Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

For those with zfg 93 tune

Reactions
Just for curiosity sake how long does Adam usually take to reach out after you purchase the tune? I ordered Friday evening so I'm not in a rush but I'm def excited to get started.

Reactions
Well I just did mine this morning took me a few minutes to figure it out but I pulled my stock file and it has been sent off to Adam. Hopefully I get it back pretty quickly. Can't wait to see how it goes.

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
Well I just did mine this morning took me a few minutes to figure it out but I pulled my stock file and it has been sent off to Adam. Hopefully I get it back pretty quickly. Can't wait to see how it goes.
Pretty much a day or two. Three at most if he’s swamped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Curious as to have many adjustment revisions you guys have had? From the first initial one thats sent too you....?

Reactions
Curious as to have many adjustment revisions you guys have had? From the first initial one thats sent too you....?
One revision then the tune was spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah, I think it was only one revision. Adam “knows things”, so the initial map is very good , but he needs to see how your car performs with it to know what needs a bit of adjustment. Based on your requests and feedback it may take a few more, but not likely unless you’re looking for something very specific in the data.

Reactions
So I'm a little nervous I messed up with my RTD, I registered it under my existing HPtuners account I use for my MVPI1 for my GM stuff. Different email than the one I purchased my tune from ZFG with. Is that going to be an issue?

Reactions
I am beyond anxious it's been A-day have heard nothing yet .... I know it takes time to get to it but but Jesus my nerves are through the roof waiting to get this tune lol.

Reactions
Appear to have gotten my issue lined out and have him added in the TDN... curious to hear your first impressions, I know the feeling, not in a hurry but I'm excited to see how its gonna feel!

Reactions
I didn't ask him for anything since he's the tuner and has been doing Ecoboost engines for a long time. I figure he knows what he's doing. I haven't been able to do a 1/4 mile time yet but I have the 93 tune, stock downpipes, Whipple IC and Thermal R&D exhaust with midpipes. I'm really pleased with what he has given me. I'll resubmit logs when I get the afe CAI and the Fenfab charge pipes on both sides.

Attachments

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Good to hear you are happy so far!

I got a dragy to play with when mine comes in. I've also got a pile of parts waiting to install. I'm going to try and do a comparison with each thing i add. Going to start with DP's, Thermal exhaust, and a Whipple then a tune after I put some miles on. Today it was -20 degrees so it would not be a good day to compare mods. Heck at that temp I bet it would almost feel like I had a tune :) Hopefully I can find some similar weather days to do the testing. Not exactly dyno pulls but the dragy looks to be pretty accurate for a gps unit.

Reactions
still waiting on mine, must be backed up a bit im guessing....

Reactions
100% worth the wait, I expected to be happy, I didnt expect to be this impressed. Its amazing the difference it makes. So far havent been able to get a valid dragy slip but have an invalid 12.40 pass (low signal). Going to try to back it up this week with a valid one. If anyone's on the fence about doing a tune... trust me you wont regret it!

Reactions
100% worth the wait, I expected to be happy, I didnt expect to be this impressed. Its amazing the difference it makes. So far havent been able to get a valid dragy slip but have an invalid 12.40 pass (low signal). Going to try to back it up this week with a valid one. If anyone's on the fence about doing a tune... trust me you wont regret it!
If your dragy is more than a year old, try keeping it plugged into the usb when you do the run. My battery is so weak I have to have it charging for a good 15 minutes before the low sats message goes away when I connect anytime I let it sit unplugged more than a day or two.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If your dragy is more than a year old, try keeping it plugged into the usb when you do the run. My battery is so weak I have to have it charging for a good 15 minutes before the low sats message goes away when I connect anytime I let it sit unplugged more than a day or two.
That's disappointing. Any diy replacement options? At least I get a few years out of a phone battery.

Reactions
That's disappointing. Any diy replacement options? At least I get a few years out of a phone battery.
Not that I have seen. I've thought about tearing mine apart and trying to find a replacement that works but haven't taken that leap of faith so far.

Reactions
Download the TDN device on your mobile device. U can sit in the house and do the registration and pairing process. Over WiFi and download the necessary firmware updates , etc. then when u are ready go to your car and I believe the first file is pulling the stock tune so the car is not started just in the ignition on position and u let it do it’s thing. The gauge will flash or go dark possibly but that’s normal all the on screen instructions will be right on your phone

So there’s a way to pull the data and log the runs through your phone? iPhone included?

Everything I’ve been reading said you needed a pc and as a Mac family I was trying to figure out what to do.

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #38
So there’s a way to pull the data and log the runs through your phone? iPhone included?

Everything I’ve been reading said you needed a pc and as a Mac family I was trying to figure out what to do.

Yes sir I did the whole tun via phone and rtd device from zfg

Reactions
Yep, all through the phone here. I have HP Tuners regular VCM suite for my GM stuff but didnt have to touch it, the RTD links directly to your phone via bluetooth. Make sure you read through the info ZFG has on his site, he walks you through it all. You have to put in a service request for each step. Super easy process.

Reactions
Awesome!! You need the bluetooth HP Tuner I assume then right? or are they all bluetooth?