Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Mine was 15 days from Built to Delivered.

Reactions
By chance have you checked your window sticker on the ford tracking site to see if your blend date has changed or the print date at the bottom changed?
Did the status change and say "Built"?
So when my status changed to in production, I had a window sticker. It stayed up for a week or two and now it disappeared. I've checked it to see if the dates change or if the window sticker comes back up, but I've had no luck. I did find my VIN on United Road's website, but that hasn't moved either and it hasn't let me register yet. Not sure what's going on.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So when my status changed to in production, I had a window sticker. It stayed up for a week or two and now it disappeared. I've checked it to see if the dates change or if the window sticker comes back up, but I've had no luck. I did find my VIN on United Road's website, but that hasn't moved either and it hasn't let me register yet. Not sure what's going on.
Yeah that’s very strange. Don’t think I’ve heard anyone report that. Your dealer definitely has more access to detail information. I would reach out and demand an update.

Reactions
Yeah that’s very strange. Don’t think I’ve heard anyone report that. Your dealer definitely has more access to detail information. I would reach out and demand an update.
So I reached out to Ford and they said it shows delivered on their end, but they can’t tell what dates in their system. I immediately called my dealer and they said they don’t think it’s there. I’m getting really frustrated with them

Reactions
I have to agree with ST8...that is very odd to hear.

Reactions
So I reached out to Ford and they said it shows delivered on their end, but they can’t tell what dates in their system. I immediately called my dealer and they said they don’t think it’s there. I’m getting really frustrated with them
Tell them to use the left and right foot express and walk their butts around the lot and find it

Reactions
Tell them to use the left and right foot express and walk their butts around the lot and find it
See I wasn’t sure if that happened during QC or what, but I figured I might get an email saying it had been delayed which would make more sense. When we called the dealership the guy said he was going to put us on hold and then didn’t. He said he’d call back and I told my husband he’d better or it will not be pretty

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow. So when you log onto ford tracking website, it says in production. When you said you called ford, is that the dealer or like their main customer service line? And than your dealer said they don’t think it’s there.
Definitely weird. Your dealer has tracking system that can determine exactly which step and location it’s at. My dealer would always send screenshots of it to me. It will say if it’s been released by the factory or not.

Reactions
See I wasn’t sure if that happened during QC or what, but I figured I might get an email saying it had been delayed which would make more sense. When we called the dealership the guy said he was going to put us on hold and then didn’t. He said he’d call back and I told my husband he’d better or it will not be pretty
I deleted the other post about QC because you responded when I typed it sorry...

Get the Sales Manager on the phone and get straight answers. There is obviously issues that need to be addressed that only a manager is probably going to be able to handle in a timely maner. The back and forth middle man is now over. Lost car, no communication is enough

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Long production process for these STs. Placed order on 11/20, and just got build date for 2/28.
Same order date. But I got a build date of 2/8.

Reactions
I deleted the other post about QC because you responded when I typed it sorry...

Get the Sales Manager on the phone and get straight answers. There is obviously issues that need to be addressed that only a manager is probably going to be able to handle in a timely maner. The back and forth middle man is now over. Lost car, no communication is enough
oh I’m right there with you. I’ve stayed on top of it because this is my first ever new car. I’ve been super excited about it and for the guy to tell me I’d be able to see more than he can is crap. I went in last weekend to ask a question about the final price and had the vin, United road number and everything and they said we see it’ll get here the 17th. That’s why I’ve been asking on here because it’s been an experience that’s for sure. It took the last 2 seconds in the ford chat to tell me it had been delivered and when we called the dealership they were like yeah I don’t think it is. I’m like wrong answer buddy.

Reactions
Just got another email from united roads… delivered to my dealer at 0642 this morning! I’m excited. Still waiting to hear from the dealer when they open

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Just got another email from united roads… delivered to my dealer at 0642 this morning! I’m excited. Still waiting to hear from the dealer when they open
Congrats

EOMFD

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
So what’s the average time from blend date, to built date to “out for delivery” these days. I’m sure there’s a delay from the holidays but I was really hoping to see my ST before 2022.
Blend Date of 20211209
Window sticker updated dates to yesterday…yesterday.
No movement on the tracker site but I’m assuming it will take a few more days.

Reactions
So what’s the average time from blend date, to built date to “out for delivery” these days. I’m sure there’s a delay from the holidays but I was really hoping to see my ST before 2022.
Blend Date of 20211209
Window sticker updated dates to yesterday…yesterday.
No movement on the tracker site but I’m assuming it will take a few more days.
My blend date was 11/24/21. It was marked shipped a week later and vin was on United road but my dealer notified me 12/2 that it had just been put on a rail car then 12/7 dealer notified me of rail car to port delivery then United roads sent an email to me this morning saying it’s been dropped off. I don’t know how long paperwork takes. I’m guessing a day or so.

Reactions
Blend Date of 20211209
-"In Production" -to- "Built" seems to be running close to on schedule within an day or two of the blend date on the window sticker before the status update change online.
-"Shipped" status appears to be anywhere from 1 day-1.5 weeks after. Ours took a full week.
-You should get another update that will provide you a Estimated Delivery Date window of about a week and a message saying this: Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built.

Last edited:
Reactions
oh I’m right there with you. I’ve stayed on top of it because this is my first ever new car. I’ve been super excited about it and for the guy to tell me I’d be able to see more than he can is crap. I went in last weekend to ask a question about the final price and had the vin, United road number and everything and they said we see it’ll get here the 17th. That’s why I’ve been asking on here because it’s been an experience that’s for sure. It took the last 2 seconds in the ford chat to tell me it had been delivered and when we called the dealership they were like yeah I don’t think it is. I’m like wrong answer buddy.
I didn't realize that the delivery window is still a week from now and there is a chance it showed up a week earlier than expected. You might be ahead of the dealership with information flow, granted someone at that location should know exactly when they take delivery of new inventory. That doesn't excuse the sales person you are dealing with from not providing accurate information in a timely manner... tracking fresh inventory off a truck may not be in that persons scope of responsibilities, but he should be keeping an eye out for his customers vehicles and provide speedy updates. I would still chat with a manager so everyone gets on the same sheet of music and allow a chance to rectify the situation.

Last edited:

VUDU350

Reactions
I hadn’t received anything from Ford on my vehicle. Called the dealership today and he said he’s not sure why I haven’t received anything. Owner called me back and looked it up and said it was put on a rail car yesterday expected in 10 days. He did say however with the holidays approaching it could be longer.

rls365

Reactions
Ours was finished being built on November 19. Loaded on rail car the 24th. Unloaded off railcar in Delaware on Dec 9th. Expected delivery date to dealer in Pennsylvania on Dec 14th.

Reactions
Update…it’s at the dealer, I’ll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. More to come…