Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Out of curiousity, has anyone here recently checked and seen their order actually shipped?
I haven't heard of any new build being shipped from factory to dealer since this stop-sale started. My order still says "in production" though my dealer assures me it's built. I agree with Jerbroni... it feels like we're looking at 2024 to get our new builds released to us. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but it's almost September and not a single instance of anyone receiving an ordered Explorer ST - and if it's true there's 20,000 of them languishing that will need sorting through? I'd like to be optimistic, but 2023 delivery dates don't seem reasonable right now to those of us who have not put any money down on our new build orders.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
I first seen it on here from a Red Deer AB poster and then my sales rep told me when I did a Wednesday follow up - without prompt. So they must be getting some kind of Corporate incentives to keep us from just asking for our deposits back. Howard
I have received a 1000.00 incentive from my Red Deer, Alberta dealer. I'm the one who mentioned it. I ordered my ST in February and was biuld may 3. I'm very fortunate I only had to place $500.00 CAD as a deposit that's refundable at any time. Im planning to leverage my order for the high end extended warranty at no charge to me once it finally arrives plus a few other small things. We will see how it goes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Any word on explorers sitting on dealership parking lots that are on the stop sale recall? I have paid $500 to hold the ST sitting on my dealership lot. Thankfully my dealership isn’t putting any financing in until they can deliver the car to me. I haven’t seen updates on current ST’s sitting on dealership lots. New to this forum as well.

Last edited:
Reactions
I would love to see how the demographics have changed in Ford engineering and quality department since 2016 wasn't that the first year of big layoffs of the tenured employees that knew what they were doing......

The 2020 Explorer should have been in the initial design phase at that point......

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Pretty sure the ST is not part of the stop sale.
I read the article, but it's been a few hours, and a couple beers.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Seems like any Explorer with a the 360 cameras are currently stop saled. And possibly even more of a cluster if you have any of the other issues too, per that article.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I should of said stop build. My b.

Kerri

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer St
Here is my story.
Thursday July 6 2023 I purchased a 2023 Ford Explorer ST that was in stock at a local dealer in Ontario Canada. I was basically forced to look for a new vehicle as I had a 2023 Ram TRX that had been attempted to be stolen 3 times in the 5 months I owned it. I considered trading the truck for Durango but one with similar equipment was close to 100k when the Explorer ST was 67k. When I bought the ST the dealer said that I couldn't pick it up for 2 weeks because of the camera recall, I said not an issue, that's fine. 2 weeks go by and nothing. I then get a call from my dealer saying that I need to drop my trade off in order to get the trade value they quoted me but that the ST will be released in 10 days and they will just drop it off at my house. Ok no problem. They have had my trade since July 21 and I still have no ST. I have looked around and tried to do deals on other vehicles but they are all offering $17,500 k less than this dealer did for my truck because carfax is now reporting $8700 vandalism on my TRX trade when a couple months ago it only reported $4400.00. I am completely stuck now and not to mention I have to rent a truck any time I want to use my seadoos. There are over 400,000 vehicles that require the fix for this and only 17 minor accidents because of the back up camera. I have no problem taking the vehicle and taking it in for the repair once the fix is available. In my opinion the cameras on vehicles are added luxury and if you cant park or back up without relying on it then you probably shouldn't be driving. No to mention I also own a 2004 Mustang Cobra that has no back up camera that I have no issues driving. I continue to call Ford Canada every day, and have reached out to new and media to try and take this further.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Here is my story.
Thursday July 6 2023 I purchased a 2023 Ford Explorer ST that was in stock at a local dealer in Ontario Canada. I was basically forced to look for a new vehicle as I had a 2023 Ram TRX that had been attempted to be stolen 3 times in the 5 months I owned it. I considered trading the truck for Durango but one with similar equipment was close to 100k when the Explorer ST was 67k. When I bought the ST the dealer said that I couldn't pick it up for 2 weeks because of the camera recall, I said not an issue, that's fine. 2 weeks go by and nothing. I then get a call from my dealer saying that I need to drop my trade off in order to get the trade value they quoted me but that the ST will be released in 10 days and they will just drop it off at my house. Ok no problem. They have had my trade since July 21 and I still have no ST. I have looked around and tried to do deals on other vehicles but they are all offering $17,500 k less than this dealer did for my truck because carfax is now reporting $8700 vandalism on my TRX trade when a couple months ago it only reported $4400.00. I am completely stuck now and not to mention I have to rent a truck any time I want to use my seadoos. There are over 400,000 vehicles that require the fix for this and only 17 minor accidents because of the back up camera. I have no problem taking the vehicle and taking it in for the repair once the fix is available. In my opinion the cameras on vehicles are added luxury and if you cant park or back up without relying on it then you probably shouldn't be driving. No to mention I also own a 2004 Mustang Cobra that has no back up camera that I have no issues driving. I continue to call Ford Canada every day, and have reached out to new and media to try and take this further.
That is my exact thoughts as well. If you cannot park/back up without the camera then you shouldn't be driving. I think we should be able to sign waivers allowing them to release the vehicles to us and bring them in once the permanent fix is ready. Someone on here (I believe) said it was now a law in the US that cars must have back up cameras and that is why Ford won't release them due to the heavy fines they will have, if they do. So I am not sure about Canada, but someone else had posted in this group that another country had no recalls on them so it's all so very confusing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
There is a law here as well (I’m in Ontario myself), requiring a backup camera on every new car.

Keeping that in mind, this stop sale was released by order of the NHTSA - NOT by any Canadian authority. The reason for the stop sale was the continued reporting of “occasional” issues with it not displaying, which by Ford and most other manufacturer’s standards would necessitate a recall - which has been done a few times with band aid fixes that haven’t worked to 100%. As such, if I had been Ford, I would have continued shipping Canadian vehicles, or at least done some legwork with proper, honest communication to both the client base and dealership networks. They have done squat.

I’m booking rental cars and Uber pet now because of some recurring health issues with our pup (Murphy’s law, right?), and I was hoping to have the car here in 2 weeks after months of delays and a “final” arrival date that was provided the other month. As of yesterday, the dealer has confirmed that they are still holding my car in Chicago… so when I will actually receive it is anyone’s guess. Will probably buy something else and dump my 2 door while I wait for the neverending mess to end.

If you are going to the media, then please feel free to show them this thread and reach out to me if you want other resources that I have been following on the regular exploreforum, social media, and lincoln aviator groups (same recall, same plant, same challenges). Ford should be held accountable for messing with their customers like this. Just activate the rear only camera if full 360 is commbus problem, and let people drive their cars - we need them.

…. And as a sidenote re. driving without a backup cam, if I had a penny for every time that I cursed at others for being visibly incapable of operating a motor vehicke - and had their skills checked out by a facebook-level independent fact checker - I would have had enough money by now to buy up Amazon and Jeff Bezos whole.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST Line
Here is my story.
Im from Ontario Canada, just wondering when you call Ford Canada, what have they been telling you? I have not yet called but curious if it’s worth a shot or not. I feel like I’m getting the run around and never any straight answers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Seems like any Explorer with a the 360 cameras are currently stop saled. And possibly even more of a cluster if you have any of the other issues too, per that article.
Bingo

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That is my exact thoughts as well. If you cannot park/back up without the camera then you shouldn't be driving. I think we should be able to sign waivers allowing them to release the vehicles to us and bring them in once the permanent fix is ready. Someone on here (I believe) said it was now a law in the US that cars must have back up cameras and that is why Ford won't release them due to the heavy fines they will have, if they do. So I am not sure about Canada, but someone else had posted in this group that another country had no recalls on them so it's all so very confusing.
100%. It's a luxury, not a real safety issue. I would sign a waiver, and also let them remove the entire 360 camera system and still pay the original invoice! But there have been reported accidents "due" to the failing 360 cam... enough to lead to a recall. So now Ford has puckered up entered into CYA Mode, which is probably why they won't sell in Canada either. How would it look if they refused to sell in the US but released them in Canada? (I'd be over the border buying a car, probably lol). I am also guessing there might be some actual supply chain issues as well (even though that excuse is overplayed by everyone these days) affecting the permanent fix to this problem. All of that is semi-understandable... Ford's communication to their loyal customers, however, is not. I guarantee you the foreman of the Chicago plant can tap on his/her iPad right now and see the exact status, location, and next steps for our vehicles... but we are in the dark. We accept that life is complicated, but no one appreciates being kept in the dark!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Keep hearing a fix is in the works for the camera issue, yet crickets. Dealer still never acknowledged a stop sale, just it’s coming the August 24-30. Such BS.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Keep hearing a fix is in the works for the camera issue, yet crickets. Dealer still never acknowledged a stop sale, just it’s coming the August 24-30. Such BS.
Fix expected by 2036!

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
my ford dealer actually gave me the option of getting the recall done because they know it does not work. i got it done anyway, but I wasn't having blue screen issues to begin with other than a couple of times like 4 months ago.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
On a side note, I drove by another lot FULL of Explorers in an old shut down manufacturing plant in Romeoville. Had to be thousands of parked new explorers. Can’t imagine the logistics of pulling all these, adding parts, and shipping them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So I just talked to my salesman as I was supposed to get our newly transferred purchase from the st that was sitting on the lot to one that was “inbound” and supposed to arrive on the 18th. I was told and I’m copying and pasting here “ Told that no ST explorer has left the plant and they’re ALL still there with no ETA. ” my salesman also said that management is getting upset with our salesman because he keeps inquiring about the vehicle that management suggest we move into…..