mentioned many times. Paying retail price plus an install charge is really just throwing money away.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
my dealership quoted me $75 to flash it. Just gonna do that. Better Safe than sorry
Damn $75? Where are you located? That is a no brainer. My quotes $210 just seems high

You are already at 45K - the warranty is useless. It’s only 3/36 and that is from the original in-service date - which has been mentioned many times. Paying retail price plus an install charge is really just throwing money away.
Yeah if out of warranty already, no way would I pay to have it installed by a dealer. Just do it yourself.

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Damn $75? Where are you located? That is a no brainer. My quotes $210 just seems high

Yeah if out of warranty already, no way would I pay to have it installed by a dealer. Just do it yourself.
Lexington, Ky.