Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dirty Dan Build

Reactions
Finally got this back from the hydro dipper. Not super easy to photograph but........y'all get the gist of it. I went with a matte clear finish, because I'm just not big on super shiny stuff. I love it!

I'll post installed pics once it's done.

View attachment 10846
Wow! That looks good! Not only does the intake beef up under the hood but the color change gives it more pop! Only a matter of time before we see a red version :)

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #82
Got this sweet CAI installed.

Please understand, it did not fit with the Fenfab coolant reservoir however, I am working directly with Brett to rectify this so that he can sell more of his coolant reservoirs to those who opt to go the aFe Power route for their CAI.

Once I have the revised coolant reservoir back and installed, I will update the pic and I'm sure that Fenfab will begin offering options for the reservoir, so you can order the appropriate one for your needs.

20220326_171939.jpg

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #83
Slid into homeplate with a Best of Show award for our Car and Truck Club at the 2022 Spring Charlotte Auto Fair. Over 60 clubs in attendance and they paraded all Best of Show club winners on winner's circle for the crowd.

Pretty cool experience.

Next up, NHRA bracket race this coming Saturday. Then 12.0 index race in Rockingham, NC on the 30th.
FB_IMG_1649629484780.jpg FB_IMG_1649629493665.jpg FB_IMG_1649629498685.jpg FB_IMG_1649629582833.jpg

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #84
Finally received the "revised" Fenfabrication coolant reservoir. This one works with the aFe Power CAI. The previous version does NOT work with the aFe Power CAI.

This completes my engine bay and looks amazing. Please, reach out to Fenfabrication/Brett Fenning for any custom ST touches you may be looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #85
Oof! Loving this lighting accent for the front grille/intercooler. Multi-color LED's.
Will mostly be used for car shows and the drag strip, but a very nice touch if I say so myself!

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Finally received the "revised" Fenfabrication coolant reservoir. This one works with the aFe Power CAI. The previous version does NOT work with the aFe Power CAI.

This completes my engine bay and looks amazing. Please, reach out to Fenfabrication/Brett Fenning for any custom ST touches you may be looking for.
Love it! This is the look I'm going for. instead of the blue carbon, I'll be paint matching the other blue powder coat. Looks amazing!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Oof! Loving this lighting accent for the front grille/intercooler. Multi-color LED's.
Will mostly be used for car shows and the drag strip, but a very nice touch if I say so myself!
Which LED kit did you go with? How is it controlled?

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #88
Which LED kit did you go with? How is it controlled?
It's a 24" Type S multi color kit from Auto Zone. I hard wired it and it's remote controlled. Dimming, strobing, blinking, fading. Only like $45.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #89
Game Changer! Looking forward to installing and testing this, more than any other part I've installed on this ST. Hoping to gain more consistency on my reaction times, as well a 1/8 and 1/4 mile times.

Lets' F'ing GO!!!!!

Attachments

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #90
An additional @ZFGracing E50 tune and colder plugs inbound. Dirty Dan about to get a little rowdier. Count it.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #91
I have a co-worker designing a custom 3D printed gauge/launch controller pod for me, to go inside the front, center console cubby area.

This gauge pod will house the launch controller button, the set screw, the kill switch and my ethanol sensor gauge.

It will also still allow access and use of the cigarette lighter plug in and USB's.

Cannot wait for the final product. For now, here is a rendering.

20220613_073223.jpg

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #92
New Velgen VF5's, 22" x 10.5" +30 offset. Brushed Titanium.

Wrapped in Michelin Super Sport 305/35 rubber.

Looks great, but a trip to the strip will let me know how I really feel.

This new wheel and tire setup shaves 7.6 pounds per corner off. Total weight reduction of 30.4 pounds.
20220613_163345.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #93
New @Whoosh Motorsports downpipes arrived over the weekend. Having them installed on Wednesday, along with new @Lethal Performance midpipes.

Cannot wait!

Attachments

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #94
Had Dirty Dan dyno'd last Monday. Made 458.5 awhp and 549 torque, on a ZFG Racing E50 tune. Going to go back for another dyno after installing the downpipes/midpipes, to see if there is any notable performance gain. Stay tuned.

Attachments

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #95
The final product of my custom launch controller/ethanol sensor gauge pod is done and installed. Love the look and resourcefulness of it. It's perfect!

Attachments

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
New Velgen VF5's, 22" x 10.5" +30 offset. Brushed Titanium.

Wrapped in Michelin Super Sport 305/35 rubber.

Looks great, but a trip to the strip will let me know how I really feel.

This new wheel and tire setup shaves 7.6 pounds per corner off. Total weight reduction of 30.4 pounds.
View attachment 12931
Looks really nice

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #98
Had the @Whoosh Motorsports hi flow catted downpipes and @Lethal Performance mid pipes installed. Perfect fitment.

Going to run some data logs and send to my tuner for potential revisions, then back on the dyno to see if there is any performance gain realized by adding the downpipes.

Stay tuned, more info to come.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
The final product of my custom launch controller/ethanol sensor gauge pod is done and installed. Love the look and resourcefulness of it. It's perfect!
Amazing build so far man...I fell behind reading up and have not been disappointed. The gauges and controllers there are hot sex...nice work!

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #100
I was fortunate to snag a custom powder coated set of these Fenfabrication toe links and install them last week. Ran a race this past weekend with them and WHAT. A. Difference!!!!

I could definitely feel the added traction off the line. Not a single wheel hop in 4 passes. And, I recorded my fastest 1/8 mile ET to date. 7.46 @ 93.39 MPH (According to Dragy) Track slip shows 7.47 @ 93.60 MPH.

Reach out to Brett @ Fenfabrication if you truly value trying to gain every advantage you can to maximize this platform's potential.

Attachments

Last edited: