Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Maybe the Ford “Window Sticker” division is now part of the UAW Strike?

Kahuna

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer
Curious, any luck?
Nope. Ford said it would be delivered by 09/17/2023. Still hasn't shipped. The waiting game continues.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My car has been built since 5/4. Was always able to view my Window Sticker, now it says "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle." What in the hell is going on! This is so absurd.

Midland35

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I placed a deposit on an ST in early July for a car that was ordered by the dealer. It was built in April, but was still "in production" according to the tracker as of late last week. I presume it is in the Chicago Speedway purgatory awaiting a camera. Since the dealer could not give me any information as to what or when something was going to happen, I started looking at inventory at other dealers in the area. On Saturday, lo and behold, I found the exact version and color I was looking for at another dealer near me. I went up there and it turns out it was just assembled on 8/31 but had the 360 camera delete and therefore they could sell it. It appears that this is the way they are all coming off the assembly line now. I drove it home yesterday. Yay! :)

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I placed a deposit on an ST in early July for a car that was ordered by the dealer. It was built in April, but was still "in production" according to the tracker as of late last week. I presume it is in the Chicago Speedway purgatory awaiting a camera. Since the dealer could not give me any information as to what or when something was going to happen, I started looking at inventory at other dealers in the area. On Saturday, lo and behold, I found the exact version and color I was looking for at another dealer near me. I went up there and it turns out it was just assembled on 8/31 but had the 360 camera delete and therefore they could sell it. It appears that this is the way they are all coming off the assembly line now. I drove it home yesterday. Yay! :)

Mine was built April 25th or so. Sat in Chicago until late August, it was moved to Detroit/Warren/Dearborn? by some consulting firm. Was originally rescheduled to the 19th which has come and gone. Now, another week to 10 days..or?

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.

Kahuna

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer
Nope. Ford said it would be delivered by 09/17/2023. Still hasn't shipped. The waiting game continues.
I just heard today that the delivery date is now between 09/20 - 09/27. For a vehicle ordered on February 3'd, this is beyond crazy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
After many delays ..... another delay

Yesterday was Sept 22, today is September 24th:)

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Congrads

gorcbor24

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Someone over on the r/FordExplorer sub-Reddit shared that the latest from the NHTSA website shows:

Planned Dealer Notification Date: Oct. 23, 2023 - Oct 28, 2023
Planned Owner Notification Date: Nov 24, 2023 - Dec 04, 2023

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Not sure if this will give any hope, but I had a meeting in downstate IL yesterday. As I was driving down I57 I passed about 5 carriers loaded with Explorers. Looked like a mix of models, including Interceptors. Don't know if they were coming from the plant or the Chicago Speedway.

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
At the least Explorers are moving to somewhere. Does anyone know if the camera fix can happen at the racetrack, or do they have to return to the plant? Were the vehicles driven or hauled to the race track. That might give a clue as to what AOSRYJP witnessed this morning.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
At the least Explorers are moving to somewhere. Does anyone know if the camera fix can happen at the racetrack, or do they have to return to the plant? Were the vehicles driven or hauled to the race track. That might give a clue as to what AOSRYJP witnessed this morning.
From a logistics standpoint any repairs of vehicles would need to occur at a central hub facility(factory or secondary repair center) the entire vehicle would have to go through final checks after repairs just like factory line finishing checks again. Both to check repairs are satisfactory and to clean/buff/install final protective items for shipment. It's always surprising how much damage can occur from just sitting on a lot for prolonged periods of time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT
My car has been built since 5/4. Was always able to view my Window Sticker, now it says "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle." What in the hell is going on! This is so absurd.
I just checked for my window sticker ... which was there before but I got this instead....

Attachments

MrMark

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
For what it is worth, I get the same error for mine which was delivered to the dealership this week.
I am hoping to pick it up this weekend but I do know that the sticker was available after they shipped it and that the sticker had not changed since it went into production on may 3rd.
My guess is that they are having some sort of general problem that results in this error rather than something changing with your vehicle.

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well, something might be happening with our ST order because today I see the first change in the order tracking website since it started to show “In Production: 5/3/2023”. It now shows “Built: 9/21/2023”. It’s almost like Christmas is coming!!!

Attachments

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Well, something might be happening with our ST order because today I see the first change in the order tracking website since it started to show “In Production: 5/3/2023”. It now shows “Built: 9/21/2023”. It’s almost like Christmas is coming!!!
Hope that you get it soon!

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Even with the change in our order tracking now showing the ST is built, the Window Sticker is still not accessible. I’m thinking there is some sort of technical issue with whatever Server handles those files?

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Oh wow that is good news! I have pretty much identical dates to yours, hopefully that means my BUILT date updates soon! Hopefully that means it's shipping, good luck! Keep us posted.

MrMark

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
UPDATE: I am picking up my ST today. It had been stuck in production since May 3rd. Just confirmed with the salesman that it has the full 360 camera.

Explorer ST Posts