Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
11/6/21 - Order placed and confirmed. Priority Code 19
11/18/22 - Scheduled for production on 1/6/22
1/10ish/22 - I could view BCM module communication information, estimated delivery of 2/5/22
2/4/22 - Estimated delivery pushed out to 5/6/22
2/14/22 - Built
2/23/22 - Shipped email from Ford, estimated delivery 3/8-3/14
03/04/22 - Delivery changed email from Ford, estimated delivery 4/30-5/6

Reactions
11/6/21 - Order placed and confirmed. Priority Code 19
11/18/22 - Scheduled for production on 1/6/22
1/10ish/22 - I could view BCM module communication information, estimated delivery of 2/5/22
2/4/22 - Estimated delivery pushed out to 5/6/22
2/14/22 - Built
2/23/22 - Shipped email from Ford, estimated delivery 3/8-3/14
03/04/22 - Delivery changed email from Ford, estimated delivery 4/30-5/6
How is yours being shipped? Is it by Rail or Convoy? Maybe it could be that yours is affected by the recall and that's why your delivery date changed because it will have to be fixed once at the dealership. Either way it sucks and I hope you receive it a lot earlier than 4/30 - 5/6

Last edited:
Reactions
How is yours being shipped? Is it by Rail or Convoy?
Say Convoy on windows sticker, which doesn’t make sense to me. I figured it would be Rail to a train yard in MA or somewhere in the Northeast.

bud1970

Reactions
I live in Kansas,and was told by the dealer that my order will be rail from Chicago to Kansas city, and convoy from Kansas city to the dealership 300 miles away.

Edit: typed Detroit and meant Chicago

Last edited:

Kino

Reactions
How is yours being shipped? Is it by Rail or Convoy? Maybe it could be that yours is affected by the recall and that's why your delivery date changed because it will have to be fixed once at the dealership. Either way it sucks and I hope you receive it a lot earlier than 4/30 - 5/6
This recall (from https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-alert-2022-ford-explorer-lincoln-aviator-fire-risk/ )?:

...Just those with suspect parts, which Ford built between Dec. 6, 2021, to Jan. 3, 2022. Ford will use its records to identify those vehicles and contact their owners.

Kino

Reactions
I live in Kansas,and was told by the dealer that my order will be rail from Detroit to Kansas city, and convoy from Kansas city to the dealership 300 miles away.
Strange. Explorers are built on Chicago's far south side. Why take one all the way to Detroit then put on rail?

Reactions
This recall (from https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-alert-2022-ford-explorer-lincoln-aviator-fire-risk/ )?:

...Just those with suspect parts, which Ford built between Dec. 6, 2021, to Jan. 3, 2022. Ford will use its records to identify those vehicles and contact their owners.
I probably fall into to this category because I was scheduled for the week of 1/3

Edit: I checked on the Ford website and my VIN shows no recalls :unsure:

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

Last edited:
Reactions
I probably fall into to this category because I was scheduled for the week of 1/3
I've just seen several people that have the same time frame as you have their date changed and it's been because of the recall work . Even a dealership that's near me has an ST that they wanted to sale me but said it could be a few months due to recall work and something to do with getting parts for recall . I passed on that and decided to wait for mine to come in .

Reactions

Edit: I checked on the Ford website and my VIN shows no recalls :unsure:

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/
Thats great news! I wonder what the hold up could be then??

bud1970

Reactions
Strange. Explorers are built on Chicago's far south side. Why take one all the way to Detroit then put on rail?

My bad. Wasn't thinking when I typed it and meant Chicago not Detroit.

raydogg888

Reactions
I ordered on 12/14 and still don’t have anything but an order confirmation. Anyone order before or near me who is still in the same boat?

Reactions
So what will you guys do about the wrong subframe? Since that been a common thing with ford production line.

Reactions
My ST is being shipped by Convoy, What website can I use to track it?

Reactions
I don't know. What will you do?
I just check a lady’s brand new 22 ST at the dealership and told she should switch out subframes with the 2020 model the dealership bought back due to being filled with problems.

Are you guys okay with the wrong subframe?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just an FYI for y'all:

I noticed that palsapp took their shipping tracker offline. I created an alternative!

Check out my forum post about it here New Site to Track Vehicle Order
TL;DR: I'm a software engineer. I hated the current tracker. I created a new one: ordertrack.app

supergordo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I just check a lady’s brand new 22 ST at the dealership and told she should switch out subframes with the 2020 model the dealership bought back due to being filled with problems.

Are you guys okay with the wrong subframe?
My ST has the one bolt subframe. I don't plan any mods on this. So honestly I'm not sure how to take the situation. If Ford decides to make ALL the new Explorers with the 1 bolt, what is anyone supposed to do? Certainly I can see where 2 is better. But Is the question really does the EXST need it for folks running it stock versus modded and tuned?? Thoughts?

Last edited:

BeefStew

Reactions
4 months doesn’t seem too long of a wait - just picked her up
58AA5F53-8D4D-4F97-B030-7E6014578D01.jpeg

Reactions
4 months doesn’t seem too long of a wait - just picked her up
View attachment 10768
Nice! I saw a load of Explorers (not STs as far as I could tell) going westbound on I-80 down by I-355 Thursday on a carrier. It seems some are being shipped.