Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune

Reactions
Ah shit that’s right! I forgot about that. I did a general search a couple weeks ago when someone mentioned it but couldn’t find any near me. I’ll just have to actually call some local shops near me to see.
You can check here for ASE tech's to make things easier

https://www.ase.com/repair-centers

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You can check here for ASE tech's to make things easier

https://www.ase.com/repair-centers
Thanks. Yeah I did do that a couple weeks ago. Nothing around me. Closest one in Baltimore city. Definitely not trusting a shop there lol I doubt many are open tomorrow but I’ll look up some car shops and ask around. Probably best way.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... Also, with things like recent environmental pushes ...
"Also, with things like recent environmental Communist pushes ..."

/fixed

wish someone would post some Dragy times with this Ford tune really curious the difference.
Exactly what I'm waiting for.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions

/fixed
Thank you all for tuning in once again to "Shallow Thinking". The daily podcast of those who opine on other's efforts.

Spins4

Reactions
Vehicle
2015 GTR, 2022 Explorer ST (on order)

/fixed

wish someone would post some Dragy times with this Ford tune really curious the difference.
I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting too much. After the FP calibration was loaded I took it easy to for 3 or 4 days to give the ECM time to dial in OAR and transmission adaptive learning to occur. First WOT pull surprised me, it pulled harder than I expected, shifted crisper, and smoother throughout the rev range. See Dragy results, the FP calibration shaved 1/2 second off 0-60 and 1/4 mile, trap speeds up 3 mph. Both runs were with 93 and whipple intercooler. OAR on stock pulls was 100% and about 95% with the FP calibration.

Attachments

Reactions
Looks like to me it got more than the adv. power. Oh but wait, according to @twin001 it shouldn't be trusted because of the graphs LOL

Faster than a Durango SRT. This is how the ST should've come off the dealer new. Looks to be making close to the 5 star tuning power

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I installed my FP Tune today and it went mostly smooth, thanks for the write up @deadhead20st !
I only drove it 3-4 miles so far and the throttle response seem snappier, I will drive it more this week and hopefully will it more during my commute.
I did run into one problem, after the test drive the service light came on and said 'Service 4wd'. Using the ProCal tool I was able to retrieve a P160A Configuration Error DTC if I remember correclty. Using the ProCal tool I was able to relearn the AWD module and problem solved!

Also the update to apply the parking brake automatically was included, I don't mind since I use it all the time anyway, just sharing.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Whoot! Whoot! I nailed the 1/2 sec FP tune improvement.:cool:

Who says modding/racing cars for 20+ years doesn't hone your racing knowledge.:geek:

... I want to see a 1/2 sec reduction in 0-60 times, which is totally within reach noting the 30+ hp and 52+ ft lb torque.
... the FP calibration shaved 1/2 second off 0-60 and 1/4 mile ...

Reactions
Anyone that disagrees with that post will automatically get under his ignore list

Reactions
Anyone that disagrees with that post will automatically get under his ignore list
Not to mention a sample size of ONE.
Maybe we should start a poll on it to make it 100% legit. If it shows on an internet forum poll it HAS TO BE FACT.

However, it is still an impressive number from only 32hp tune even if it's a single person posting it

Reactions
Looks like to me it got more than the adv. power. Oh but wait, according to @twin001 it shouldn't be trusted because of the graphs LOL

Faster than a Durango SRT. This is how the ST should've come off the dealer new. Looks to be making close to the 5 star tuning power
Hey, if you are content in spending $1000 for 1/2 a second then by all means do it. Your money.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hey, if you are content in spending $1000 for 1/2 a second then by all means do it. Your money.
No one is buying this tune for erasing seconds from the stock times. No one. People are interested in this because it has the ability to make a fun car, more fun by a little more power, better transmission tweaks, etc. while maintaining some degree of warranty. I think we all know aftermarket is better and will yield much better numbers.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Not to mention a sample size of ONE.
Which is better than a sample size of zero by about a million. hahaha

Hey, if you are content in trashing your warranty for the fastest tune around then please feel free to do so. Your warranty.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The butt hurt FP tune hating crowd is both laughable and sad at the same time.

Okay, more laughable than sad.:LOL:

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The butt hurt FP tune hating crowd is both laughable and sad at the same time.

Okay, more laughable than sad.:LOL:
I am all about the tune and will be purchasing. Was just stating that Spins4 has been the only report before and after. Spins4 baseline stock pull is also .25 seconds faster than other members stock timed runs that I have seen. My dick will/is hard for an extra .5 second. I am not the anti-CareerFiremanGuy guy and have been on your side (explained in earlier posts) was just making an observation which is a statistical fact in this thread. You should know about numbers, especially when it comes to rear bolt fractures.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does the FP tune show gear always (ie. not manual shift mode) like other tuners not named Livernois.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
The Ford tune is a no-go for me...don't want to have the auto parking brake installed as part of the tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Does the FP tune show gear always (ie. not manual shift mode) like other tuners not named Livernois.
Doubtful but I have no experience.