Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Did the Lincoln screen swap

Reactions
Had to try this for myself. Got a Lincoln Aviator screen for $250 and attached to dash with no problems. 2 simple changes in forscan to make it think it is a Lincoln. I like it 100% better. Everything fits the screen the way it should have been! Seems a little faster response also. Just zip striped into place for now. Will see if someone comes up with a better mounting.

Attachments

Reactions
This is a great upgrade even if the ascetics look like garbage from certain angles, the vents from the 8" landscape screen make it a little better they mainly give you better access to the wheels for the vents.

I am hoping the 3d printing guys on Facebook have some decent solutions soon.

Reactions
This is a great upgrade even if the ascetics look like garbage from certain angles, the vents from the 8" landscape screen make it a little better they mainly give you better access to the wheels for the vents.

I am hoping the 3d printing guys on Facebook have some decent solutions soon.
is that true ??? Someone posted a pic side by side of the 8” and 10” vents and the 10” vents wheels were further apart than the 8” vents??

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You can change the layout from Lincoln back to ST.

Press the right arrow button on the steering wheel and the right arrow button (Scan button) on the infotainment panel at the same time and hold them for five seconds. A new menu screen will appear.

The setting is under Theme. I have done it couple of time.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Had to try this for myself. Got a Lincoln Aviator screen for $250 and attached to dash with no problems. 2 simple changes in forscan to make it think it is a Lincoln. I like it 100% better. Everything fits the screen the way it should have been! Seems a little faster response also. Just zip striped into place for now. Will see if someone comes up with a better mounting.
Where did you purchase the headunit?

Reactions
Highly doubtful you will find any priced that low now that people are aware you can do this swap.

He likely got it used on eBay. There are none currently listed on there now.

bpenn8966

Reactions
I made the mount for mine out of 1/2" aluminum stock, swapped in the 8" vent trim and cut the original shroud to fit. One of the guys who does 3D printing is working on trim for the bottom, it will look pretty good when done. Saved me from ordering a 25 just for the infotainment system that I hated so much. It's a night and day difference. I did get the screen and 8" trim from eBay.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
I made the mount for mine out of 1/2" aluminum stock, swapped in the 8" vent trim and cut the original shroud to fit. One of the guys who does 3D printing is working on trim for the bottom, it will look pretty good when done. Saved me from ordering a 25 just for the infotainment system that I hated so much. It's a night and day difference. I did get the screen and 8" trim from eBay.
mount looks awesome!! Wish I had the no how and tools to make that!!

Hope someone can create a standardized mount and bezel kit. Cause I am interested for sure.

Have you tried changing the theme to ST as listed above?

bpenn8966

Reactions
mount looks awesome!! Wish I had the no how and tools to make that!!

Hope someone can create a standardized mount and bezel kit. Cause I am interested for sure.

Have you tried changing the theme to ST as listed above?
No, definitely going to try that today though! Didn't know about that one.

bpenn8966

Reactions
let us know if it works! I just found a screen and ordered it.
OK, tried this, don't do it LOL. My screen went black and I couldn't see anything, I chose one of the Ford ST ones, the other 10 inch ones are all portrait so those won't work. Luckily the change is temporary and once I shut all the way down and came back it was back to normal. If that didn't work I was going to try a soft reset, with hooking my computer up and using Forscan as a last resort. With this screen you have to change to the Lincoln MY20 10in Visual Design Variant in Forscan and change the brand to Lincoln or you won't have the right perspective and could be missing some menus. I'm not mad at the Lincoln screens though.

OP
bender953
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I found it on car-part.com. It's a website for salvage yards across the country to post their stock. Got mine from a yard in Cali. It's the 2019 and up Aviator screen

Reactions
My screen did not come with the vanity panel on the back and the junk yard no longer has it, the part is $100 from Lincoln......

Reactions
My screen did not come with the vanity panel on the back and the junk yard no longer has it, the part is $100 from Lincoln......
Yea mine didn’t come with it either. Most don’t.

We’ll have to wait for the mounting bracket and covers to come from someone 3d printing them for the swap.

Reactions
Do all the features/menu's work like they do on the ST? i.e interior color lights, massage seats, a/c controls front and rear, etc

Wonder if any future Sync updates will break the settings or the screen set up. Pretty damn awesome though, might order one for myself as well

Last edited:
Reactions
Do all the features/menu's work like they do on the ST? i.e interior color lights, massage seats, a/c controls front and rear, etc

Wonder if any future Sync updates will break the settings or the screen set up. Pretty damn awesome though, might order one for myself as well
everything works and no future updates would break it. It’s not anything that’s custom to the cars apim configuration. The apim module updates are the same for the aviator and the explorer.

Reactions
So do I just put my old apim to the new lincoln screen then make the changes in forscan? Anyone know?

Reactions
So do I just put my old apim to the new lincoln screen then make the changes in forscan? Anyone know?
Yep, connect the cable to the Lincoln screen then make the changes in forscan. Order shouldn't matter though (doing forscan changes before removing the old one or after plugging the new one in).

zeropoint

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Could you post a video just kinda showing it off and explaining the installation and set up process?