Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dirty Dan Build

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #61
Mannnnnn, this Steeda strut tower brace is FIRE in the new blue. Engine bay appearance is improving more with each addition.

Attachments

Reactions
Damn you Crisisballer17, you beat me to it. Going the Steeda Blue route as well. Looks sweet on your ride. Also looks like we're neighbors, I'm over the bridge in Charlotte. Be well and enjoy.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #63
Damn you Crisisballer17, you beat me to it. Going the Steeda Blue route as well. Looks sweet on your ride. Also looks like we're neighbors, I'm over the bridge in Charlotte. Be well and enjoy.
Going to Cars N Coffee on Saturday morning off Arrowood. If you have time, drive over and let's chat!

Reactions
Love to but this Saturday is lake day at Mountain Island. How often does Cars N coffee.meet? Same place or rotating?

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #65
Love to but this Saturday is lake day at Mountain Island. How often does Cars N coffee.meet? Same place or rotating?
First Saturday of every month. Same place for this particular one....but Rock Hill, Waxhaw and Lake Norman have their own events too, on different days

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #66
I finally received the much coveted H&R's, installed them and had a 4 wheel alignment completed. This is the perfect balance of ride height, comfort and stiffness.

Also received an ECU cover and cold side charge pipe from FenFab and installed them as well.

A little at a time.......it's coming along.

20210910_165309.jpg 20210910_174801.jpg 20210913_174527.jpg 20210913_174537.jpg 20210913_174543.jpg 20210913_174559.jpg

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #67
Pulled the trigger on some black lug nuts this morning, finally. The best price I found, from a reliable retailer was Summit Racing: Gorilla Automotive 96643BDX Gorilla Wheel Locks | Summit Racing

The chrome lug nuts on black wheels is just an absolutely atrocious idea from ANY vehicle manufacturer. I guess that keeps us stimulating the economy though!

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
How are you liking the exhaust? Just got mine on. Seemed like a lot of drone around 80mph and up. It’s a new exhaust so it’s not broken in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #69
How are you liking the exhaust? Just got mine on. Seemed like a lot of drone around 80mph and up. It’s a new exhaust so it’s not broken in yet.

Man, I've had mine on for a few months now. My wife and I both love it. The drone to me, in comparison to other systems out here, is negligible.

Certain RPM ranges do have a bit more drone, but nothing obnoxious, in our opinion. And my wife is the type that cares nothing for aftermarket upgrades....but she doesn't mind the MBRP system at all. She may sing a different tune after the DP's go on. LOL,

I'm sorry if yours seems a bit too much, maybe it will "settle in" better after a few miles.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Man, I've had mine on for a few months now. My wife and I both love it. The drone to me, in comparison to other systems out here, is negligible.

Certain RPM ranges do have a bit more drone, but nothing obnoxious, in our opinion. And my wife is the type that cares nothing for aftermarket upgrades....but she doesn't mind the MBRP system at all. She may sing a different tune after the DP's go on. LOL,

I'm sorry if yours seems a bit too much, maybe it will "settle in" better after a few miles.
It’s not obnoxious. I’m wondering if the tone changes and the muffler settles in some after more miles.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #71
It’s not obnoxious. I’m wondering if the tone changes and the muffler settles in some after more miles.

I can honestly say that, we haven't noticed any "tone change" from date of install until now (4+ months). That being said, I'm hardly an expert on exhaust systems so, I wouldn't notice it unless it was drastic.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #72
My wife and kids ordered me a Whipple Intercooler from Whoosh Motorsports about a month ago, for my birthday. Still waiting for it to ship (no big deal). Looking forward to this project with my oldest son, once it comes in.

Stay "tuned"!

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #73
The intercooler finally showed up and my son and I got around to installing it on Black Friday. Wasn't too bad of an install.
We took our time and got it done without a lift in around 6 hours. That timeframe included 3 trips to the parts store and time to prep/paint the Whipple stencil on the intercooler.
I removed the active shutters and painted the Whipple logo on the intercooler, so that the intercooler and logo is highly visible, which is the look I was going for.

Very happy with the end product. Next up, FenFab DP's, FenFab Diffy Stiffy, Thermal Mid pipes and a tune (TBD on which one, waiting to see what the FRP tune is about, but most likely going to go with ZFG).

Attachments

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks good on what you've done. Like the blue in the engine bay.

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #75
Looks good on what you've done. Like the blue in the engine bay.
Thank you for the compliments. Trying to walk the fine line between nice aesthetics and just gawdy. Lol

Reactions
I'm digging this, thank you for the great write ups

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #77
Well,

I got tired of waiting for the Ford Performance tune so, I just placed my order this morning for the @ZFGracing 93 octane tune.
I have 3 drag races already lined up to start the year. Going to run 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile races this year. Entered two 8.0 index 1/8 mile events and one 12.0 index 1/4 event so far.

Also, aFe Power CAI came in and went directly to the hydro dipper. Should be finished next week and pics will follow.

Looking forward to this! :D

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #78
Today is a great day. Can't wait to get this tune uploaded.

20220223_164123.jpg 20220223_164223.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #79
Cold air kit should be ready to pick up by Friday. Looking forward to it.
20220307_105924.jpg

OP
Crisisballer17
Reactions
Thread Starter #80
Finally got this back from the hydro dipper. Not super easy to photograph but........y'all get the gist of it. I went with a matte clear finish, because I'm just not big on super shiny stuff. I love it!

I'll post installed pics once it's done.

20220317_115401.jpg

Last edited: