Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Did anyone else get the recall letter?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got the notice today about the rear axle bolt today. Anybody else?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I did. Interesting phrasing about a “one time repair” of the rear axle bolts and housing within 10 years or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date for “your peace of mind”.

OP
StellaST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I did. Interesting phrasing about a “one time repair” of the rear axle bolts and housing within 10 years or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date for “your peace of mind”.
I know right? And that they only fix if necessary???

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I got the recall done last week. Parking brake is automatically applied every time park is engaged. Poor repair for inferior design flaws on a $60k ride. Can't wait until it's 30 below and the brakes are froze up!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I got one. Already did the software update. Already replaced my 3 bolt cross member. Disappointed in Ford's response.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I received a recall but I will not be taking my vehicle in the last thing I want is the dealership to touch my vehicle it’ll just come out screwed up.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I received a recall but I will not be taking my vehicle in the last thing I want is the dealership to touch my vehicle it’ll just come out screwed up.
I had the electronic brake recall flash done as soon as I got the letter. No issues.
I'm also getting the fuel line rattle issue completed the minute the foam block parts come in.

We can't be afraid of going to the dealer for work that needs to be done ...

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We can't be afraid of going to the dealer for work that needs to be done ...
Agreed! It's unfortunate though that not all dealership service departments are created equally and it can be difficult to find one with quality management and techs. I have three "near" me and use the best of the three, but still wish I had a better option when needed.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Agreed! It's unfortunate though that not all dealership service departments are created equally and it can be difficult to find one with quality management and techs. I have three "near" me and use the best of the three, but still wish I had a better option when needed.
I get 'ya. But the fuel line rattle is driving me nuts so to the dealer I went! Figures my car was made within the 44 day spread of the TSB. Lol

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just an annoying complaint about the recall and parking brake. My wife's Mercedes locks the parking brake every time you shift into park. As soon as you shift out of park it released the parking brake automatically. Why can't Ford do it this way? I suppose they are thinking if the driveshaft has broke then they don't want to release it :mad:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
As soon as you touch the gas pedal the parking brake releases. So are we stuck with this as the solution unless the bolt brakes? I was under the impression that Ford would be replacing the 1 bolt when parts were available.

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
Got mine too late. Already major failure. Parts back ordered 2 months!!!!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got mine too late. Already major failure. Parts back ordered 2 months!!!!
What do you mean "Got mine too late." The brake flash recall wasn't related to your transmission issue.

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
I received a recall notice for the driveline bolt. Unfortunately it is already malfunction and blew the complete rear end up. it’s in the shop waiting for a new rear end probably one more month it’s already been there one month they said one more month before the part might be available

JR01

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer St
The first post had to do with an axle bolt recall. I didn’t know anything about the brake flash

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That sucks. Did they give you a loaner while they wait for parts?