Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Ford will only build customer orders for a while. Dealers will not get new stock for their lots until late May.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/ford-dealers-will-not-receive-new-allocations-until-late-may/
Well, seeing that customer orders are probably not going to be "shipped" until early-to-mid May, that article pretty much means nothing. The 3-month bump (mine was 5.11) means, under these parameters, that it's only a 2-3 week difference.

Ford's been hoping that many shortages (read: chips) would mean getting their vehicles built and shipped more in the 2nd quarter. Yeah, right.

And the Explorers will be 'missing' some "non-safety" features, which may take another YEAR to receive!

Reactions
11/6/21 - Order placed and confirmed. Priority Code 19
11/18/22 - Scheduled for production on 1/6/22
1/10ish/22 - I could view BCM module communication information, estimated delivery of 2/5/22
2/4/22 - Estimated delivery pushed out to 5/6/22
2/14/22 - Built
2/23/22 - Shipped email from Ford, estimated delivery 3/8-3/14
03/04/22 - Delivery changed email from Ford, estimated delivery 4/30-5/6
03/14/22 - Delivered
03/15/22 - Final Prep Complete, the wait is over!! 19669362-6AA7-4186-B5D0-635C40EFCE2F.jpeg D0E60FC6-33B5-4184-B1F7-04BA24C1CFD3.jpeg

Darylalex78

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My ST has the one bolt subframe. I don't plan any mods on this. So honestly I'm not sure how to take the situation. If Ford decides to make ALL the new Explorers with the 1 bolt, what is anyone supposed to do? Certainly I can see where 2 is better. But Is the question really does the EXST need it for folks running it stock versus modded and tuned?? Thoughts?
There's a lot of bitching about the subframe. It's overblown. If you tune your vehicle and blow up the diff, then I'm sorry, in my mind you added another 100 hp to your car and expect Ford should just cover it? Really? If you don't tune it, how many have broken? Probably none. And I'm sick of hearing about anecdotal internet stories of these things just grenading for no reason. That might be what you tell your service department but I don't believe it. If you're not going to tune your car, run it at the dragstrip, and induce wheel hop, you are fine. And if it breaks without you tuning it, guess what- Ford will fix it under warranty for 5 years and 60k miles.

93coupe

Reactions
*INTERESTING*
According to ford website my is ST is still in production BUT dealer called and said we have possible expected delivery of April 3-9th!
Hmmm who do I believe??

Reactions
Min
*INTERESTING*
According to ford website my is ST is still in production BUT dealer called and said we have possible expected delivery of April 3-9th!
Hmmm who do I believe??
Mine went into production 3/1. Got an email two days ago that it was built and to expect it 3/27-4/2

93coupe

Reactions
Min

Mine went into production 3/1. Got an email two days ago that it was built and to expect it 3/27-4/2
Yea, that's the weird part. Never got a "built" email from ford and stills says
"in production " Yet still got the call from the dealer saying its builr and delivery should be April 3-9th. HOPEFULLY!

Reactions
Picked mine up today and loving it! Smooth transaction once it came in. If anyone was wondering, RWD also has the 3 bolt diff apparently.
647BC4D2-E022-42A2-AA59-F9CB4E438221.jpeg

Below is an overly detailed tracker for anyone curious about order timing. Note that PCM build data never showed up and it wasn’t shipped United Road, so those two things weren’t indicators for me.

116DEF18-856D-40DF-AD19-2DC9A6526BF3.jpeg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Love the Atlas Blue LOL.

Reactions
RWD ST, wow, how is It? faster? lighter? more responsive?

Reactions
RWD ST, wow, how is It? faster? lighter? more responsive?
Still taking it easy on it, accepting donations for a draggy to do some research once it’s broken in haha! I’d like to weigh it to see. If nothing else, less complex and cheaper sticker.

Reactions
I got the same email, I thought it would actually have some relevant information in it.

It didn't.

Efinkens

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
I found this on a dealers lot for MSRP. Since it matched the one I have on order and I still don’t have a build date, I grabbed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
I found this on a dealers lot for MSRP. Since it matched the on I have on order and I still don’t have a build date, I grabbed it.

Stone Blue? Nice!

Edit: Just saw the other thread. I, too, have the Stone Blue ordered. Beauty!

kane04

Reactions
I found this on a dealers lot for MSRP. Since it matched the on I have on order and I still don’t have a build date, I grabbed it.

That’s awesome congrats. How bad was the price difference?

Efinkens

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
I gave up the $1,000 special order discount but oddly, there was a $500 rebate on n the deal. So, net $500.

kane04

Reactions
I gave up the $1,000 special order discount but oddly, there was a $500 rebate on n the deal. So, net $500.

Can’t pass that up. I’d do the same if there was one available.