Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The only reason I don’t want to go with the option of them paying it off and finding a new vehicle is having to run my credit again so soon and the interest rates being higher now. How does a property transfer work?
The property transfer is something the dealer is working with the bank, so essentially they are working with the bank to swap the VIN on my loan.

Newshades62

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer Platinum Jewell Red
New guy to this topic – 360 Camera
Waiting on delivery and trying to figure a timeline. Reserved an Explorer that was confirmed order 4/8/23 and scheduled production 7/24/23 last 5 of VIN - 51669. My window sticker does NOT have the 360 Camera listed. My questions: What date/VIN vehicles are being delivered from the factory?

cdast

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Can you provide more info on this ? My dealer basically made it sound like I was stuck in my deal because I’ve made payments even though they have a recall free unit with the same specs sitting on the lot now…
I was originally told that it was too late to "unwind" the deal because the loan was funded. They told me that it was a now a used car and they would try to give me the best trade-in value they can....

I reached out to management and they told me that they could provide a rescission because Ford had not yet registered the sale. From what I have seen elsewhere, it may be that Ford will not register the sale of any ST until they are officially released from the recall (this part is partially speculation on my part as I don't understand Ford's internal process). If that is the case, anyone who purchased during the recall should be able to back out without losing money but you may have to bypass your sales people to get there.

okayestwhitebelt

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I was originally told that it was too late to "unwind" the deal because the loan was funded. They told me that it was a now a used car and they would try to give me the best trade-in value they can....

I reached out to management and they told me that they could provide a rescission because Ford had not yet registered the sale. From what I have seen elsewhere, it may be that Ford will not register the sale of any ST until they are officially released from the recall (this part is partially speculation on my part as I don't understand Ford's internal process). If that is the case, anyone who purchased during the recall should be able to back out without losing money but you may have to bypass your sales people to get there.
The term rescission was more so what I was wanting to clarify and get more info on that process. Yes to my understanding my load has gone through ford financing but my dealer hasn’t marked the car delivered. So if I’m understanding correctly this should still be an option for me. Just wondering why my dealer hasn’t provided this option. When they have a recall free unit on the lot. They are loosing money in terms of payment reimbursement to me and a loaner car of theirs I’m devaluing daily.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My situation is nearly identical. Ordered 3/31, original production date of 6/5, pushed back to 7/24. In production since 7/24 but also received the 45 day supply chain email. Dealer says it's built. But after reading your post, I also googled my VIN (thank you), and lo and behold it appears on my dealers website as a new vehicle and the photos say "not in stock - in transit." I just emailed my dealership asking if this was good news. Will see what they say. I too previously asked them about the stop sale and they avoided the question, just telling me they'll tell me when they hear something but that their computer showed a dealership date of 8/27-9/02. Hopefully this train is rolling... literally.

That's a stock photo from Ford. It doesn't mean it's moving.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ive been seeing some without the recall starting to pull up in Dealers near me, but they wont release them saying "Ford still has the stop sales on ALL ST's" :(.

cdast

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The term rescission was more so what I was wanting to clarify and get more info on that process. Yes to my understanding my load has gone through ford financing but my dealer hasn’t marked the car delivered. So if I’m understanding correctly this should still be an option for me. Just wondering why my dealer hasn’t provided this option. When they have a recall free unit on the lot. They are loosing money in terms of payment reimbursement to me and a loaner car of theirs I’m devaluing daily.
The term rescission comes from the document they gave me (entitled "Rescission and Release of All Claims") that they use to establish that the deal is unwound. It basically states that neither party has any further claims against each other related to vehicle purchase and that the deal is no longer valid (dealership keeps the car and buyer doesn't have to pay). It appears to be a standard template that they used so I assume other dealerships would use something similar.

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I am still here reading what the hell is going on and it takes my breathe away. Our ST with everything on it got delivered to us on 8/9/23. We purchased it on May 20, 2023 at the dealership and somehow got it last week. So far everything seems to work correctly. I don't know how the dealer pulled it off but here it is. I think it is time for pulling out the Voodoo dolls and sticking pins in it. Can hurt at this point.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My dealership told me that the only way your way of getting your ST would've worked is if i would've been paying the car already, since technically its now considered a vehicle that's on the road already. The rest of us that only put that $500 hold are pretty much stuck until the Stop is lifted. At this point Ford should just release a Wavier for us to sign so we could get our Vehicles already.

