Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exhaust advice

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
The system mounted right at the factory downpipes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ah okay thanks, I had an issue with my installation today because I have Spd 3inch down pipes, i posted about it, so the exhaust is only direct fitment with OEM down pipes.

T5ewell

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I’m looking to do a Resonator only, no muffler exhaust system in my st. Does anyone know if I could buy the thermal 3” resonator seperate from the full system? I want to do a custom 3” catback with only the bigger middle resonator and 3” all the way back. Been having a hard time deciding on what 3” will actually help the drone. Still on stock exhiast now

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
To reply to my post from back in June. First, don’t do what I did. I’ve spent way too much money just to make this thing sound better. Do it right the first time and buy a complete kit.

The MBRP axle back I had made a lot of drone. So I put those vibrant resonators in and it helped a good bit. 6 months later the drone has come back. It’s been annoying to me and my wife.

So I took the liberty and got myself a Christmas present and did the complete 2.5” thermal R&D kit with mid pipes. I should have done that from the beginning. It’s perfect. Zero drone. Zero. Sounds great. Not overbearing or obnoxious loud and i installed it all in my garage using a set of ramps. But once cry once. Just get the complete thermal 2.5” kit and call it a day. Love this kit and the way it all turned out. And there is no more flex pipe rattle when I turn the car off. Those stock mid pipes suck, even on the 2022.

thanks to the guys at lethal performance for hooking me up and it arrived before Christmas which was even better! Now for some rippin and tearin.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I was thinking the Thermal 2.5 system as i feel like the 3 inch will be too loud for my likings, But I want to hear more sound clips of the CP-E system before i decide. I have been waiting for months for a few different people that said they would post more sound clips on facebook groups to do so. I am hope Woosh comes through soon with some.

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yea the 3” seemed a little too deep and not something I needed as I don’t really plan any other performance mods aside from a maybe a tune in a couple years. Very happy with the way this 2.5” kit turned out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The MBRP axle back I had made a lot of drone. So I put those vibrant resonators in and it helped a good bit. 6 months later the drone has come back. It’s been annoying to me and my wife.
Yup agree, the MBRP definitely drones. If you go with aftermarket mid-pipes it’s even more amplified. So I got the X-pipe that comes part of the system replaced with a muffler at a exhaust shop and now 95% of the drone is gone. If any1 is thinking about an exhaust definitely skip the MBRP.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I absolutely love the 2.5 Thermal. As I get older I have found that my desire for loudness has declined significantly. While I still love the sound of open headers on a v8, I have found that quieter is better on my DD…..but not too quiet. For me, the Thermal is the absolute sweet spot. Not too loud when tooling around town but sounds really good when I get on it. No hint of drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Yup agree, the MBRP definitely drones. If you go with aftermarket mid-pipes it’s even more amplified. So I got the X-pipe that comes part of the system replaced with a muffler at a exhaust shop and now 95% of the drone is gone. If any1 is thinking about an exhaust definitely skip the MBRP.
After driving mustangs with flow masters and h pipes for years I guess I like the drone, I love the mbrp axle back. I only hear it if the radio is low and last time that happened my sister in law was in truck so the drone was a nice distraction.....lol