Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Did the Lincoln screen swap

tbattista

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Does the screen have a slight tilt towards the driver?

OP
bender953
Reactions
Thread Starter #42
reached out to Haven3DDesign and he said they are making more and will be available again soon hopefully

OP
bender953
Reactions
Thread Starter #43
Does the screen have a slight tilt towards the driver?
because you have to make brackets to connect the screen you can make it tilt if you want. The 3 mounting points on the Lincoln screen don't reach far enough to the spots on the dash so people are zip-stripping the screen in or making custom metal pieces to bridge the gap

Reactions
Nice to see some trim can be had to clean up the bottom section. I was able to buy a screen from car-parts.com and will start working on this in a few weeks after i return from spring break. I envision the Lincoln screen could potentially sit a little lower to where it would be inset slightly into the radio bezel at the bottom that wraps down the radio controls up to the level that it does in the Lincoln, so the bottom section up to where the chrome trim on the sides starts could be inset. It would require some very clean cutting into that radio bezel trim piece, and would be slightly lower than some of these shown, but if it works, it could look pretty clean. Of course i haven't pulled mine off yet to see if it would align/mount lower than what has been done so far, and how clean that would look from the back, but worth a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions
Nice to see some trim can be had to clean up the bottom section. I was able to buy a screen from car-parts.com and will start working on this in a few weeks after i return from spring break. I envision the Lincoln screen could potentially sit a little lower to where it would be inset slightly into the radio bezel at the bottom that wraps down the radio controls up to the level that it does in the Lincoln, so the bottom section up to where the chrome trim on the sides starts could be inset. It would require some very clean cutting into that radio bezel trim piece, and would be slightly lower than some of these shown, but if it works, it could look pretty clean. Of course i haven't pulled mine off yet to see if it would align/mount lower than what has been done so far, and how clean that would look from the back, but worth a shot.
Yes there is no issue mounting it lower you can have it literally resting on the dash above the hazards if you want. All depends on how you want it mounted.

Jorgimbo

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
have you tried to get the climate controls on the screen using forscan now that is landscape and not portrait?

Aron03

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
My screen did not come with the vanity panel on the back and the junk yard no longer has it, the part is $100 from Lincoln......
Whats the part number from Lincoln for that back piece?

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
Would it be possible to pin a complete lists of parts needed for this swap?

OP
bender953
Reactions
Thread Starter #52
Finished my install. I switched to the 8" trim panels and used a square aluminum tube to make the brackets to mount it so it would sit higher.

2020+ LINCOLN AVIATOR DASHBOARD INFO DISPLAY SCREEN LC5T18B955UH OEM

2020-2023 FORD EXPLORER DASH CENTER AIR VENT GRILLE TRIM LB5B19F648BC

2020-2023 FORD EXPLORER STORAGE TRAY LB5Z7813546AC

Forscan was easy. In the APIM change 'Brand' to "Lincoln" and 'Visual Design Variant' to "Lincoln My20 10in"

There is a youtube video showing how to change from the 8" to the 10" ST screen for reference on how the panels install