Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Stephen

Reactions
Also miss the cup holders that the second row passengers could use on the back of the center console, now it’s just a hole at the bottom of the center console?!
I know they removed the floor console between the middle seats but I didn't know they changed the font console? I'd be a bit upset to lose both.

Reactions
on in production for a week so far, normal?

Reactions
Did anyone who placed their order back about Mid-August get a scheduled date yet? I saw some post that it took about 6 weeks to get a VIN and I ordered a 2022 so I know that was going to take longer, but didn't know if anyone had had any luck yet?

Reactions
Did anyone who placed their order back about Mid-August get a scheduled date yet? I saw some post that it took about 6 weeks to get a VIN and I ordered a 2022 so I know that was going to take longer, but didn't know if anyone had had any luck yet?
Not yet. Fingers crossed I'll get the Ford email notification tomorrow; apparently the scheduling happens weekly on Thursdays.

I put my order in on 06AUG with my salesman; as of last Friday it is "In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean Aug-12-2021, 10:48 EDT"

Reactions
Ordered mine on the 1st Sept. Here in Canada we don't have a way of tracking our orders, so we have to contact the dealer for any updates. Contacted the dealer a few days ago to see if there was an update. They stated the vehicle is in transit from the plant in Chicago, so hopefully it doesn't take to long to get to Edmonton.

Reactions
Anyone else gotten a VIN/Scheduling for a MY22? I put my order in Sept 14th... hoping to see something soon.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Anyone else gotten a VIN/Scheduling for a MY22? I put my order in Sept 14th... hoping to see something soon.
ordered mine 8/4. Have a vin and scheduled for production week of 11/8.

Reactions
Picked up the new ST a few hours ago. Sync3 needed to get updated. The small screen when CarPlay is in use is a bummer. Miss the coin holder the previous gen Explorer had. Also miss the cup holders that the second row passengers could use on the back of the center console, now it’s just a hole at the bottom of the center console?!

Need to find some front and center console organizers now. Anybody have any recommendations?
Did you get the tech package with the larger screen?

Reactions
Ugh so my build date was supposed to be the first week in October and when I didn't see any updates online I called my dealer only to find out that it moved to November 1st :( blah

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ugh so my build date was supposed to be the first week in October and when I didn't see any updates online I called my dealer only to find out that it moved to November 1st :( blah
did you originally order a 21? Sounds like your order may have been updated to a 22.

Reactions
I did order a '21, order confirmed June 25th, and my dealer confirmed that it's still a '21 even with the updated date. He stated that they are going to build '21's through the end of the year which goes against what some here say so I guess we'll see what happens...

Reactions
I did order a '21, order confirmed June 25th, and my dealer confirmed that it's still a '21 even with the updated date. He stated that they are going to build '21's through the end of the year which goes against what some here say so I guess we'll see what happens...
You could have them roll that into a 2022

Reactions
Is it worth it? The difference would remove the center console between the captains chairs and what else?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is it worth it? The difference would remove the center console between the captains chairs and what else?
class IV tow hitch. Maybe better/improved reliability? 21 improved over 20. Could only hope 22 is more refined than 21. Plus a year newer in general. But yeah, very minimal changes at best.

Reactions
Just got my ST scheduled for Dec 6th build. Put in my order 9/14.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Same as the above post. Ordered a 2022 on 9/14 and just received the Vin and slotted production date of Dec.6th.

Reactions
These three month timelines are annoying when I ordered 6/25 and just got pushed back 3 weeks to Nov 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
For what it's worth, I got mine in 3 months from the order date. Sometimes things go your way but the chip shortage is killing them.

Reactions
Confirmed order on 6/23/21 picked up the ST from the Dealer on 9/21/21. Got two key fobs. I was told other company's and maybe even Ford are only supplying one key fob because of the chip shortage and if you lose the fob could take up to a year to replace.