I am still here reading what the hell is going on and it takes my breathe away. Our ST with everything on it got delivered to us on 8/9/23. We purchased it on May 20, 2023 at the dealership and somehow got it last week. So far everything seems to work correctly. I don't know how the dealer pulled it off but here it is. I think it is time for pulling out the Voodoo dolls and sticking pins in it. Can hurt at this point.

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
That could be correct as we put a fairly large deposit down and they pushed the financing through on May 20, 2023. We already made payments for two months before we took delivery on 8/9. The dealership told my wife the finance guy was not supposed to push the financing through went he did. (Mistake?) Well I guess it worked out to our advantage as the dealer delivered the car with the fixes available on 8/9. Likely, if we just put a deposit down on the Explorer we would not have ours either. To echo a phase from our famous president "God Save the Queen!" Maybe we need to adjust it to "God Save the Ford Explorer!" It appears that is the only hope Ford has left.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
We put a large deposit down as well. We start making payments on the vehicle on 9/15. I wonder what that would mean for us. If the fix isn't suppose to be until middle of Q4 (November) by then we may be 2 or 3 payments in.

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I think your dealer could be "pushed" into releasing the car you are paying for. My guess is your dealership moved all the paperwork through at the time you made the purchase and the car is registered in your name. Is that correct? My dealer made it happen in the exact same position of the deal. I wish I could tell you how my dealer got it done but I do not know the working behind the scene. I do remember telling the dealer if they could not deliver the Explorer as promised on 8/7/23 I wanted to unwind the deal and we would part friends. Maybe seeing a $20,000.00 down payment walk out the door and into another competitor's showroom helped get the car released. They knew I was dead serious about it and money talks -- BullS__t walks.

okayestwhitebelt

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I really think your dealer took a risk and “delivered “ a car with an interim fix that they weren’t supposed to because you put down such a large down payment. That notice from ford to to the dealers says they aren’t to deliver any vehicles with the interim fix… I’ve made two payments my load was approved through ford financial but the vehicle hasn’t been officially marked delivered so it still shows in the dealers inventory…

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did this picture "pop up" when you googled your VIN? No picture pops up for me, just an in transit message. Interesting it's sitting in front of train!
The dealer's web page popped up and the picture was from the dealer's website. They replied to my email and said, "Those are computer-generated pictures Ford supplies to dealerships once cars are built. I don't see any updates on my end unfortunately. I'll check again on Monday and let you know if there is any updates."
I checked similar photos of other models on their website and he's right... those photos are bogus lol. I feel kinda dumb, but hey, I was excited and hopeful for a split second. I zoomed in on the pics of the dash screen on multiple Explorer models on their website and they all display "Jason's phone" and the exact same song playing on the screen. So, not "real" photos obviously. I'm way, way, way too invested in this lol. Still hopefully a good sign that the search results yielded a connection between my VIN and my dealership. I'll just continue to play the waiting game and let you guys know if anything happens.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That's a stock photo from Ford. It doesn't mean it's moving.
Thanks, I know you're right! I was in denial for a minute and let wishful thinking get the best of me.

BIG ACH

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer Sport
This is extremely annoying! Extremely!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
We will know soon enough if September is viable or whether it was just a generic new date submitted for everyone’s cars sitting in Chicago. If indeed true, they should be shipping any day now (or already shipped).

If I don’t see my car shipped off by end of the month then chances are it will be time to say goodbye to Ford. Love my dealer, but as we have nothing to drive now other than a RWD, I can’t wait forever, especially with winter coming.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
So I contacted FORD today thru Ford Chat. I grilled the rep for about a hour, he told me that “my vehicle will be delivered as planned to my dealer between 9-12 and 9-18 however the fix will not be done” and “that there is the fix that came out in August and that I should contact my dealer to see if they would release the vehicle with that update”. I’m thinking that they finally trying to move these cars. I hope they start talking to their lawyer so they can start working up that waiver and start releasing these cars…

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Thanks! That’s what they came back and offered me, I’m just not sure which to pick now!
Thanks, I know you're right! I was in denial for a minute and let wishful thinking get the best of me.