Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Did anyone else get the recall letter?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The "rear axle bolt" is not a "drive line bolt."

The recall notice is for a reflash of the electronic e-brake, so that if the rear axle bolt shears and you put it into park the vehicle will not roll away.

You had reported on another thread of hard transmission downshifting which led to a possible CV/U joint break.

That is different from the extremely rare rear axle bolt shear that some people are reporting.

GTB1

Reactions
apparently the fix is that the electronic parking break engages every time you put it into park. really?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
apparently the fix is that the electronic parking break engages every time you put it into park. really?
Until you break the bolt, then it is unclear if you just get a new stronger bolt for your “one time replacement“ along with fixing anything else that broke when the bolt let go or something else. It will be interesting to see what Ford does when it happens.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #25
Wow. That is terrible!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have the the necessary part numbers for the 4 bolt?
The one I purchased was MB5Z-5035-E . It came with the two isolators for the two bolts. My diff cover had two bolt holes. I did buy some bolts for the subframe but don't remember the part numbers.

Reactions
The one I purchased was MB5Z-5035-E . It came with the two isolators for the two bolts. My diff cover had two bolt holes. I did buy some bolts for the subframe but don't remember the part numbers.
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
So I finally got the car back they replace the complete rear end. I think the invoice was about $10,000 and took about three months. Glad to have the car back.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So I finally got the car back they replace the complete rear end. I think the invoice was about $10,000 and took about three months. Glad to have the car back.
Try telling that to CareerFireman who thinking it's not a big deal. Glad to hear you got it back. And if you can post a picture of the invoice. Thanks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Wow, 3 months to fix that !! what bullshit .. Did they give you a car to use while it just sat at the dealer ?? This is a bunch of shit ,they cant get parts for months ?? why is that ? That makes no sence.. So what is it a covid thing and thats why they have no spare parts ....